• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulUnison

Banned
Leif hasn't sold an axe in 6 days now, it's just watering can, watering can, watering can. An I really need to move some trees around - I completely messed up my orchard layout because I didn't know that fruit that falls on pattern path magically disappears.

I already have a watering can, but do I need to buy the one he has out before he'll stock something different in its place?

Seriously disappointing when I wake up everyday this week wanting to do some organizing and he's still selling another watering can.

Elija2

I'm very happy with my Poncho, he was one of my favorites from the original.
A9oHeSf.jpg

On his first day, he went and bought my Neogaf shirt. He's a good guy.

With his new makeover in New Leaf, I think he's one of the best looking animals I've seen.

Poncho was my main man in Wild World. He was one of the first people to move into my village and while others moved away he never left my side. I've yet to see him in New Leaf though.

I already have a watering can, but do I need to buy the one he has out before he'll stock something different in its place?

No. I haven't bought a watering can from him but he still occasionally sells axes. I guess you're just really unlucky.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
for real though, what do you guys do for big $? my buddy says bug hunting on the island at night, but i'm terrible at that.

tumblr_mot49qH2DS1svw95ao1_500.jpg

Posted earlier in this thread (sorry to whoever made it, I don't remember your name. :<)

This really is the best way. And it's easy! Especially important is learning to sneak the right away.

zroid

Banned
for real though, what do you guys do for big $? my buddy says bug hunting on the island at night, but i'm terrible at that.

Shark hunting is fine too, but bugs are definitely quicker and more reliable. It's not so hard, you just gotta learn to approach them the right way. Some people say cut down all the non-palm trees but I don't really bother with that. Best thing is to just get rid of the palm trees on the south side because they slow you down a lot.

Betty

Banned
It takes patience. Listen to some music while you hunt. You could always fish for sharks too, but sound is recommended for that.

Very, very true. I tried catching sharks by watching for the lure to sink, I was successful maybe 50% of the time. But by looking away and just waiting for the 'splosh', 100% success.

Alec

If someone catches an extra tarantula, I will pay handsomly for it. I've logged over 100 hours and still haven't seen one.

GolazoDan

Decided to stop living like an animal, established some paths in my town. At least the main bit with the houses and town hall and all that. Don't have the QR reader yet so my checkerboard design will have to do!

Also turned the island into a tree paradise because dem island beetles = TOP DOLLAH. That's this round of loans paid off.

Betty

Banned
How does it work ?
I don't understand how to use it...

Click "New Pattern" at the top right.

You then have a choice of uploading from your computer or by pasting an image's url from somewhere online.

Once your picture has been chosen, hit auto-resize if you want it to automatically make it the right size for a design, or alternatively, if you only want part of the picture, click on the picture and drag the cursor until the selection box contains what you want.

Then finally select "convert"

Done.

Iacobellis

Posted earlier in this thread (sorry to whoever made it, I don't remember your name. :<)

This really is the best way. And it's easy! Especially important is learning to sneak the right away.

Thank you for this! I didn't know it was possible to remove the bushes.

IrishNinja

thanks for the replies, guys!

okay so now i just need an axe, that's from the shop that should show up if i keep watering things around town right? you can do this, irish

Kapp'n may be my favorite character.

i know i can skip the songs, but i can't.

Sleepy

Just started to upload pics, so here are some random pics from the beginning:

Marley (limlark) in her Cosby sweater phase (I wear the mask when visiting other towns to avoid SARS and shit):

1017306_261767753962481_6772087_n.jpg

Playing Pinball at Graham's (how has he been playing less time than me, but has cooler shit? a fucking kitchen sink?):

996179_261767303962526_177135942_n.jpg

Graham and I (Sleepy) checking out my aquarium:

995659_261767463962510_107238285_n.jpg

1012801_261767407295849_1282852745_n.jpg

Marley and I at Summer Solstice:

999257_261767137295876_86210112_n.jpg

Wee, Graham, and I getting schooled by Kapp'n

1000525_261767227295867_785242311_n.jpg

Celebrating the Dream Suite (nice of more than one villager to show up, finally):

1045091_261767560629167_1729206030_n.jpg

I know this might sound cheesy as all hell, but thank you to everyone who has made the game so enjoyable during the last few weeks-- the ones I have spent serious time with (even if you aren't in the pics) and the ones that I have only seen once.

Markun

tumblr_motk5vuURD1sv6k0ao1_400.jpg

I just thought this was cute.

tumblr_motjnkyVHh1sv6k0ao1_400.jpg

The current status of my town. Whoever wrote this will receive a neutral :| from me.

tumblr_motjonXFXT1sv6k0ao1_400.jpg

My fortune today. Yet another consolation prize (Sleek Dresser).

tumblr_motjptV2cE1sv6k0ao1_400.jpg

A green bear came camping into my village. I like her because I suckered her into buying one of my beetles for huge bells.

tumblr_motjx3wqQi1sv6k0ao1_400.jpg

At least Patty recognizes me and my clear mayorliness.

tumblr_motjy2WW0b1sv6k0ao1_400.jpg

We celebrated the completion of a yellow bench while it was raining. While I do like that everyone has town pride, I question if celebrating the completion of a bench is necessary.

tumblr_motjrdTLyt1sv6k0ao1_400.jpg

This thing scared the carp out of me when I fished it out.

tumblr_motjz0sbs21sv6k0ao1_400.jpg

The newest addition to my town, Jeremiah. Definitely better than that jerkhole cephalopod.

tumblr_motk02S38A1sv6k0ao1_400.jpg

The best program I've seen on the TV yet.

tumblr_motk10WlUi1sv6k0ao1_400.jpg

Me and Isabelle looking for a place to build a park clock. I wish I could give her an umbrella. :<

tumblr_motk3aevtp1sv6k0ao1_400.jpg

I am now a bear. Roar.

suzu

http://25.media.tumblr.com/94901556114b1708b75c49b19f4971fa/tumblr_mot49qH2DS1svw95ao1_500.jpg

That would be me. :)

crap that's right! thanks man
do the trees you take down stay down on later visits, then?

Yes.

The Tortimer Island with a Club membership is instanced though, so it will always reset.

Chaos17

Click "New Pattern" at the top right.

You then have a choice of uploading from your computer or by pasting an image's url from somewhere online.

Once your picture has been chosen, hit auto-resize if you want it to automatically make it the right size for a design, or alternatively, if you only want part of the picture, click on the picture and drag the cursor until the selection box contains what you want.

Then finally select "convert"

Done.

thank you very mucg, I will try it again.

NewGame

Banned

I've already tailored my island for this layout. Though I have a line of lemon trees towards the hut running between both side palms. This is how you can get rainbow stags(10k) and giant stags(10k) during typical island runs.

I also suggest having flowers along the front of the grass area as you get an emperor butterfly (3k) spawn every now and again.

The faster you fill your basket the more profit you'll make in a bell-to-time ratio.

Neiteio

Today was a good day.

I paid off the first house expansion, so it'll be expanding again tomorrow. I also paid off the campsite, and raised enough money at the island to pay off a second bridge tomorrow.

The 20+ banana trees I planted along the beach are growing nicely, as are the lichee trees. While on the beach, I met Gulliver and answered his question correctly (Vietnam!). He even name-dropped Super Mario Sunshine's Ricco Harbor. :O

I also got my third balloon item, the balloon bed -- I don't even have the slingshot yet; I just wait for it to fly low by the cliff, and then thwack it with my net! I also donated ~50 fossils/fish/insects... Played hide and seek with three neighbors, and won... And something is being built in the shopping district, right next to the Able Sisters. O_O

This game is so fun! Playing it alongside The Last of Us = BEST COMBO.

K' Dash

Could somebody with the hairdresser open please have us my GF and me? I'll leave our FCs, we well be online for the next few hours.

Pam: 4828-4239-7994
Dash: 0318-6957-0602

Thanks in advance :D

zroid

Banned
I actually started TLOU but haven't been able to get back to it, lol. ACNL's siren song is too sweet. Played about an hour or so.

tumblr_motjptV2cE1sv6k0ao1_400.jpg

A green bear came camping into my village. I like her because I suckered her into buying one of my beetles for huge bells.
She's a bitch. I had a delivery for her and she had the nerve to say "Ugh, this guy again? Why won't he leave me alone?"

She was dead to me after that. Get your house away from mine since you planted it over my orchard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom