• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird. I remember you talking to her before. Guess you aren't very memorable.

You cut me to my core.

tumblr_mryc4nA6jL1qa25kqo10_400.jpg

Ok, I have just a little short of space in the locker. :( But I have it on me, so I'm not gonna lose it today if there would be a move in... Just to be sure.

Also got a golden rose from someone. :)

And I'm off to bed. Way too late here, will have to cut back time for playing tomorrow.

suzu

Question! If a villager said they're moving out XX day, does that mean they will pack their boxes the day before or..??

---

If I can't get a better peppy villager by then, I might take her. I'm kinda desperate for a peppy villager. She doesn't look peppy though.

ohhh I'd like Pango (assuming I have room) though I also have to pick up Gayle

Well, let me know in this thread or in PM if either of you want her. lol

She's definitely peppy, although she does have a snooty-look about her.

Question! If a villager said they're moving out XX day, does that mean they will pack their boxes the day before or..??

The date they give you is their boxed-up date. They'll poof the day after that. So, your Pango will be packed in her house on the 26th and gone on the 27th.

ramyeon

Couldn't find my 4th fossil today, but it doesn't matter cause...

BSUEPqMCEAINDQ9.jpg

...finally! Took me longer than most since I didn't trade or get fossils from anyone, just from digging the ones in town every day. Glad to finally complete it though :)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
tumblr_mryk3saj681sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mryk3saj681sw5rnlo2_400.jpg

tumblr_mryk3saj681sw5rnlo3_400.jpg

tumblr_mryk3saj681sw5rnlo4_400.jpg

They whisper amongst themselves about how I'm a bit of a stump maker, laugh about it over coffee at The Roost, spraypaint it on the buildings of Main St...but in reality, they NEED ME to be the stump maker, so they can reap their filthy little reward of a nice place to sit.

tumblr_mryk4xVAtQ1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mryk4xVAtQ1sw5rnlo2_400.jpg

tumblr_mryk4xVAtQ1sw5rnlo3_400.jpg

tumblr_mryk4xVAtQ1sw5rnlo4_400.jpg

Kind of an easy decision :/

tumblr_mryk6zCnKt1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

I feel like I’m the bad guy in a Mario RPG and they’re about to shoot off in different directions.

tumblr_mryk7jmKBG1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

The blue moon the other day

tumblr_mryk81N5Eq1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Failing to catch the stars :(

tumblr_mryk8vvFuf1sw5rnlo2_400.jpg

Katt was my 400th visitor! And 399th actually lol. Yes, I had her leave and come back :p

tumblr_mrykaiSGZb1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

I need an adult.

tumblr_mrykavRpDZ1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Whoooooooooooosh

tumblr_mrykcx2MhS1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mrykcx2MhS1sw5rnlo2_400.jpg

tumblr_mrykcx2MhS1sw5rnlo3_400.jpg

tumblr_mrykcx2MhS1sw5rnlo4_400.jpg

tumblr_mrykcx2MhS1sw5rnlo5_400.jpg

The pictures I took from bluepolicebox's (mostly) pleasant visit. As you can see, she has a bit of an unhealthy Muffy infatuation, although that seems redundant.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Hey Niraj, Kitty mentioned seeing you... But...
u6kBWDL.jpg

Did you walk around town with an "I Heart Townburg" shirt and clicking your camera at everything? Cause if so, I'm with Kitty on this one.

Niraj

Ignoring the grassholes...

That's weird. I've never been called a happy tourist before :/ must've been in between pro traveler and stump maker?

The pictures I took from bluepolicebox's (mostly) pleasant visit. As you can see, she has a bit of an unhealthy Muffy infatuation, although that seems redundant.

These make you look kind of sleazy tbh.

But, yeah, your grass makes me sad. :/ I wanted to fix up your trees and flowers. Stop running when Muffy chases you--just man up and let her catch you.

Ellix

The grass in my town is pretty similar to Niraj's (aka barren). I have not run on grass at all since Day 1, and have been planting flowers everywhere and watering them daily since Day 1. I stopped watering daily after a month since I could tell, just like in City Folk, the effect of stepping once on a grass tile supersedes the effect of watering flowers on it. It was also rainy season back then, so I could tell that this was the best that it could get, and it was still terrible.

I was vehemently opposed to grass wear after City Folk, and was legitimately annoyed when I found out it was still in the game before New Leaf's launch.

Core concept of AC gameplay: to entice the player to come back and play every day, and throughout the year with new events and seasonal changes, as they gradually develop their town to their liking and personal style.

Grass wear: punish the player for playing every day, and throughout the year, by turning the town they spent time and care on into tracts of wasteland. Cuz it's like walking on grass in real life! Genius!

I think it was even worse in City Folk because grass regrowth wouldn't happen unless you actively played during that day (go figure) so you couldn't just time travel a month forward and back. /rant

Niraj

The grass in my town is pretty similar to Niraj's (aka barren). I have not run on grass at all since Day 1, and have been planting flowers everywhere and watering them daily since Day 1. I stopped watering daily after a month since I could tell, just like in City Folk, the effect of stepping once on a grass tile supersedes the effect of watering flowers on it. It was also rainy season back then, so I could tell that this was the best that it could get, and it was still terrible.

I was vehemently opposed to grass wear after City Folk, and was legitimately annoyed when I found out it was still in the game before New Leaf's launch.

Core concept of AC gameplay: to entice the player to come back and play every day, and throughout the year with new events and seasonal changes, as they gradually develop their town to their liking and personal style.

Grass wear: punish the player for playing every day, and throughout the year, by turning the town they spent time and care on into tracts of wasteland. Cuz it's like walking on grass in real life! Genius!

I think it was even worse in City Folk because grass regrowth wouldn't happen unless you actively played during that day (go figure) so you couldn't just time travel a month forward and back.

I don't run either. It's fucking stupid. Agreed completely.

I think it was even worse in City Folk because grass regrowth wouldn't happen unless you actively played during that day (go figure) so you couldn't just time travel a month forward and back. /rant

Time travel. My grass went from absent to perfect. But yea yea yea you don't want to do that.

I don't run either. It's fucking stupid. Agreed completely.

One of my biggest dirt patches in my town is in my flowerbeds, a place where I obviously don't run. I've pretty much resigned to running on my paths anyway only because it seems like the game is punishing you for foot traffic regardless of whether or not you run.

Elija2

I have natural dirt paths in my town and I try to only travel on those, but it's impossible not to step on the grass once in a while when you're looking for a villager or trying to find the money rock. It sucks because I think the dirt paths look pretty nice, but when there's dirt everywhere it looks horrible. I can't time travel to fix it either because then my natural dirt paths would disappear.

I stopped watering daily after a month since I could tell, just like in City Folk, the effect of stepping once on a grass tile supersedes the effect of watering flowers on it.

Is that true? Fuck it, I'm done watering my flowers. I noticed my grass getting worse despite watering the flowers every day but I thought it was because I was still walking through them too fast and that if I slowly tiptoed through the tulips it wouldn't degrade the grass. Guess I was wrong and I was just wasting 20 minutes of my time each day.

Once again: I'm looking for a Plesio Tail, Ankylo Torso and Pachy Tail. Just name your price, please. (Also Lawn Mower and Sprinkler, but ha ha ha...yeah...)

Also, I have a wave breaker at my island if anyone wants one. It costs 35 medals.

Niraj

One of my biggest dirt patches in my town is in my flowerbeds, a place where I obviously don't run. I've pretty much resigned to running on my paths anyway only because it seems like the game is punishing you for foot traffic regardless of whether or not you run.

I've heard it wears away any time a little cloud of dust pops in the air...which is basically any time you're walking around and it's not an inch at a time. Which is pretty fucking stupid.

ramyeon

Paths have essentially meant that most of my town has remained green. I rarely walk outside of my paths, not because I force myself too either it's just become second nature and they're generally placed in the best routes anyway. I'm sure the grass beneath the paths is all but gone but I can't see it at least, and if I ever remove the patterns I'll have neat dirt roads.

Paths have essentially meant that most of my town has remained green. I rarely walk outside of my paths, not because I force myself too either it's just become second nature and they're generally placed in the best routes anyway. I'm sure the grass beneath the paths is all but gone but I can't see it at least, and if I ever remove the patterns I'll have neat dirt roads.

Pretty much what I was going to say. Paths are tedious to install and re-route if you don't reset new move-ins. (Thanks, Bunnie and Lolly.) But, save for a couple original dirt patches and recent move-outs, it's in pretty good shape. Trees and bushes seems to be more effective healers than flowers.

Frequency of visitors probably has a lot to do with it. If you've got 400 people coming in, you're grass is going to wear faster.

Ellix

Damn. I would TT a month ahead and then
Back to fix that grass :/

Time travel. My grass went from absent to perfect. But yea yea yea you don't want to do that.

If you time travel a month forward and back, would that be a guarantee that you'd lose one of your villagers because they'd have moved away without notice? So if you want to quickly fix grass you'd have to potentially sacrifice an awesome villager? D:

Marvie_3

Banned

That's how my town is. I spent a lot of time planning my paths before I put them in. There was a ton of areas where the grass was in bad shape that have regrown pretty well now. I was thinking of pulling up my tiles but I just got a pattern I really like so I'm going to leave them.

Niraj

Pretty much what I was going to say. Paths are tedious to install and re-route if you don't reset new move-ins. (Thanks, Bunnie and Lolly.) But, save for a couple original dirt patches and recent move-outs, it's in pretty good shape. Trees and bushes seems to be more effective healers than flowers.

Frequency of visitors probably has a lot to do with it. If you've got 400 people coming in, you're grass is going to wear faster.

444, as of you today :p

Niraj

That's a lot of girls for you to dance for and invite to frolic in your wheat field, Hef.

I did notice a particularly worn path between your house and one that's conveniently located right next door...

What can I say? I'm a charmer.

I actually just checked. Muffy's house has more grass around it than anybody else's house, aside from Rhonda (which is primarily because her house is on the complete opposite side of everyone else's). Good try though, glad to see you're still working that angle ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom