• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfe

Anyone have Heros pants or the Samus helmet they're looking to get rid of? I have a few spare nintendo items or fossils I can trade for them if anyone is interested.

N items:
Blue Falcon
Kart
Goal Pole
Yoshi's Egg

Fossils:
Mammoth skull
Diplo chest
Stego tail
Iguanodon skull
Styraco tail
Coprolite
Apato skull
Stego skull

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I suppose there is some good new for those who hate the rain:

tumblr_mp8wfqoONA1svkqkfo1_400.jpg

Though as I said, it is currently raining in my game.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm stealing flowers from the butterfly hunt island tour. Does that make me a bad person? Beginner tour gives you lots of time to collect flowers and fruit.

Wrong. Tiger beetles only sell for 1500 Bells.

was gonna try to run a quick price check, but seems it's too late for tiger beetles tonight. My guess though is that you're probably right and the guide is wrong. (which it seems to be on a few things in the catalog). :-/

pariah164

was gonna try to run a quick price check, but seems it's too late for tiger beetles tonight. My guess though is that you're probably right and the guide is wrong. (which it seems to be on a few things in the catalog). :-/

Yeah, the guide messes up a few things, which is sad; I like the size of it.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I caught a tarantula yesterday...

i dont know where it came from.

I just walked around then saw this little black screen accross the river standing there, so then i went over the bridge.. walked up to it... and hit it with my net.....

i thought they were meant to attack me :(

SmithnCo

I caught a tarantula yesterday...

i dont know where it came from.

I just walked around then saw this little black screen accross the river standing there, so then i went over the bridge.. walked up to it... and hit it with my net.....

i thought they were meant to attack me :(

You haven't known fear until a turantula dodges your net like a ninja.

FillerB

Someone on the localization team really loves using the word "hot" three times in a row.

ibcGjXKGmshkH4.jpg

Tradelist

Looking For:
Ammonite
Archaeopteryx
Dinosaur Egg
Apatosaurus Skull
Dimetrodon Skull
Diplodocus Skull
Diplodocus Chest
Ichthyosaurus Torso
Iguanodon Torso
Iguanodon Tail
Megacerops Skull
Megacerops Torso
Pachysaurid Skull
Pachysaurid Torso
Parasaur Skull
Plesio Skull
Plesio Neck
Plesio Torso
Pteranodon Left Wing
Pteranodon Skull
Sabertooth Skull
Sabertooth Torso
Spinosaurus Torso
Stegosaur Tail
StyracosaurusSkull
Styracosaurus Tail
Triceratops Skull
Triceratops Torso
Tyrannosaur Torso
Raptor Torso

Up for trade:
Stego skull
Trilobite
Apato Torso
Fern Fossil
Triceratops Tail
Dinosaur track
Parasaur tail

Peachs Parasol

Wolfe

ibcGjXKGmshkH4.jpg

Tradelist

Looking For:
Ammonite
Archaeopteryx
Dinosaur Egg
Apatosaurus Skull
Dimetrodon Skull
Diplodocus Skull
Diplodocus Chest
Ichthyosaurus Torso
Iguanodon Torso
Iguanodon Tail
Megacerops Skull
Megacerops Torso
Pachysaurid Skull
Pachysaurid Torso
Parasaur Skull
Plesio Skull
Plesio Neck
Plesio Torso
Pteranodon Left Wing
Pteranodon Skull
Sabertooth Skull
Sabertooth Torso
Spinosaurus Torso
Stegosaur Tail
StyracosaurusSkull
Styracosaurus Tail
Triceratops Skull
Triceratops Torso
Tyrannosaur Torso
Raptor Torso

Up for trade:
Stego skull
Trilobite
Apato Torso
Fern Fossil
Triceratops Tail
Dinosaur track
Parasaur tail

Peachs Parasol

How about the Fern fossil for a Stego tail?

http://i1.minus.com/ibcGjXKGmshkH4.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="BGBW, post: 67418846"][URL="http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/nintendo-5th-element-cafe-console-1307371793t.gif"]They heard about Nintendo's brand new system with so much power.[/URL][/QUOTE]

That was exactly the thing I was thinking of lol.

hiro4

Okay how are people handling their stuff?!
My storage case is completely full and I'm struggling to keep up with the amount of stuff I'm buying and finding everywhere.

Any tips or tricks?

Levi

Banned

The guide shows the total value of all items, what you get at recycle is a percentage of that value.

So shoo those tiger beetles, and fill your pockets with stags.

BowieZ

Banned
Okay how are people handling their stuff?!
My storage case is completely full and I'm struggling to keep up with the amount of stuff I'm buying and finding everywhere.

Any tips or tricks?
That's half the game to be honest. Inventory management.

Tips: expand your house ASAP by affording home loans by catching and selling as many bugs etc as possible (you need to fulfill the island access requirements first, essentially) so you can fill up your house (both locker and floor space)

Don't be afraid to sell valuable stuff early on. You'll come across it again later.

hiro4

That's half the game to be honest. Inventory management.

Tips: expand your house ASAP by affording home loans by catching and selling as many bugs etc as possible (you need to fulfill the island access requirements first, essentially) so you can fill up your house (both locker and floor space)

Don't be afraid to sell valuable stuff early on. You'll come across it again later.

Guess I'm hoarding too much stuff then! I just want to collect EVERYTHING.
I have more than 3 pages of Gyroids collected already, and I'm still 2 days of before I can open the 2nd floor of the museum.

I'll probably sell off some furniture and clothes then. Which kind of sucks.

Pikma

Banned
Alas. At least we have the memories (aka screenshots).

tumblr_mp8tv1fbkt1sv54gpo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp8twgAkY11sv54gpo1_400.jpg

No prob. As you could see, I was kind of swimming in it. :lol

Actually, I realized I forgot to give you a coconut and a banana. oops!
Ha! well uhmmm...
I stole a coconut from ur beach -_-

BowieZ

Banned
Some ideas for Animal Crossing: Utopia (hopefully no later than 2 years away)

- Big spherical 3D planet. A model version shows up on the GamePad that you can spin around acting as the map. Can build underground and can shape terrain above ground... at a cost. Earn a boat license to travel to various islands quicker than by swimming.

- Bigger and better: the goal of the game is to get as many villagers as possible living in your kingdom... up to 100 max (names and anthropomorphic characteristics are generated randomly like Miis). Encourage them to stay by fast-tracking public works projects including jetties, greenhouses, cobblestone pavements and lanes, sprinklers, and various daytime and nightlife entertainment (cinema, 24-hour convenience store, and restaurants - for which you can influence the menu!)

- Many new environment and wildlife types, separated by regional climates (forest, jungle, barren bushland, desert, and the more hospitable grasslands)

- Dedicated pocket space for tools, larger pockets unlockable

- Can still grind for valuable bugs but only after a certain playtime criteria; certain other trading restrictions apply for the first few weeks.

ramyeon

Some ideas for Animal Crossing: Utopia (hopefully no later than 2 years away)

- Big spherical 3D planet. A model version shows up on the GamePad that you can spin around acting as the map. Can build underground and can shape terrain above ground... at a cost. Earn a boat license to travel to various islands quicker than by swimming.

- Bigger and better: the goal of the game is to get as many villagers as possible living in your kingdom... up to 100 max (names and anthropomorphic characteristics are generated randomly like Miis). Encourage them to stay by fast-tracking public works projects including jetties, greenhouses, cobblestone pavements and lanes, sprinklers, and various daytime and nightlife entertainment (cinema, 24-hour convenience store, and restaurants - for which you can influence the menu!)

- Many new environment and wildlife types, separated by regional climates (forest, jungle, barren bushland, desert, and the more hospitable grasslands)

- Dedicated pocket space for tools, larger pockets unlockable

- Can still grind for valuable bugs but only after a certain playtime criteria; certain other trading restrictions apply for the first few weeks.
Sounds too complicated and stressful for a series that basically prides itself on being an escape from the complexities and responsibilities of day to day life.

GAMERG0D

I didn't think the fish and bugs would update until 6 AM for the new day. It was a bit surprising when I heard a cicada that made me nauseous. (not really lol)

I'm looking at completing either of these sets;

Modern Wood (I have the TV, the table)
Robo (I have the clock, dresser, stereo)
Astro (I have the TV, Chair & Dresser)

Anyone have any of this in their register? Or want to swap? I have an alpine table, minimalist dresser, ranch bookcase & dresser plus more, or bells, or fruit... Whatever works.

Chopper

Yesterday I had a camper who said he was gonna move in. Today, nothing. Does it take a couple of days? I was expecting a big chunk of flowers to have been mutilated by a new house this morning.

ramyeon

Yesterday I had a camper who said he was gonna move in. Today, nothing. Does it take a couple of days? I was expecting a big chunk of flowers to have been mutilated by a new house this morning.
Yeah I think there was a day in between convincing mine and her lot going up.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I'm looking at completing either of these sets;

Modern Wood (I have the TV, the table)
Robo (I have the clock, dresser, stereo)
Astro (I have the TV, Chair & Dresser)

Anyone have any of this in their register? Or want to swap? I have an alpine table, minimalist dresser, ranch bookcase & dresser plus more, or bells, or fruit... Whatever works.
got the following in my catalogue if you want them!

astro:clock closet, wallpaper

robo: clock dresser tv
modern wood: bed and sofa

modern wood sofa, modern bed (custom design i;m afraid.. links tunic as quilt :)) robo tv astro wallpaper

pm me if you want any!

i ask for nothing in return except a surprise lovely present :)
ill go check which ones i have on me now (i hoarde lol)

Kangi

They are 8k i've sold them for this many times.

Er, you are mistaken. Trust me, I took precautions before I started shooing those hopping things away. They're extremely common early in the evening as well, so it'd make little sense for them to be as expensive as the rare beetles either way.

For me, the expensive beetles spawn mostly on the trees in the middle. So maybe you should observe your island for a little bit before you cut down everything.
Okay, the middle trees can spawn Giant Stags (10k), Rainbow Stags (10k), and Scarab Beetles (6k). The palm trees spawn Goliath Beetles (6k), Horned Elephants (8k), Horned Atlases (8k), Cyclommatus Stags (8k), Horned Hercules (12k) and Golden Stags (12k).

From sheer numbers palm trees have a clear advantage and you'd want to encourage bugs to spawn on the palm trees instead, so you cut down the middle trees. This is not even considering that the middle trees VERY FREQUENTLY spawn Fruit Beetles which sell for a measly 100 bells, and other bugs that only sell for 1k. Why would you waste potential spawns that way, honestly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom