• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxx

Anybody want to let me in to their town so I can collect one signature?

Hardly seems worth the effort, but 5/6 is so close.

If you're proud of what you've got, why sweat it? Mine's a piece of shit desert and I don't care. If you like it and you're having fun, that should be good enough for you, despite what anybody else says.

I like it. :)

And don't be scared of Philia's review, Aveyn. She's very sweet and helpful. :) She's come to my town a few times and said nice things despite my junky trees.

What does worth a judgement if it lacks honesty?

I may disagree with Philia on some choices, but I prefer an honest judgement to sweet talk.

That being said, it's a reason for me to delay sharing too much before I'm satisfied myself.

I don't disagree with you; I'm just a bit conflicted is all : P

And don't be scared of Philia's review, Aveyn. She's very sweet and helpful. :) She's come to my town a few times and said nice things despite my junky trees.

Don't worry, I was only half-serious ^^

I've met Philia before, so I know she's not thaaaat scary.

Anybody want to let me in to their town so I can collect one signature?

Hardly seems worth the effort, but 5/6 is so close.

I can let you in if you haven't already found someone.

Meant to reply earlier, but was in a trade.

Damn people, now I'm really, really running out of space...

I just got the four Gracies sets, Birthday set and Snowman set too... And got a spare set of Zodiac...

Hmm, what happens if you send bells to a villager using a letter?

Oxx just gave Diva a tip for signing a petition and I thought it'd be funny to actually give it to her.

Elija2

How many weeds do I need in my town to trigger a weeding event? I haven't picked them in weeks but Leif still says that there aren't that many weeds in town. I think some people that visited my town may have picked them to try and be helpful not knowing that I'm leaving them on purpose.

Also, does anyone want any of these:

large space console
worthy painting
fine painting
scenic painting

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

I think you're just mildly crushing on the mayor. Hard to blame you, he's a bit of a scamp.

I've met Philia before, so I know she's not thaaaat scary.

Let's not get out of hand here
just kidding Philia <3 don't hurt me :(

Damn people, now I'm really, really running out of space...

I just got the four Gracies sets, Birthday set and Snowman set too... And got a spare set of Zodiac...

First town problems I guess dude

Marvie_3

Banned
How many weeds do I need in my town to trigger a weeding event? I haven't picked them in weeks but Leif still says that there aren't that many weeds in town. I think some people that visited my town may have picked them to try and be helpful not knowing that I'm leaving them on purpose.

Also, does anyone want any of these:

large space console
worthy painting
fine painting
scenic painting

I need that one. :D

Chopper

I did just get the safe from the Post Office for saving 20 mill, so that made me feel better.
Nice. I'm not making nearly enough money. Doesn't help that I haven't bothered with turnips for a few weeks. Still, just about to hit 10 mill.

Koomaster

Nice. I'm not making nearly enough money. Doesn't help that I haven't bothered with turnips for a few weeks. Still, just about to hit 10 mill.
Hey, did you need a super star? I remember you saying you needed some Nintendo items and I thought that was one of them? It's yours if you needed it.

Oxx

I probably have enough to keep me going a long time at the moment.

With all the house paid-off long ago I'm not sure if there is even anything to sink money into.

Chopper

Hey, did you need a super star? I remember you saying you needed some Nintendo items and I thought that was one of them? It's yours if you needed it.
Nah, I'm good, thankyou. Finished my Nintendo set now. I'm pleased about never worrying about fortune cookies again!

My HHA score was over 1,800,000 this morning thanks to the completion of my golden exterior. I might see if I can get 2 million before chucking all my Toy Shop stuff though. Seems such a shame. I have no idea what to do with my house when I'm done though.

I probably have enough to keep me going a long time at the moment.

With all the house paid-off long ago I'm not sure if there is even anything to sink money into.
Gotta get dat ATM!

Niraj

Someone here got a cardboard box for a petition so a plant is almost a step up. :p

That was me lol. I customized it and gave it back to her as a gift today when she asked for furniture mwahahahaha
head_isolated.png

Chopper

That was me lol. I customized it and gave it back to her as a gift today when she asked for furniture mwahahahaha
I got a cardboard box out of a tree once and kept it in my storage for a good week, before establishing that it is not in fact part of the cardboard set. :/

How can you customise it?

I think you're just mildly crushing on the mayor. Hard to blame you, he's a bit of a scamp.

I think you're mildly crushing on the mayor. You seem to be his biggest fan.

How many weeds do I need in my town to trigger a weeding event? I haven't picked them in weeks but Leif still says that there aren't that many weeds in town. I think some people that visited my town may have picked them to try and be helpful not knowing that I'm leaving them on purpose.]

Pretty sure you have to have at least 50 for his weeding service. Not really worth it until the actual Weeding Day event in the spring though.

Niraj

I got a cardboard box out of a tree once and kept it in my storage for a good week, before establishing that it is not in fact part of the cardboard set. :/

How can you customise it?

You can turn it into an empty box of apples or oranges. Just has a picture of the fruit along with the words.

I think you're mildly crushing on the mayor. You seem to be his biggest fan.

Well obviously. Even I can't resist the appeal of the blue rose+newspaper hat combo. I'm only human.

Yeah. :( Well, I'm putting it all on my beach, no villagers move in there, so...

Not a bad idea :p

Finally had Gracie visit today for the first time. If she gives you some Gracie furniture, it means you passed, right? Her wording wasn't that clear.

Elija2

I've started giving all my villagers very punny greetings. I have Katt saying "Meow ya doing", Grizzly saying "Bear with me", and Hans saying "Ice to see you". I'm horrible.

Pretty sure you have to have at least 50 for his weeding service. Not really worth it until the actual Weeding Day event in the spring though.

Yeah, might as well keep going though since I already have so many weeds. I don't think I'm even close to 50 though. Should probably put a pattern on the ground in front of my train station with the words "NO WEEDING" or something.

Niraj

I've started giving all my villagers very punny greetings. I have Katt saying "Meow ya doing", Grizzly saying "Bear with me", and Hans saying "Ice to see you". I'm horrible.

I approve. Rhonda says "Rhi there," among other greetings/phrases.

In other news, I've had my town open without realizing it for the past four hours or so :/ Oops.

Herbert Moon

Neo Member
Hey all, I'm looking to catalog or buy the cabin and ranch furniture sets (including wallpaper and carpet).
I can pay in bells, but I've also got a pretty decent amount of Nintendo items to trade if you are looking for anything in particular. Just name your price!

Garland7G

Some pic's from my birthday! Kinda weird that Samson says he's moving out yesterday and today he throws me a party, but whatever, I'ma roll with it...

tumblr_ms06qxfxf31swi0i7o1_400.jpg

tumblr_ms06ov720Q1swi0i7o1_400.jpg

tumblr_ms06mftJEJ1swi0i7o1_400.jpg
tumblr_ms06l1E1j91swi0i7o1_400.jpg

tumblr_ms06iq7jW31swi0i7o1_400.jpg

tumblr_ms06gva6Zb1swi0i7o1_400.jpg

tumblr_ms06fdYu4D1swi0i7o1_400.jpg

Koren

Limberg sold me a good painting! Two pieces of art from villagers this week and both were legit!
I think I got 17 paintings this week from villagers, and more than half were legit. As I said earlier, the week was great except for hybrids.

The method where you keep talking to uchi, cranky and smug villagers is really working, and doesn't even take so much time. I'm a bit lucky because in late evening/early night, Flo (uchi), Chadder (smug) and Wolfgang (cranky) are all wandering my town, and all of them are giving paintings away on a quite regular basis, even if I've not really improved my Feng shui. Phil (smug) is also available, but I've a very low success with him.

Only 4 paintings missing, but it'll be more difficult to get all statues :/

Besides, Redd visited me on tuesday, and strangely, he had not 1 or 2 but 3 legit artworks... I think having more than 1 character increase the number of legit artworks at Redd, and since I have lovely phones, my characters are wearing their lucky clothes quite often)

Yeah. :( Well, I'm putting it all on my beach, no villagers move in there, so...
Actually (and unfortunately for flowers), they do. I've even seen one on a beach where the only access is swimming. They teleport ^_^

But why would it be a problem, anyway?

Koren

By the way, an update on the method to farm PWP (in case people haven't figured it last week): you don't need to go swimming. Actually, you don't even need to be in a place where noone see you. You can perfectly run around your town (looking for tarentulas or scorpions, for example ;) ), gardening, wandering outside or just waiting, and as long as you don't talk to anyone, each 5 minutes exactly, a random character in the town get the '!' flag. It's just a matter of walking in front of the good one.

So you just have, each 5 minutes, to walk in front of everyone and someone will come to you. If your bag is full of money/tools, they'll either suggest a PWP, request a new way to greet people, ask for something or simply say something strange...

Just be careful, after some time (I think it's something like 1 hour), the flagged character won't react anymore. You have to talk yourself to an animal so that he can say that you look tired. That doesn't reset the flag, and you can get the '!' just after that. I'm pretty sure that if you talk to the animal that got the '!' flag, you'll have to wait again 5min though.

Still haven't got two PWP in a single day (6am to 6am), so I'm pretty sure it's impossible.

Some pic's from my birthday! Kinda weird that Samson says he's moving out yesterday and today he throws me a party, but whatever, I'ma roll with it...
Hey, happy birthday!

Not a bad idea :p

Yeah, got that idea from someone on Gamefaqs for cataloging, it was all on the beach, enough room and no chance at losing items.

Actually (and unfortunately for flowers), they do. I've even seen one on a beach where the only access is swimming. They teleport ^_^

But why would it be a problem, anyway?

Oh, no. I meant, they can't build houses there right? If someone moves in, they could place their house on my items and I only get those back through the police station (that I still don't have :() But on the beach they can't, so I can't lose them there. :)

And I got PWP everyday this week, but still no Police station, aarrghhh. Oh well, got the two furniture sets you can get from it, so no more hurry I guess...

Thanks for the feedback! I'm a writer so I'm used to getting workshopped!

Interesting what people react to. Used to have way more trees but now feeling grass.

And no worries there's still no town I'd rather be than mine. And I love my layout :p

Elija2

I'm sick of my villagers planting flowers in the middle of paths because I have to keep relocating them. At this point I'm just gonna start trampling them.

Chopper

According to my handy app, I've unlocked 49/95 PWPs. Got a Yield Sign today. That and the flowerbed are the last two really shit ones left, so I'm getting ready for some quality suggestions this weekend...!

Koren

Oh, no. I meant, they can't build houses there right? If someone moves in, they could place their house on my items
Oh, I see.

No, they can't.

But there's a lot of places where they can't either: besides the plaza, the front of the town house and retail, any of the 8 spaces around a rock, any space close to the cliffs/borders, and any of the spaces at a distance of 2 or less of any house/building/PWP should also be safe.

But the beach is indeed an easy solution for this, indeed.

And I got PWP everyday this week, but still no Police station, aarrghhh.
Still no luck with the police station?

Some of the character classes (smug, cranky, peppy, etc.) should have run out of specific suggestions, now, shouldn't they? Try harvesting PWP at a time were those are the only one outside...

Oh well, got the two furniture sets you can get from it, so no more hurry I guess...
You can get furniture sets from the police station? Which ones? There's never anything in mine! How do you farm the police station?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom