• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys getting that insane amount of money from the island, are you doing beetle hunting? Is that how you're getting that many Bells? Or are you more patient with your fishing? I fish and stuff, but at the most my entire trip only nets me about 100,000 bells. You guys are getting that much in one go to Re-Tail.

Does anybody have an axe to spare please ? I need to chop down some trees. I know this must be a frequent question since we have to wait until the gardening shop open to buy it but I'll try my luck anyway :D

I was finally able to buy one this morning and already broke it. I still had more chopping to do. :'(

subtles

The one public project a day rule slows down the momentum imo. I get excited to develop a certain patch of land only to see it'll take me a week to finish it. The end results are always lovely though.

Busaiku

You guys getting that insane amount of money from the island, are you doing beetle hunting? Is that how you're getting that many Bells? Or are you more patient with your fishing? I fish and stuff, but at the most my entire trip only nets me about 100,000 bells. You guys are getting that much in one go to Re-Tail.

Yeah, I need to know these secrets too.

Tenck

Catch beetles on the island after 7pm.

Edit: Video for making 400k on the island.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfn8mH_U9IQ

Sendou

Yeah, I need to know these secrets too.

a) Chop down every tree that isn't a palm.

b) Chop down the three or so southern palms

c) Capture beetles on palms

( d) ) Fish for sharks whenever you see one

Sleepy

Does anybody have an axe to spare please ? I need to chop down some trees. I know this must be a frequent question since we have to wait until the gardening shop open to buy it but I'll try my luck anyway :D

I have an axe you can have. I'll be on in 30 minutes or so. Dormir/Sleepy.

My best friend looked up a beetle guide and we took to her island (well past 9pm) and she just started beetle hunting (mostly rainbow stags). I hunt beetles and just patiently wait for sharks to show up.

SmithnCo

Out-of-context quote time.

tumblr_mok1w5QEGF1svlzd3o1_400.jpg

drizzle

Axel Hertz
a) Chop down every three that isn't a palm.

Do the trees grow back on the next trip to the island, or you guys just plant a shitload of trees where the ones you removed were there and just get back in three days, when the trees are up again?

All these steps and make sure you're sneaking up on the beetles by holding A.
They fly away really easily and the hercules and golden stag beetles will fly away even while sneaking so you have to move even slower so as not to spook them off.

Tenck

This way you don't run into the chance of accidentally scaring beetles on the two palm trees on the bottom. Also makes it so all you have to do is walk left and right to be able to see the trees, and minimize time spent walking around the island.

I can't wait until I start my part time job so I can actually be playing around my life and not just playing for 10 hours a day. It sort of dips when you don't have that much to do. That said, I did spend about half an hour making a questionable Captain America outfit.

Catch beetles on the island after 7pm.

Edit: Video for making 400k on the island.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfn8mH_U9IQ

So it is beetle hunting. All this time I thought Nat was eating the bugs you gave him. Turns out he's selling all the beetles. What a nice racket he's got going on.

Sendou

Because beetles that would spawn there slow you down. Why? With southern palms you have to take it slowly to avoid the potential beetles that spawn there from flying away (wasting a spawned beetle). That's because of the way the camera rolls.

dudes don't rush it. Turnip prices can go up to 900 a piece and there's a lot of us here. You have until the end of the week and you bought it YESTERDAY

you guys would suck at the stock market jesus

First AC game, didn't realize it went so high or that they changed through the week! Thanks for the info!

Trade or donations?

I need Peaches and Apples

FC 1762-2782-4291

also if your shop has some cute wall hanging thing in blue for Francine <3

if anyone else adds me PM FC thnx

Luckily the painting I got from Redd today only had an original. The last one I got from him was a fake though :(.

There's a guide to find fakes, but it is actually pretty obvious if you inspect the pieces (with the camera, no inspection feature) before buying. The fakes have crazy things wrong with them.

For example, in my town today, a sculpture of a man with a discus was actually holding a UFO and a painting had a man with a carrot for a nose.

subtles

He calls me cousin when ripping me off to. He must be in cahoots with the Nooks.

There's a guide to find fakes, but it is actually pretty obvious if you inspect the pieces (with the camera, no inspection feature) before buying. The fakes have crazy things wrong with them.

For example, in my town today, a sculpture of a man with a discus was actually holding a UFO and a painting had a man with a carrot for a nose.

I went through different angles this time and noticed the other three had faults with them. I bookmarked the guide so I'll take a look at that later.

zroid

Banned
I don't think I've been this addicted to any individual game since Maple Story circa 2005.

And, unlike with MS, I actually don't feel regret and self-loathing for playing Animal Crossing. It just makes me happy~!

Trade or donations?

I need Peaches and Apples

FC 1762-2782-4291

also if your shop has some cute wall hanging thing in blue for Francine <3

if anyone else adds me PM FC thnx

Native apples hurr. I'll bring some over if that's cool. Would like to sell some perfects in your shop. Will give you one, but unfortunately you can't grow them in your town.

0344 9278 1357

DedValve

Banned
garahafasdfasf!!!!

Spent the last hour trying to make good looking tiles/roads for my town to make it prettier and cover up the grass deterioration with paths but they all look so terrible! I really suck at making any sort of decent design.

Salsa

made this FAQ sorta thingie so we can post it whenever new peeps with questions show up

iPJjcQOYdUF1t.png

ideally we'd keep addin to it I guess

Linius

Not all of them are that obvious if you don't know the works in question. For instance the sculpture with the wolf. The fake has one baby, the real has two. And that woman looking back painting is also quite hard if you've never seen it before. The fake faces left and the real one faces right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom