• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much of the game do you miss when you are just playing as a second non-mayor character? My gf got the game and I'm wondering whether it's worth bothering to play a secondary character in this game. We are living together, so sharing games isn't a problem normally, but I'm afraid that I would lock myself out of too much content this way in this game.

You won't be able to enact ordinances or build Public Works projects. You can still enjoy said projects and ordinances though, as they affect the whole town. You can also donate to projects, so you can help get built whatever your gf decides to build. The whole "Mayor" thing is quite overstated in the marketing to be honest, it's a fairly small part of the game.

Doorman

Is the watering can just for flowers? Any use repairing worn grass patches, or for trees?

My first turnip day tomorrow, is there a limit on how many you can buy (don't have enough money for that this time but just wondering)

If you have multiple storage units can you still only store the same amount of stuff? Thinking because you can access through the train station locker which is fixed size.
I believe that every storage unit takes you to the same storage menu, regardless of where you access it from (whether it's the station locker or any storage unit within your house).

How much of the game do you miss when you are just playing as a second non-mayor character? My gf got the game and I'm wondering whether it's worth bothering to play a secondary character in this game. We are living together, so sharing games isn't a problem normally, but I'm afraid that I would lock myself out of too much content this way in this game.

The mayor is the one to enact public works projects and ordinances, but that's functionally the only difference. Unless you and your GF go through a huge number of disagreements about what should be added to the town and where, I don't see it being an issue really.

suzu

I need a watering can as well...

Get Tools and Items from Isabelle

You can get items such as stationery, non-native fruit, and tools such as a bug net, fishing rod, or a watering can, from Isabelle! Just ask her for advice.

The first time you ask Isabelle for advice, she will give you some stationery and recommend that you send a letter. The next time you ask Isabelle for advice, she will say that she can explain more about letters, or give you some new advice.

If you ask for new advice, she will talk about wanting to go to the beach and look for seashells with you. After this, you should go get a seashell from the beach and bring it to Isabelle. She'll give you a basket of non-native fruits in return.

Her next advice depends on whether you're carrying a shovel or not. Isabelle will explain how to plant trees.

If you ask her for more advice, you can tell her whether you are interested in fishing or bug catching. If you say fishing, she will ask you to catch three different types of fish and then show her your encyclopedia. If you say bug catching, she will ask you to catch three different types of bugs and then show her your encyclopedia.

Talk to her again if you don't have fishing rod or bug net and she will sell you one at the standard price of 500 bells.

Once you have caught 3 different types of bugs or 3 different types of fish, go back and show Isabelle. She won't have any more advice for you after that, so she will give you a watering can as a welcoming gift. After that, she'll tell you to take it easy for the rest of the day.

source.

Kenai

Is it possible for Redd's entire room to be fake? I was gonna open my gates so people who missed out so far have a shot at an art piece, but every single item looks fake to me...don't want everyone buying crap.

suzu

Is it possible for Redd's entire room to be fake? I was gonna open my gates so people who missed out so far have a shot at an art piece, but every single item looks fake to me...don't want everyone buying crap.

He should have at least one real work of art.. I think it'd be pretty messed up if he had all fakes with how infrequently he shows up. lol

You can check to see if they're fake/real art here.

Kenai

He should have at least one real work of art.. I think it'd be pretty messed up if he had all fakes with how infrequently he shows up. lol

You can check to see if they're fake/real art here.

Yea that is what I am using, and three are obvious fakes (Mona Lisa crooked fingers, Lady Looking Back wrong way, one child under Cappy Wolf) but King Kamehameha doesn't look like he's pointing upward like the picture. Then again, he doesn't look like he's pointing forward really either.

Heropon

One of my villagers told me that he met Redd in another town and bought an art piece. Fortunately, it wasn't fake and now the museum has the grand total of two paintings.

Novocaine

My 3DSXL is in the mail (I was hellbent on getting one of the straight black MH3 ones so I had to get it shipped). Got Animal Crossing sitting on my computer desk just waiting. So pumped.

suzu

Yea that is what I am using, and three are obvious fakes (Mona Lisa crooked fingers, Lady Looking Back wrong way, one child under Cappy Wolf) but King Kamehameha doesn't look like he's pointing upward like the picture. Then again, he doesn't look like he's pointing forward really either.

That's weird. D: Can you take a picture of it?

Kangi

AfaIk, if his palm is facing downward it's fake, if it's facing upward it's real.

yHDSODR.jpg

MicH

Muddy just sold me a legit painting and an awesome Rocco sofa. I.. I don't know what to feel anymore.

Also she started singing and was happy afterwards so I pushed her around until she got mad. I'm a terrible mayor

hitmon

Yeah when he says "It may take some time to appear", that's bullshit, it should appear instantly :S Maybe it was a fake?

Press left or right on the D-pad to see the sides of the room, they're placed there as well.

make sure to move the camera around in the gallery, it could be hanging up on one of the side walls

It was real, thanks for the tip about the D-pad. It was hanging on the wall all along! Still waiting for the option Museum Shop to pop up. Do I need more than one painting for the option to appear? I donated fossils, bugs, and fishes.

Thanks! And ok.

Any tips for tanning?
Its clear skys right now and my guy still doesn't look darker!

tanning in town does not happen until mid July but the thing is if it works it shows up the NEXT DAY so if you have clear skys you will only see some changes the next day also to see changes wear a skin tone pattern patter 10 page should have the skin tone shades you seek

July 15 or 16 I think it starts when you only need 15 minutes to tan 1 level it goes up to level 5 dark

It was real, thanks for the tip about the D-pad. It was hanging on the wall all along! Still waiting for the option Museum Shop to pop up. Do I need more than one painting for the option to appear? I donated fossils, bugs, and fishes.

It takes two weeks of playing and one item in each exhibit.

Kenai

That's weird. D: Can you take a picture of it?

I can but I have no tumblr dump. I really should get around to that.

AfaIk, if his palm is facing downward it's fake, if it's facing upward it's real.

Oh ty so much. Yea, my King Kamehameha is real.

If anyone's art exhibit is bare (you need at least one art entry to open the museum shop for silver tools!) PM me. Trying to be a nice guy here since I don't have this statue yet either so please be needy!

The Lamp

Guys I'm having time trouble.

I reformatted my 3DS, and even though I set it back to the correct time and date before playing, I put my AC cartridge in and start the game and it tells me it's June 21st, 2015, and even the time is off. It doesn't sync with my 3DS time clock, it just stays that way, even though I tried restarting the game.

:( How do I fix it...

I had so many weeds to pull ;_;

Reposting because I'm desperate...

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Boomer walks over to me excitedly, so I'm like "hell yeah, maybe he's going to suggest something to build!" He actually does have a suggestion: a pile of pipes -_- yeah, that's the shit that's really gonna make this town special dude

Kenai

Man, claimed very fast. Gate will be open for the next hour or two bro. Be fast, I have other friends that don't know but might stop by.

jasonng

Guys I'm having time trouble.

I reformatted my 3DS, and even though I set it back to the correct time and date before playing, I put my AC cartridge in and start the game and it tells me it's June 21st, 2015, and even the time is off. It doesn't sync with my 3DS time clock, it just stays that way, even though I tried restarting the game.

:( How do I fix it...

I had so many weeds to pull ;_;

You can set the game time before loading your file. It's an option when you talk to Isabelle under the spotlight.

Kenai

I totally bought the fake Cappy Wolf. I'll display a real one when i get it, museum can have any extras I acquire (you can't tell me what to do Blathers!!!)

FrsDvl

Damn Nintendo Canada... Tried going to the animal crossing meeting in Edmonton again..
No Nintendo ambassador, not even any people with a 3DS on them. I guess I can try again tomorrow but doubt they are actually going to be the tomorrow.

zroid

Banned
Damn Nintendo Canada... Tried going to the animal crossing meeting in Edmonton again..
No Nintendo ambassador, not even any people with a 3DS on them. I guess I can try again tomorrow but doubt they are actually going to be the tomorrow.

\did they change the location in Edmonton too, perhaps?

Toronto's got switched up due to some... issues.

SmithnCo

Giant Dragonfly tour is pretty awesome. Only bad part is it's seven minutes, so I usually catch 10 and then leave it until it's over. Less work than Elite Scavenger though it is slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom