• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. How long does it take for grass to grow back? Its been about 6 days now and I haven't seen any signs of my damaged grass growing back. This is so annoying.

iamtheb

I need to unload some turnips in a bad way (like in the next 45 minutes). Could someone add me and then PM their friend code if their turnips are going for more than 70 bells per? Thanks, guys.

0018-0273-7962

Oxx

tumblr_motcix6nQL1rf96tno1_400.jpg

Foreign Isabelle making with the jokes.

Tiktaalik

Do villagers get sticker shock and refuse to buy the stuff in ReSell? I've been doing pretty ok selling my stuff for a few hundred bells over suggested price but I wonder if there's any sort of cut off. Like could I price something at 10s of thousands and the villager's would still buy it?

Farun

Neo Member
Is there any other way to get a members pass for Mortimers Club (?) other than playing those little mini games? I don't like them to be honest, but I want to play with random others.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Is there any other way to get a members pass for Mortimers Club (?) other than playing those little mini games? I don't like them to be honest, but I want to play with random others.

Nope.

Just farm the scavenger hunt over and over. It's easy and you get a lot of medals.

Playing the minigames will be the only way you'll get medals. You'll have to try out the more difficult games if you want more medals

Robin64

I don't run at all and I'm still getting grass wear. Putting flowers in worn areas and watering every day, but it's still a tad worrying.

On the other hand, it looks a lot more natural than City Folk's effort.

Elija2

So I visited someone else's town, and they had Katt as a villager too. Their Katt didn't even recognize me though.

Do villagers get sticker shock and refuse to buy the stuff in ReSell? I've been doing pretty ok selling my stuff for a few hundred bells over suggested price but I wonder if there's any sort of cut off. Like could I price something at 10s of thousands and the villager's would still buy it?

I priced one of my items a bit high and my villager commented that it was too pricey. I think 4x the suggested price is the limit.

Sane_Man

I need to unload some turnips in a bad way (like in the next 45 minutes). Could someone add me and then PM their friend code if their turnips are going for more than 70 bells per? Thanks, guys.

0018-0273-7962

Mine are going for 122. My FC is 3566 1520 6767. Added you and will open my gate if you want in.

How do use the megaphone?

this is my problem

Blaire: find me a butterfly Little S any Butterfly will do

take me a long while because it is not really butterfly hour right now

finally find on look for Blaire but she is fishing talk to her she is too busy fishing to take that damn thing so I can be on my way

Berordn

I don't run at all and I'm still getting grass wear. Putting flowers in worn areas and watering every day, but it's still a tad worrying.

On the other hand, it looks a lot more natural than City Folk's effort.

Yeah, walking at all on grass causes some wear for sure, but it's less of an issue I guess since there's much more grass to begin with... and as far as I can tell, wear only starts at the edges of dirt patches. Could just be that I'm not running around on grass at all, but I don't see any wear in the middle of my lush areas.

Me, too. It's the only thing that's really frustrated me so far. Everything about this game has been perfect. Seeing lots of wear on Tumblr too.

I ranted about it in my Club Nintendo survey though I doubt anything will come of it.

Razorskin

----- ------
They messed up balloon gifts in this game by making them only drop balloon furniture (and special slingshots, but who cares if everything else to knock down suck)

Maximus.

Shrunk will stand next to your house after a certain number days looking to to get six signatures from the villagers

Upgrade Nookling Junction by buying enough stuff from it. Shrunk will come to town after you do so. Once you get the signatures, it apparently takes 5 more days to open the club.

Ah ok, I will keep an eye out for him tomorrow, since my the T&T mart just opened today.

That's what I thought! Ever since yesterday I've been tripping a lot, and that never happened to me before.

Haha must be the glasses! Isabelle playing tricks on us :p I liked them because they are 2008 Kanye style haha.

I love this save and continue thing

you just dropped a beehive from a tree and you about to be smacked hit START save and continue no more bees

You want a Shark to or beetle to re-spawn on the spot you saw it hit START save and continue

you want Blaire to stop ignoring you while fishing so she can take the stupid butterfly she asked for hit START save and continue

I wonder what else this is good for :3

Me, too. It's the only thing that's really frustrated me so far. Everything about this game has been perfect. Seeing lots of wear on Tumblr too.

I ranted about it in my Club Nintendo survey though I doubt anything will come of it.

Yeah, its an extremely poorly implemented design choice and really fucks up my enjoyment of the game and makes me worry about this shit too much. I really, really wish they remove grass wear on the inevitable Wii U version. Besides the whole "take it slow and enjoy the journey" aspect, there really isn't a cohesive reason. And that reason isn't even enough. Its just glaringly stupid.

I NEED AN INTERVENTION

xLooCq3.jpg

Being able to take this anywhere is the bane of my existence.

We can't give you an intervention, this whole thread is a destructive co-dependent relationship :p

68 hours for me. Already #1 on my Activity Log. After a week. 2 years of 3DS, and I've played this game more than any other.

abundant

I had horrible luck today on the Island. Missed 8 Golden Stags. On the plus side, I still made near 250,000 bells and paid off my Reset Center with about 100,000 bells left over for turnips/pay off my new loan.

FillerB

Silly question time. How much bells does an island-beetle-run at ~8AM put in your pocket. I should unlock the Island tomorrow so I want to know whether I can raise enough bells before noon to get an decent Turnip haul.

Elija2

you just dropped a beehive from a tree and you about to be smacked hit START save and continue no more bees

:O

It makes me wonder why they even added the Save and Continue option. If they don't want people resetting, why would they give you the option to save without ending the game?

Yeah, its an extremely poorly implemented design choice and really fucks up my enjoyment of the game and makes me worry about this shit too much. I really, really wish they remove grass wear on the inevitable Wii U version. Besides the whole "take it slow and enjoy the journey" aspect, there really isn't a cohesive reason. And that reason isn't even enough. Its just glaringly stupid.

"Poorly implemented" being the key words. I'm okay with the idea but it's just not executed well at all. Real time is emphasized within the game but it would take me forever to wear down my own backyard the way it looks within this game. And if I wanted more grass to grow, I have better options than planting a couple tulips and watering them every day.

Just keep watering those band-aid flowers and hope for the best.

abundant

Silly question time. How much bells does an island-beetle-run at ~8AM put in your pocket. I should unlock the Island tomorrow so I want to know whether I can raise enough bells before noon to get an decent Turnip haul.

Not much (2,000 bells for the best one). All of the big money beetles (6,000 - 12,000 bells) come out at night.

Bro you playin' a game in which you trade furniture with rhinos and make a living off turnips. Shit already creepy.

ah yiss this is true

To be fair, I have left my 3ds idle for many hours. I left it idle for at least 5-8 hours a day the past week to get a tan on the island. Never mind when I didn't know you could still left friends come over if you put the system to sleep so I just left my 3ds open all night. That's another 8-10 hours. In reality I've probably clocked 70-80 hours.

my tanning is still going poorly made some movement away from pale but I want that deep chocolate this is hard work so it should not be counted against your game time even idle 3DS when open for Tanning that = real game time it should be respected as that because tanning is very difficult

zroid

Banned

It makes me wonder why they even added the Save and Continue option. If they don't want people resetting, why would they give you the option to save without ending the game?

Heh, I don't think they actually don't want people to reset. They want you to play however you choose. However, the point is you're supposed to feel bad if you reset. :p

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Save and continue is mainly due to Nintendo realizing people are just going to put the game in sleep mode a lot, but things like the system dying or the cart getting push out can happen. I like how the game will auto save also at least once a day, at 6AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom