• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicorn

OMG WHERE DO YOU GET PAPER HAT

I've been cut off from the community and probably will continue to do so once school starts but I am still playing this every day.

Put paths through the rest of my town, but I'm so behind in DLC things and what y'all are up to.

I miss the few of you I got to play with

EDIT:

About grass deterioration. Watering a flower counts as removing one day of stepping, but it gets cancelled if you step on that same flower to water the next. So, basically you have to have at least the silver can to water the first flower (near your path or w/e) and the one behind it. That way they both will slowly grow the grass back (DO NOT STEP). It's a painfully slow process, but since I finished putting paths in my town I've noticed how it works a little better. Niraj, you're basically fucked, lol.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
OMG WHERE DO YOU GET PAPER HAT

I've been cut off from the community and probably will continue to do so once school starts but I am still playing this every day.

Put paths through the rest of my town, but I'm so behind in DLC things and what y'all are up to.

I miss the few of you I got to play with

I got it from a Japanese friend.

Unicorn

I got it from a Japanese friend.

order-able? I'd love to catalog.

Also, I think it's safe to say who the core Crossing-GAF members are. I'd love to add a few more friends since I may not be able to check this thread often. My typical playing time is ~5 PM PST to whenever. Obviously that will fluctuate with my hectic school and work schedule.

Niraj

order-able? I'd love to catalog.

Also, I think it's safe to say who the core Crossing-GAF members are. I'd love to add a few more friends since I may not be able to check this thread often. My typical playing time is ~5 PM PST to whenever. Obviously that will fluctuate with my hectic school and work schedule.

That'd be nice, so of course it isn't :p

Don't mind adding you. Might have to clear some space though :p

ramyeon

First rainbow!

BSUw6KwCAAEesN8.jpg

Gold roses! I have about 15 or so more lying around that I have no idea what to do with :/ And about 30+ more black roses... I think I got a bit carried away (You can also see Mira's terrible choice of house location here).

BSUxIBCCYAEuxNK.jpg

ramyeon

Really nice looking home!
Bamboo is bought from the Emporium only? Assume so since I haven't seen them in the lower versions of the store.
Need to get rid of that Gold (Red) exterior though, the windows look so off haha.

I think so, although some villagers give it as rewards as well and once you have one it multiplies like crazy.

slit

Can someone explain why silver slingshots keep raining down on me? They're not worth anything. How many do I need?

I mean I know I don't have to shoot them down but they're floating around all the time. :lol

Elija2

Can someone explain why silver slingshots keep raining down on me? They're not worth anything. How many do I need?

I mean I know I don't have to shoot them down but they're floating around all the time. :lol

Do you already have a silver/gold slingshot? If so, they're useless. Actually, they're useless either way.

Frogstep

Need to get rid of that Gold (Red) exterior though, the windows look so off haha.

I think so, although some villagers give it as rewards as well and once you have one it multiplies like crazy.

I got some bamboo from a villager randomly as a reward.

Ahh fiddlesticks.

Ah I see. Always wondered how some people here have gotten theirs. Looks really nice, can't wait till I get some. :)

Levi

Banned
Went to the dark side and time traveled in my main village to dump a villager, and now I have Francine. :)

I feel terrible I tted, but on the other hand I am actually excited to play tomorrow and I had totally lost that feeling.

Plus, when Deena moved she sent me her picture so now I have three. :)

Rocwell

I timetraveled back in time 5 minutes to sell my beetles at retail because they closed right as I was running up from the boat. Didn't feel guilty for even a second.

Niraj

Went to the dark side and time traveled in my main village to dump a villager, and now I have Francine. :)

I feel terrible I tted, but on the other hand I am actually excited to play tomorrow and I had totally lost that feeling.

Plus, when Deena moved she sent me her picture so now I have three. :)

I can understand the frustration, especially since you got stuck with somebody's refuse. I don't blame you dude.

ramyeon

It's all good. Got to hang out and see how progressed your town was, really nice!
Thanks again. :)
No worries! :) Always good to have visitors, my count of 36 looks so bad compared to Niraj's 444 haha.

Man I always wondered why people loved Rosie so much but now that she's in my town I understand, she's so good.

Levi

Banned
I can understand the frustration, especially since you got stuck with somebody's refuse. I don't blame you dude.

Yeah, it really sucks that letting someone recruit a villager in boxes is enough to get an unwanted villager to move in.

So I posed with my outfit for Gracie's fashion check today, and of course someone noticed that she's checking out more than just my clothes.
BSSWd0CCAAM9iW4.jpg

And alright, Agnes is leaving on the 27th. Gonna try not to screw it up this time.

iMarkyP

Neo Member
Hey,

I have a spare golden watering can if anyone wants it ?

I'm after a gold or silver axe if possible also if anyone has...

Well, I have a silver spare one, but only one golden axe, so... :( But I'm at work now, so I won't be home till couple of hours (8-9?)

Hybrid news, got two orange lilies, and a black rose for now...

Got a little spike in my turnips sale price today (strange because I already had one in the beginning in the week, wizard said smals spike, so...), will see what happens in about an hour when new price arrives.

No special visitors, whatsoever. :(

But no move-in at last. :)

Hmmm, just learned that rare mushrooms only spawn in perfect towns. Now I have to keep it perfect until I get at least one. :/

What? Damn, I'm not gonna hit that perfect town status soon. :(

iMarkyP

Neo Member
Well, I have a silver spare one, but only one golden axe, so... :( But I'm at work now, so I won't be home till couple of hours (8-9?)

Hybrid news, got two orange lilies, and a black rose for now...

Got a little spike in my turnips sale price today (strange because I already had one in the beginning in the week, wizard said smals spike, so...), will see what happens in about an hour when new price arrives.

No special visitors, whatsoever. :(

But no move-in at last. :)

What? Damn, I'm not gonna hit that perfect town status soon. :(

Could we do a trade for the silver axe ?

Could we do a trade for the silver axe ?

Fine by me, but you know that the silver axe can also break? And I'm only at home in about 8 hours. Could maybe be sooner, but not sure. So if you can wait that long?

I'l have a lot of regular axes too, so if you want, you can get them too.

Edit: I sended you a PM, maybe, just maybe, I can try something...

Edit 2:Yup, it worked. :D

Thank you for the golden can. :)

If you time travel a month forward and back, would that be a guarantee that you'd lose one of your villagers because they'd have moved away without notice? So if you want to quickly fix grass you'd have to potentially sacrifice an awesome villager? D:

NO! Theres a GUARANTEED way to TT as much as you want and NEVER lose a villager. Ok this is so simple and awesome.

Whatever day you're on, quit and save. Then set your 3DS SYSTEM CLOCK (not the in-game clock, this is very important -- once you set the in-game clock it saves) to a month ahead. Then you boot up Animal Crossing, hit New Save File, and start an Alt Char. If one of your villagers is gone, that means they had a moving flag. So you just return your SYSTEM CLOCK to the current day, find the mover, and tell them not to move. Then you can TT as much as you want forward or backwards (backwards always counts as one day). I never TTed more than about a week (to the day after someone was moving out) and back, but I did it about 10 times or so cycling villgers (new day, save, jump a month, check, no one is moving, move one more day forward, repeat).

The two days forward, two days back thing is pretty safe, but if you're not careful, you can lose a villager. It's also so annoying going around the town looking for a mover, quitting and reloading to get everyone outside, when all you have to do is mess with the system clock. With the method described above, you can NEVER lose a villager, b/c if you ever think someone might be in boxes the next day, you just quit, set the system clock a month ahead, start an alt char, and see if someone is gone.

The main danger is being sloppy and forgetting about the system clock or not using the New Save File. But come on, it's not like the game boots up instantly if you click continue. It doesn't save until you actually tell her you want to continue and not change the date/demolish a home.

Hope that helps. Literally, my grass is PERFECT (until I let in more friends who fast walk everywhere!).

I had 3 and ate 1. what are they even for?
Just to eat or sell, I believe. (They are worth the most.) You can use them for cooking in the Harvest Festival too.

I just want one or two to hoard since after I am done with all the perfect town stuff, I am gonna raze my trees like crazy and it's doubtful I'll ever have a "perfect" town again.

Don't feel terrible. As I told WheelHoss in a PM, no one should be shamed or ostracized for something as harmless as that. You got rid of a villager who was dumped on you by a dumb game mechanic and now have one you like instead. You weren't traveling months into the future to rack up bells and seasonal sets to sell off. I don't regret bumping a villager when she was moving so I could have Lolly even if it did throw off my shops by a few days.

Congrats on finding Francine. Polka-dotted bunnies are the best kind of bunnies.

NO! Theres a GUARANTEED way to TT as much as you want and NEVER lose a villager. Ok this is so simple and awesome.

This one is new to me. Interesting how you can use the system clock instead of Isabelle to actually see into the future. Where did you find this?

I use a modified version of the 2-2 method. I kind of hesitate to advertise it because it's a lazier method that doesn't require talking to villagers or constantly reloading the same day but it hasn't failed yet so if someone wants to talk about it, they can PM me.

You're a much sweeter girl in PMs.

Not really though. :/

Don't feel terrible. As I told WheelHoss in a PM, no one should be shamed or ostracized for something as harmless as that. You got rid of a villager who was dumped on you by a dumb game mechanic and now have one you like instead. You weren't traveling months into the future to rack up bells and seasonal sets to sell off. I don't regret bumping a villager when she was moving so I could have Lolly even if it did throw off my shops by a few days.

Congrats on finding Francine. Polka-dotted bunnies are the best kind of bunnies.

This one is new to me. Interesting how you can use the system clock instead of Isabelle to actually see into the future. Where did you find this?

I use a modified version of the 2-2 method. I kind of hesitate to advertise it because it's a lazier method that doesn't require talking to villagers or constantly reloading the same day but it hasn't failed yet so if someone wants to talk about it, they can PM me.

Not really though. :/

GameFaqs

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/67044105

Philia

Time travel restores grass wear.

Man, just not playing the damn game for the same amount of time to restore it properly is pretty messed.

I shouldn't idle so much in my game then. Granted I traveled a lot to other people's towns but yeah. Amazingly 900 hours of gametime in this didn't really erode my grass that MUCH. But I'm awful curious to how it'd look if I TTed to restore it. But if I were to ever take TTing seriously (and I still haven't really), it'd be this. I'm all for aesthetically pleasing to the eye look of the town.

Also, HI GUYS. :) I've been somewhat weaning off of the game. Waiting on my villagers to wake up, waiting on Gracie and her damn emporium, waiting on my shops to open, waiting on my husband to open his damn gates for me to sell my stuff, waiting for that perfect fruit premium... all that damn waiting... is just getting to me so I'm trying not to think about it.

MicH

If you time travel a month forward and back, would that be a guarantee that you'd lose one of your villagers because they'd have moved away without notice? So if you want to quickly fix grass you'd have to potentially sacrifice an awesome villager? D:
Late response, but I wanted to address this.

The best time to do this is right after a villager wants to move. It will take 4 days (or maybe longer) to get another move-request. Time travel forward a month, load up save file. Grass is restored, no one has moved because it hadn't been 4 real days since the last move-put request. TT back (counts as one day) and you're good. Look for the animal that wants to move out if there is one. Great looking grass without any villager moving out without you knowing.

If you want to be 100% sure no one has left, make an alt every time you TT. Check town. Load up main char if everything looks good.

Animekatt

Man, just not playing the damn game for the same amount of time to restore it properly is pretty messed.

I shouldn't idle so much in my game then. Granted I traveled a lot but yeah. Amazingly 900 hours of gametime in this didn't really erode my grass that MUCH. But I'm awful curious to how it'd look if I TTed to restore it. But if I were to ever take TTing seriously (and I still haven't really), it'd be this. I'm all for aesthetically pleasing to the eye look of the town.

Also, HI GUYS. :) I've been somewhat weaning off of the game. Waiting on my villagers to wake up, waiting on Gracie and her damn emporium, waiting on my shops to open, waiting on my husband to open his damn gates for me to sell my stuff, waiting for that perfect fruit premium... all that damn waiting... is just getting to me so I'm trying not to think about it.

Hehe, that's quite understandable after 900 (o_O) hours. I'm just now trying to rearrange my town, but will be doing that bit by bit as I play FFXIV.

I shouldn't idle so much in my game then. Granted I traveled a lot to other people's towns but yeah. Amazingly 900 hours of gametime in this didn't really erode my grass that MUCH. But I'm awful curious to how it'd look if I TTed to restore it. But if I were to ever take TTing seriously (and I still haven't really), it'd be this. I'm all for aesthetically pleasing to the eye look of the town.

Philia if you want to come see the effects sometime it's pretty unreal. No paths just perfect grass almost everywhere.

But you can't fast walk after you fix the grass or it's all for not! I've learned to keep from pushing the d-pad all the way, and my grass still looks perfect after a few days and no TTing.

I can bring your sloppy bed over today. That's something at least.

Can I just ask something?

If you want to shuffle a new villager's house, you save before 6 AM, then wait until it's past 6 AM and check your town with a newly created character.

What do you do if the new house is in a place you don't want? Reload the game and create another new character to check the town again?

I have Olivia moving in tomorrow and I just finished paving my town. I don't mind if her house blows up my paths, but I don't want it somewhere stupid like right below my house.

Marvie_3

Banned
Can I just ask something?

If you want to shuffle a new villager's house, you save before 6 AM, then wait until it's past 6 AM and check your town with a newly created character.

What do you do if the new house is in a place you don't want? Reload the game and create another new character to check the town again?

I have Olivia moving in tomorrow and I just finished paving my town. I don't mind if her house blows up my paths, but I don't want it somewhere stupid like right below my house.

Yeah, just exit the game without saving and start over.

zigg

I'm basically down to watering my targeted beds and sauntering through town in the morning. Far more maintainable :)

Actually I'm not really sure what the hell I'm going to do with my pending perfect peach forest. Probably ignore it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom