• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mot49qH2DS1svw95ao1_500.jpg

Posted earlier in this thread (sorry to whoever made it, I don't remember your name. :<)

This really is the best way. And it's easy! Especially important is learning to sneak the right away.

I should get rid of the center trees, but I have four palm trees on the north side of the island.

Neiteio

I actually started TLOU but haven't been able to get back to it, lol. ACNL's siren song is too sweet. Played about an hour or so.
Before playing TLoU, I rolled my eyes at the hype. I thought the game couldn't possibly be that good. And the game does start slow -- solid, but slow. But then you venture beyond the outskirts of the quarantine zone, and it becomes irresistible. I'd go so far as to say it's the RE4 of this generation -- just immaculately crafted and beautifully paced, with super-tight gameplay that encourages improvisation and is challenging without being unfair. A true "road movie" of an adventure, journeying across the country, through the different seasons and weather, sneaking in the shadows, scouring for supplies... Relative to gaming circa 2013, I definitely feel the 10/10s are justified.

And playing TLoU alongside Animal Crossing takes it to a whole new level. The games couldn't be more different, yet they complement each other perfectly, like peanut butter and jelly, or cheese and crackers. The effect is DELICIOUS.

Here's my dream code if anyone wants to give Waikiki a visit. I literally just uploaded the latest version. The code changed too for some reason too...

4800-2169-9920

GolazoDan

Before playing TLoU, I rolled my eyes at the hype. I thought the game couldn't possibly be that good. And the game does start slow -- solid, but slow. But then you venture beyond the outskirts of the quarantine zone, and it becomes irresistible. I'd go so far as to say it's the RE4 of this generation -- just immaculately crafted and beautifully paced, with super-tight gameplay that encourages improvisation and is challenging without being unfair. A true "road movie" of an adventure, journeying across the country, through the different seasons and weather, sneaking in the shadows, scouring for supplies... Relative to gaming circa 2013, I definitely feel the 10/10s are justified.

And playing TLoU alongside Animal Crossing takes it to a whole new level. The games couldn't be more different, yet they complement each other perfectly, like peanut butter and jelly, or cheese and crackers. The effect is DELICIOUS.
I'm finding it difficult to get myself playing TLOU. I've played an hour and a bit (
not even faced clickers yet, ha
) but the hype and my own fear of SCURRY VIDJAGAMES makes me not wanna play it when I'd usually be playing video games (like 2 in the morning). Especially when I can do essentially nothing in Animal Crossing and have a good time, it's quite a contrast in terms of stress levels.

EDIT: And yes, I am running a Night Owl town, :D

Neiteio

I'm finding it difficult to get myself playing TLOU. I've played an hour and a bit (
not even faced clickers yet, ha
) but the hype and my own fear of SCURRY VIDJAGAMES makes me not wanna play it when I'd usually be playing video games (like 2 in the morning). Especially when I can do essentially nothing in Animal Crossing and have a good time, it's quite a contrast in terms of stress levels.

EDIT: And yes, I am running a Night Owl town, :D
TLoU doles out the scares sparingly, I'd say. The tension usually comes during the enemy encounters where you're either being hunted by hooligans, or in a place filled with infected. But for every such encounter, there is like 10-15 minutes of quiet exploration, and mild environmental puzzle-solving, and collecting supplies/crafting gear/reading notes, etc., all while surrounded by the beauty of urban decay and, later on, Mother Nature. (Just wait until you get out into the wilderness!)

So is there still a master list to add your friend code to? Or are people just putting them here? I haven't done any multiplayer yet. I'm at 0817-4158-9208. If you add me pm me your code and I'll add you back.

Also started a twitter photo blog @bennieacnewleaf.

Chopper

So holding L whilst using the circle pad makes you run, allowing you to run around using one hand. #gamechanger

Also, what the fuck is up with all the tripping?!

Betty

Banned
So holding L whilst using the circle pad makes you run, allowing you to run around using one hand. #gamechanger

Damn, you're right.

Chopper said:
Also, what the fuck is up with all the tripping?!

You're cursed, a random ailment that can only be alleviated by visiting Katrina the fortune teller.

It'll go away eventually on it's own as well though.

Oh my god, I need Majora's Mask, so hard. You guys have no idea how much I want that.

That being said, does anyone want me to visit their town? I'll probably rummage through your stores and such, but I'd like to see some other places while I'm stuck in the first day town that I have haha.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
tumblr_mot49qH2DS1svw95ao1_500.jpg

Posted earlier in this thread (sorry to whoever made it, I don't remember your name. :<)

This really is the best way. And it's easy! Especially important is learning to sneak the right away.
Is it okay to leave stumps at the bottom part? Is it a problem to have any banana trees growing nearby palms?
I've already tailored my island for this layout. Though I have a line of lemon trees towards the hut running between both side palms. This is how you can get rainbow stags(10k) and giant stags(10k) during typical island runs.

I also suggest having flowers along the front of the grass area as you get an emperor butterfly (3k) spawn every now and again.

The faster you fill your basket the more profit you'll make in a bell-to-time ratio.
Dang I need some lemons.

Smilax

Oh my god, I need Majora's Mask, so hard. You guys have no idea how much I want that.

That being said, does anyone want me to visit their town? I'll probably rummage through your stores and such, but I'd like to see some other places while I'm stuck in the first day town that I have haha.

You can come to my town if you want. :p We can do island stuff or something.

FC: 3523-3319-4954

suzu

How do I remove stumps?

Shovel.

Is it okay to leave stumps at the bottom part? Is it a problem to have any banana trees growing nearby palms?

Dang I need some lemons.

I'd remove the stumps at the bottom. Same reasons as the middle.

Aren't banana trees also palm trees? D:

I've already tailored my island for this layout. Though I have a line of lemon trees towards the hut running between both side palms. This is how you can get rainbow stags(10k) and giant stags(10k) during typical island runs.

I also suggest having flowers along the front of the grass area as you get an emperor butterfly (3k) spawn every now and again.

The faster you fill your basket the more profit you'll make in a bell-to-time ratio.

I think I'm going to grow back 2 non-palm trees and see if it's any better. I fill my inventory with 8k-12k beetles and sharks in about 30-40 min already. Then I unload them all at a town w/Bell Bloom ordinance.

Finally went to the island today!

I didn't get many bells, but I didn't know about the tips till now..

Also tomorrow, my new fruit tree should have grown! Woo

Kangi

Anyone with a >100 turnip price at their re-tail who wants me to freeload in their town? I missed my chances and just want to break even at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom