• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Maybe she is trapped in a pit! Or... have you build a well?

I have a well :p

But I'm giving up now. I'll wait for US Gaf to wake up. Surely someone will let me in.

In other news, I had all my music out on my plaza and Redd crashed his market stand right on top of a bunch of songs. I suppose I can get back those songs tomorrow when he's gone?

Chopper

You just buy fortune cookies from Redd at the event square, eat them and turn in the tickets. There's 8 prizes each with their own ticket type. Didn't take me too long, although I now have an inventory and a half full of dud tickets I can't get rid of until I exchange them :p

Cookies are 500 bells each as well.

Ah, not play coins. Cool. Can you sell the leftover tickets, or throw them in the trash?

I have a well :p

But I'm giving up now. I'll wait for US Gaf to wake up. Surely someone will let me in.

In other news, I had all my music out on my plaza and Redd crashed his market stand right on top of a bunch of songs. I suppose I can get back those songs tomorrow when he's gone?
I'm pretty sure they'll be in the lost and found.

I've spent all fucking morning obsessing over my flower beds and optimising them in the hope of getting some bloody purple and blue flowers. They're looking pretty sweet right now, but I'm super late for work. If you wanna check them out, my dream address is 7400-2258-8806.

Edit: Excuse the messy attempt at growing some grass back in front of my house.

Linius

I haven't build the police station yet so I have now Lost & Found. Would be pretty shitty if they just disappear. Let alone the fact that I'll have to go trough all 91 songs to find which are the ones I'm missing.

Chopper

I haven't build the police station yet so I have now Lost & Found. Would be pretty shitty if the just disappear. Let alone the fact that I'll have to go trough all 91 songs to find which are the ones I'm missing.
Oh. I'm not sure what'll happen then. :/

You should totally get a police station.

Linius

Oh. I'm not sure what'll happen then. :/

You should totally get a police station.

Yeah, I'm building it tomorrow if I can find a good spot. I've stopped building PWPs for 15 days to get the golden wateringcan. That ended yesterday but today I can't build anything because of the fireworks show :/

Chopper

Yeah, I'm building it tomorrow if I can find a good spot. I've stopped building PWPs for 15 days to get the golden wateringcan. That ended yesterday but today I can't build anything because of the fireworks show :/
Annoying. Unfortunately, my latest PWP suggestions have been pretty lacklustre, but of course I chose today to decide that I wanted to stop Beautiful Town ordinance in favour of Bell Boom. :/

ramyeon

Ah, not play coins. Cool. Can you sell the leftover tickets, or throw them in the trash?
I guess you should be able to trash them, but I didn't have a trash can handy so I couldn't check. Had to exchange all of mine for fireworks and then sell those haha.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I haven't built the police station simply because I don't like the idea that I can't move it later. Same with the cafe. Want to be certain that I have the best spot for it.

Only have time to invest 360000 bell in turnips. Need to clear more junk from my closets first or perhaps I should start work on my secondary character. Have some nice ideas for quirky rooms.

ramyeon

BQ0UvZxCcAALz6p.jpg

K.K. Slider firework! You can give Isabelle designs leading up to the event and she'll make them into custom fireworks.

Had the same problem this morning....no Joan. But Katie was in my town. I decided to take her to a friends town to see if Joan would then appear.

Took Katie to a friends town, and that caused Joan to disappear in their town - even though Katie does a vanishing act once you arrive at the station. I had to then go back to my town, and my friend had to close their gates to get Joan back. All a bit silly really.

Linius

I'm late, but if you haven't gotten rid of her, I'm open...

Sorry man, you're indeed a bit too late. Dropped her off elsewhere now.

Had the same problem this morning....no Joan. But Katie was in my town. I decided to take her to a friends town to see if Joan would then appear.

Took Joan to a friends town, and that caused Joan to disappear in their town - even though Katie does a vanishing act once you arrive at the station. I had to then go back to my town, and my friend had to close their gates to get Joan back. All a bit silly really.

There's definitely something off about the whole Katie in town, fireworks and Joan.

Philia

Count me as the third person with this problem of this "not present" Joan in my town while I have Katie.

With that said... who wants her.

EDIT: Looks like I'll be infesting Koren soon. ;)

ramyeon

Yeah I handed her three designs earlier. Hopefully they come out alright.

Does it start 7pm sharp or do you get to start it manually, because I might be getting home late.
Starts at 7pm sharp, but it's still going for me and it's 9:30pm here. Seems like it runs all night really.

ramyeon

There's definitely something off about the whole Katie in town, fireworks and Joan.
It's not because of the fireworks. There can only be one guest character in town on any given day, and I think Katie takes priority as she appears a set number of days after someone has brought her to your town, so she will take the place over any other character that was scheduled for that day.

Linius

It's not because of the fireworks. There can only be one guest character in town on any given day, and I think Katie takes priority as she appears a set number of days after someone has brought her to your town, so she will take the place over any other character that was scheduled for that day.

Kind of a weird coincedence that three people are experiencing this for the first time on the same day :p

But I guess you're right. And that totally blows, Joan should have priority no matter what. Katie can wait a day or just appear after noon when Joan's gone.

ramyeon

Kind of a weird coincedence that three people are experiencing this for the first time on the same day :p

But I guess you're right. And that totally blows, Joan should have priority no matter what. Katie can wait a day or just appear after noon when Joan's gone.
Some people are saying that once you deal with Katie and take her to another town Joan should appear, it's because they're both the same class of wandering character. Did you take Katie to someone's town?

If not you're welcome to dump her in mine and see if that helps.

Linius

Some people are saying that once you deal with Katie and take her to another town Joan should appear, it's because they're both the same class of wandering character. Did you take Katie to someone's town?

Yeah, but you'll have to find someone who can open their town for you to receive Katie first. If you don't know many people you have a problem right there :p

ramyeon

Yeah, but you'll have to find someone who can open their town for you to receive Katie first. If you don't know many people you have a problem right there :p
Haha yeah it's a bit of a weird oversight. Lucky we don't have any issues of having no one to take Katie to here :p

Starts at 7pm sharp, but it's still going for me and it's 9:30pm here. Seems like it runs all night really.

Nice. :) Not gonna miss out then. :)

And I just got my third picture of a villager by mail, Rory.

What i had to do for it? Nothing, just let him visit my house yesterday...

So one picture for a flea, one picture for delivering something and one picture for letting visit my house...

So still nothing hard for a picture done. :)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Thank goodness I got a bunch of money. Spent a lot and finally got all 8 items.

It helps if you have a garbage can. You can just toss away shit tickets.

Linius

Thank goodness I got a bunch of money. Spent a lot and finally got all 8 items.

It helps if you have a garbage can. You can just toss away shit tickets.

Good to know, my house is near the plaza so I'll make sure to put the bin right next to my front door :p

No turnips for me this week then. :)

If I now get 500+ prices...

Edit: Well, i just checked my toy shop challenge, and without replacing or adding anything, I got 532.000 points. That's a nice start I guess. :)

So the golden roof and exterior are available I guess. Now if I claim my prize, what happens? They randomly gonna pop up at Tom's or would it replace my house stuff immediately?

Nvm, figured out how its works. :)

Linius

No turnips for me this week then. :)

If I now get 500+ prices...

The one week Katie messes up my turnip plans Joan keeps disappearing in other towns with visitors too. It's so weird.

On the one hand I have no stress all week, but on the other hand I don't want to miss out on a 8 to 10 million profit I can normally make with turnips.

The one week Katie messes up my turnip plans Joan keeps disappearing in other towns with visitors too. It's so weird.

On the one hand I have no stress all week, but on the other hand I don't want to miss out on a 8 to 10 million profit I can normally make with turnips.

Yeah, share the feelings. :( I only make a million through turnips, though... :(

zroid

Banned
Octavian thinks I'm depressed.

I don't know whether to be flattered that he's concerned about me, or just concerned, in general.

BQ0UvZxCcAALz6p.jpg

K.K. Slider firework! You can give Isabelle designs leading up to the event and she'll make them into custom fireworks.

Oh wow, that's amazing :eek:

--

after a good 3 weeks of nothing, I finally got my third Jacob's Ladder. Have had Perfect Town all along.

Linius

So at this point we can safely assume that for the rest of august we won't be able to buy in a foreign town. Everyone who's opening their gates sees Joan disappearing into thin air to come back after the gates are closed. The fireworks show is the only thing that's different from normal weeks so I'm gonna assume that's the reason.

Well today has been a complete and utter bust.

Perfect town streak broken for no reason, no hybrids for the 4th day in a row, Rodney still won't leave, max turnip prices from Joan, 4 hours of PWP farming with nothing to show for it (I swear if Timbra asks me about my next haircut any more I'll embed a hatchet in her skull) and my house and museum are now full to capacity with bushes I can't plant until Rodney pisses off and gems I have no use for.

ramyeon

11PM and the fireworks show is still going haha. Guess it goes until 12. Longest fireworks show I've ever seen! Wonder how many bells this is costing my town to put on every week... ;)

Linius

Perfect town streak broken for no reason, no hybrids for the 4th day in a row, Rodney still won't leave, max turnip prices from Joan, 4 hours of PWP farming with nothing to show for it (I swear if Timbra asks me about my next haircut any more I'll embed a hatchet in her skull) and my house and museum are now full to capacity with bushes I can't plant until Rodney pisses off and gems I have no use for.

Haven't been farming for PWPs for quite some time. While I got nothing in the first three or four weeks PWPs keep coming on a regular basis now. Sometimes I got nothing, but then I have one three days straight without farming. Because I didn't build anything during my perfect town streak I still have quite a few to build.

UberTag

Perfect town streak broken for no reason.
How do you know that your perfect town streak is broken when Izzy is holed up in the village center courtyard prepping for fireworks?

I double-checked in my Town Hall to make sure I was good before I crashed for the night. Today is Day 13 for me.

Got no room in my lockers for turnips, though. I've been eating away at my turnip profits for the past 3 weeks now.

zroid

Banned
Guys, if you haven't yet, you need to watch the Flipnote Studio 3D trailer on the eShop. It has some AMAZING Animal Crossing themed animations.

Just a taste: Reese & Cyrus

Haven't been farming for PWPs for quite some time. While I got nothing in the first three or four weeks PWPs keep coming on a regular basis now. Sometimes I got nothing, but then I have one three days straight without farming. Because I didn't build anything during my perfect town streak I still have quite a few to build.

Yea I stopped farming, too, cause it never worked.

I know this sounds trippy-dippy, but I always get my PWP suggestions at the end of a good day's work in town. It's often a villager who I just saw a minute ago who comes up and asks to build, too. Pretty weird, but I've gotten a suggestion like this for almost two weeks straight (and good ones, too!).

How do you know that your perfect town streak is broken when Izzy is holed up in the village center courtyard prepping for fireworks?
My game is 1 day ahead since I thought I had ran into a glitch today and I wanted to make sure that it wasn't a permanent problem with my town. I'd searched for hours and couldn't find any fossils, flowers or gyroids for the day. I swear this Fireworks Festival has screwed everything up.

Chopper

I don't actively "farm" for PWPs, but seem to get one naturally when I've spent an hour or so pottering around town doing my duties. Not having anything "tradeable" in your pockets makes a massive difference.

My game is 1 day ahead since I thought I had ran into a glitch today and I wanted to make sure that it wasn't a permanent problem with my town. I'd searched for hours and couldn't find any fossils, flowers or gyroids for the day. I swear this Fireworks Festival has screwed everything up.
Now you mention it, I only found 2 fossils today, and I've looked everywhere!

Uhm, what exactly do you guys mean by "farming PWP"?

Long story short, every 5 mins if you are outside but not within sight of villagers the game will choose one at random that will want to run up and talk to you (the only way to get PWP requests). Since they can ask for tons of things during a run up event you fill your pockets to capacity (and letter slots) with stuff they can't buy from you to cut out everything but random talks, catchphrase/greeting changes and PWP requests.

Best way to stay out of their way for 5 mins is to sit in the ocean, since they can't see you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom