• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

They are 8k i've sold them for this many times.
No, they're not.

http://au.ign.com/wikis/animal-crossing-new-leaf/Tiger_Beetle

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Tiger_Beetle

For me, the expensive beetles spawn mostly on the trees in the middle. So maybe you should observe your island for a little bit before you cut down everything.
The expensive beetles ALL spawn on palm trees only. There are a few that match the price that do spawn on the regular, middle trees but their spawn rate is so small compared to the worthless ones it's not worth keeping the trees at all.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
For me, the expensive beetles spawn mostly on the trees in the middle. So maybe you should observe your island for a little bit before you cut down everything.

for me, the centre trees mostly spawn miyama stags and dynastids, which are worth even less than the butterflys. I only keep one tree in the middle because I sometimes get a rainbow stag and the neighbours might want one

Are you catching them in your town, not the island? Are you having to swap or drop the scallops because your inventory's full?

Caught all of them in my town without having to swapped or dropped it from my inventory.

Guess I'm gonna try to find it again in the afternoon. :/

Wolfe

Caught all of them in my town without having to swapped or dropped it from my inventory.

My second one I caught was off the beach of my town yet he didn't show up for me either, I think it was around 8pm but I'm not sure if the time affected it.

ramyeon

He should always appear on the first scallop catch of the day unless his route is obscured (Too close to the pier or beach) or your inventory is full, in which case he'll appear on the second. Not sure if it can be affected by other visitors to town since I haven't tried that much. But every time he's appeared on the first.

You bad people, cause of you I just ordered my copy of the game from Amazon.

Truth is, I was in need of some stress-free gaming and I think AC will offer that. I am new to the franchise btw.

So after getting a meh public works project request yesterday from Ava (a Fairy Tale bridge--actually not that bad or anything, but I already have the bridges I want and can't be bothered to tear them down just for a slight upgrade like that), this ended up happening today.
hni_00332pseb.jpg

...I already liked you Jeremiah, but now I love ya (and you're definitely getting a good birthday gift on the 8th). <3 Been waiting for this (I totally felt like Felicity in the background there when I saw that text pop-up)~ :D

And also, my Club LOL just opened today and it just so happened that the first emotion-thing Dr. Shrunk taught me was perfect for expressing my appreciation to Jeremiah:
hni_0038wbsur.jpg

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
everyone else counts down the seconds til 8pm so they can hook their 3DS up to their stereo and crank it at 11 right??

DJ KK??

or am i the only one :(

edit: i just realised its EVEN BETTER TODAY as my sarias song town tune is featuring heavily...

Linius

Holy shit, I hit an Ore rock today that sprung two gold ores, one silver, one sapphire and one emerald :D

And the rock next to it was my usual ore rock with an Amethyst :p

Robin64

Holy shit, I hit an Ore rock today that sprung two gold ores, one silver, one sapphire and one emerald :D

And the rock next to it was my usual ore rock with an Amethyst :p

Now you witness the true power of the silver shovel!

Very very nice.

IrishNinja

what a pleasant start for the day:

-approached for signatures for club LOL, got one already (lazy bums...but at least it's starting!)
-kicks is ready to open!
-found the gold-rock & breakable in the first few minutes
-2nd floor expansion lookin' good
-won triforce & mater sword at nook's...now i just need that baby metroid!

if the @#$%ing art dealer would show up it'd be a prefect day...alas

also linius what is that glass case you're storing your metroid & triforce in?

edit holy balls i need to upgrade my chump-shovel

Forkball

Anyone have any Chinese-themed items? I am turning my basement into a Chinese room. NOT Japanese items, that's another room.

Also I don't remember my last non-dupe fortune cookie I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER

Linius

what a pleasant start for the day:

-approached for signatures for club LOL, got one already (lazy bums...but at least it's starting!)
-kicks is ready to open!
-found the gold-rock & breakable in the first few minutes
-2nd floor expansion lookin' good
-won triforce & mater sword at nook's...now i just need that baby metroid!

if the @#$%ing art dealer would show up it'd be a prefect day...alas

also linius what is that glass case you're storing your metroid & triforce in?

edit holy balls i need to upgrade my chump-shovel

I think you mean the Glass Display Cases?

Now you witness the true power of the silver shovel!

Very very nice.

Yeah, this is amazing stuff :D

And my luck continued, I only needed one more fossil and it was amongst the four I dug up today. Blathers is pleased.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Do people collect ores or just sell em? I've seen a few picks of furniture with the diamond pattern and I'm not really a fan.

Maybe I'll have to make a room dedicate to furniture refurbished with ores to make the look work.

Robin64

So what's everyone's badge status at this point?

I still only have the bronze bug catching one, but I caught more fish than my friend who has the bronze fishing one, so I don't really understand why I haven't been given that yet. But oh well.

there we go...is that a nook's item at some point? also congrats on completing the fossils!

Museum shop has them, on occasion.

Betty

Banned

I still only have the bronze bug catching one, but I caught more fish than my friend who has the bronze fishing one, so I don't really understand why I haven't been given that yet. But oh well.

Museum shop has them, on occasion.

Bronze fish, angler, bug, catcher, diver, seafood, medalist, gardener, bell saver and village representative.

Silver stalk market badge :D

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

I only got the bug badge for whoring myself on the Island continually.

Linius

itCyObaEinfAB.JPG
ircyq3VuvqWxd.JPG

One of my Nintendo items was new as well, Pikmin furniture Nintendo piece.

Time to do some other stuff and return later to empty the shops.

hiro4

None yet.
Haven't even met Phineas.

I hope I can meet him soon, since I guess I should have a number of medals already.

Linius

I assumed Phineas would appear in town as soon as you qualify for a badge, but I guess this isn't the case, is it?

It is not. He gave me four badges during his first visit. I think after that he turns up as soon as you deserve a badge. Last two visits he got respectively one and two medals. But the time he had two they were both for the stalk market.

Insect Maniac, Fish Maniac, Seafood Maniac, Avid Bell Saver and Village Representative. Everything in bronze though.

Linius

I've finally collected quite a few ores of every color. But I can't decide what furniture set I wanna customise in what color. Thinking about using Sapphires on my modern set maybe.

Velcro Fly

Damn forgot to expand my museum yesterday. Guess I'll have to do it today.

I have a few axes ready to deforest the northern half of my town to plant fruit trees.

Also think I'm going to change my town tune and flag. Maybe that will excite my villagers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom