• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I cave in. Need 6 more fossils and I keep getting the same and I want to get over it. :(

Missing fossils:

Pachysaurs torso
Parasaurus torso
Ichthyosaur torso
Megacerops skull
Apatosaurus skull
Dinosaur track

I have a lot of fossils for trade, so if you search one, let me know and I'll look in my game if I got one for you.

And I found something interesting in Liquefy faq:

The furniture item limit for each room is 48 items, including items that can
hang on the wall. The following items, however, don't "count" toward the room
item limit:
...wallpaper
...carpeting
...stationery
...tools
...fruit (single, not baskets)
...mushrooms
...Turnips
...Candy
...unidentified fossils
...Pitfall Seeds
...garbage (Empty Can, Boot, Old Tire)
...ores
...Medicine
...paper bags (e.g., pinwheels, ice cream)
...saplings
...shrub starts
...Wrapped Presents (using Wrapping Paper)
...fortune slips
...many miscellaneous items (e.g., eggs, foil, ingredients, Coffee Beans)

So you can fill a entire room with furniture wrapped in wrapping paper, its seems.

Shenanigans in the town plaza with Isabelle.

tumblr_mr0dl2VbKn1qa25kqo2_400.jpg
tumblr_mr0dl2VbKn1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mr0dl2VbKn1qa25kqo4_400.jpg
tumblr_mr0dl2VbKn1qa25kqo3_400.jpg

Let me guess, you have either Katie or your gates are open?

If I only gotten up earlier, because I didn't have Katie in town... :(

LOL my retail is offering a bonus on petaltail dragonfly. I don't know if that's a troll or not.

Had two times that my Retail was offering a bonus for a scorpion. I mean, come on, does it look like my town is overrun with scorpions?

You can pick these up later today.

Linius again to the rescue. :) Thanks man. :)

Philia

Wow... Colton sold me two legit paintings in the past 2 hours. That's... unusual. I don't know if its because I made him stay or I changed my outfit or what lol.

UberTag

So you can fill a entire room with furniture wrapped in wrapping paper, its seems.
Yep, this is also a great way to economize space if you want to store unique items in rooms because you've got your lockers jammed full with turnips.

Just wrap items up that would normally take up a lot of space and store them that way.
Especially helpful for uniques that hog space like the Island's Wave Breaker.

Hey, I'm doing some clean up in my cupboard and I have got some Nintendo items that I need to give away.
Here's what I've got:
-Fire Flower
-Pikmin
-Arwing
-Yoshi Egg
-Super Star
-Varia Suit shoes
-Varia Suit
-Hero's boots

Do you need some? :D

Linius

Yep, this is also a great way to economize space if you want to store unique items in roome because you've got your lockers jammed full with turnips.

Just wrap items up that would normally take up a lot of space and store them that way.

That's so smart :/

I'm totally gonna wrap my island kitchen and wave breaker :p

Koren

Long story short, every 5 mins if you are outside but not within sight of villagers the game will choose one at random that will want to run up and talk to you (the only way to get PWP requests).
I'm starting wondering the "out of sight" is really required. I'm trying to find my first scorpion circa 2AM currently, farming PWP at the same time, because at this hour, I have only one cranky villager (Wolfgang) and one uchi villager (Flo).

Which is handy, since I want zen PWP (which are granted by cranky ones... I'm specially after the zen streetlight and the bell for my japanese corner) and a couple of uchi PWP (geyser, bus stop, scarecrow, the last one to prevent villagers setting in flower beds ^_^ )

I'm making large circular trips in my town (ruining the grass, btw, since I have to sometimes leave the paths to hunt the scorpions T_T ) and I'm pretty sure I get a "!!!" event every 6-8 minutes from one of the two villagers even if they're seing me from times to times inbetween, as long as I don't interact with them. I'm getting the PWP suggestion in less than an hour most of the time (problem is that sometimes villagers are disappearing somewhere *not* in town)

I've yet to see a single scorpion, though. I agree with Philia that it must be related to luck (I've found three tarentulas in the same evening a couple of days ago, and none other evenings). The weather also seems to be considered. They definitively don't show in rain, but I'm beginning to think that it needs to be a clear night.

Linius

Loool, a post of mine at GameFaqs errored just now. I used the word 'shit'. I actually tried to say 'shitty', but I had no idea 'shit' is a banned word :lol

It's gonna take a while to ever make up for a tropical vista and floor :p

Happy to help.

Yep, this is also a great way to economize space if you want to store unique items in roome because you've got your lockers jammed full with turnips.

Yeah, those 4 space items take a lot of space in rooms, so I'm happy there is a solution to stock them without using the lockers. Have a lot of museum space left, so... :)

And my PWP today is.... a tower... :( No Gwen, bad Gwen, give me the police station. :( Don't need towers in ma town... :(

UberTag

Am I the only one who feels silly emptying T.I.Y of its entire inventory daily in order to get Gracie to start appearing sooner?

Koren

Daily hybrid: Pink rose
:(

I'm really thinking about dumping some white/yellow cosmos... Maybe also some standard tulips. I've a couple of large flower beds which yield very few interesting hybrids. The ~40 white pansies flower bed has produced the first blue pansie this morning after a dozen of days, that's something. But the ~30 yellow tulips flower bed NEVER produced anything else than yellow tulips (I'm beginning to wonder whether blue is just yellow x yellow).

And since I'm getting normal flowers, I'm not getting many interesting hybrids (half a dozen ping cosmos, a couple of orange ones, a dozen orange pansies, a blue one, more than two dozen orange roses, a dozen pink ones, two purple ones (not nearly enough) and a black one, a couple of pink tulips)

I've yet to see a blue rose (part of the problem is that I've red and red+ mixed, because of my villagers... and the beautiful ordinance seems to make things worse... is this normal?) or rare cosmos.

Animekatt

Am I the only one who feels silly emptying T.I.Y of its entire inventory daily in order to get Gracie to start appearing sooner?

I know lots of people already did that for catalog purposes lol. I hope she appears this week. I had the throne as my spotlight item, and that was 800k.

Koren

Yeah, those 4 space items take a lot of space in rooms, so I'm happy there is a solution to stock them without using the lockers. Have a lot of museum space left, so... :)
The idea is great, indeed...

And my PWP today is.... a tower... :( No Gwen, bad Gwen, give me the police station. :( Don't need towers in ma town... :(
Are you playing since june? Actively trying to get PWP? That's a long time for the police station to show, sorry for you.

Have you considered farming PWP at an hour where the probability is higher? At a given time of the day, you can have a reduce number of animals outside... If you have most of the PWP from the cranky villagers, for example, and only a cranky villager outside, the probability of getting the police station could be higher.

A given villager can only suggest 16 differents PWP, so you can get the police station in a two weeks if you have a time during the day where there's only one villager outside (or two with the same personnality). Probably far less than that if you've probably many suggestions already, I would be surprised if you would need more than 4-5 days.

(on a side note, I love the tower, personally, especially at night. I've put it close to the rivers, with a pond (made from tiles) and bamboos in it behind and I like the vista)

I'll probably do the same starting tomorrow, I wasn't aware you needed to spend a given amount in TIY before she show up. I'm usually buying anything I don't have yet, for cataloging reasons, but I'm getting more and more "dupes" on sale...

UberTag

I'll probably do the same starting tomorrow, I wasn't aware you needed to spend a given amount in TIY before she show up. I'm usually buying anything I don't have yet, for cataloging reasons, but I'm getting more and more "dupes" on sale...
I'm lucky if I get more than 1-2 unique items in TIY daily.
If I just ignored everything I've already got cataloged like I normally do, it would take AGES for me to spend the 70,000 bells needed for Gracie to start to appear.
So I'm just buying out their stock until she starts showing up.

Koren

I'm lucky if I get more than 1-2 unique items in TIY daily.
If I just ignored everything I've already got cataloged like I normally do, it would take AGES for me to spend the 70,000 bells needed for Gracie to start to appear.
So I'm just buying out their stock until she starts showing up.
I'm exactly in the same case (I only had a new floor available at TIY this morning), and I'll do exactly the same.

Does paper works? I can see myself buying (and selling) 100 times the same writing paper, in fact.

UberTag

I'm exactly in the same case (I only had a new floor available at TIY this morning), and I'll do exactly the same.

Does paper works? I can see myself buying (and selling) 100 times the same writing paper, in fact.
I'm not trusting that it does. Although I suppose the rule that's in place would exclude paper purchases. I'm still only buying paper when it's unique. It would be awfully tedious to spam paper purchases anyhow. It's bad enough that I'm buying cheap tools and flowers to get Gracie to trigger.

Incidentally, I'll be polling you guys for what paper is in your stores in a week or two as my stationery catalog gets closer to completion.

Novocaine

Bumping need list!

Looking to catalog/trade for a few items. I have bells/gems/music/fossils/Nintendo items I can give in return.

Need:

Raptor Skull
Amazing Machine
Bath Mat
Bath Tile
Bathhouse Wall
Bucket (Yellow bucket from Spa theme)
Florence Flask
Hibachi
Jasmine Bonsai
Lab Chair
Lab Floor
Medicine Chest
Metroid x10
Milk Case
Quince Bonsai
Unknown Machine

I have a list of my extra fossils, Nintendo items, and music here. PM me if you are interested in working out a trade!

Ugh, I got another golden table this morning.

Anyone willing to trade for a golden set piece that I'm missing? The only ones that I have is the table and the closet.

UberTag

Ordered two campus items and a white katana. Well enough for that amount of bells we need to spend.
For some reason, I was under the line of thinking that catalog orders didn't count towards bell purchase quotas needed to unlock Nookling store upgrades and/or Gracie.

But if MicH got Gracie to appear immediately just by purchasing a bunch of songs from his catalog, I suppose I was mistaken.

Linius

For some reason, I was under the line of thinking that catalog orders didn't count towards bell purchase quotas needed to unlock Nookling store upgrades and/or Gracie.

But if MicH got Gracie to appear immediately just by purchasing a bunch of songs from his catalog, I suppose I was mistaken.

I was thinking the same tbh, but more people said catalogue order count too.

Linius

Traded a Shaved Ice Lamp for an BBQ Bed and four sloppy items with an honest Japanese player. Finally getting some more sloppy pieces in.

Farun

Neo Member
If anyone else already added me and wants to come over, in 1 1/2 hour the fireworks should start in my town. I'll be opening the gates like 10 minutes before that happens :)

Animekatt

If anyone else already added me and wants to come over, in 1 1/2 hour the fireworks should start in my town. I'll be opening the gates like 10 minutes before that happens :)

I'll be there. :)

Colton has given me a painting finally, although it was a fake Scary one. At least he offered it for free.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I'll be there. :)

Colton has given me a painting finally, although it was a fake Scary one. At least he offered it for free.

Hmm, is he smug? Did he give it to you for free when you said you'd pay 7,056, or did you say no and he just gave it to you?

Animekatt

Hmm, is he smug? Did he give it to you for free when you said you'd pay 7,056, or did you say no and he just gave it to you?

Yep he's a smug. He gave it to me after I agreed to pay him. I want to try this on one of my crankys, since they are cheaper. XD

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Yep he's a smug. He gave it to me after I agreed to pay him. I want to try this on one of my crankys, since they are cheaper. XD

That's interesting. I've never gotten a freebie from Lionel, but have from Groucho (cranky). Maybe we should add that to the art trick section in the OP as well.

Are you playing since june? Actively trying to get PWP? That's a long time for the police station to show, sorry for you.

Have you considered farming PWP at an hour where the probability is higher? At a given time of the day, you can have a reduce number of animals outside... If you have most of the PWP from the cranky villagers, for example, and only a cranky villager outside, the probability of getting the police station could be higher.

A given villager can only suggest 16 differents PWP, so you can get the police station in a two weeks if you have a time during the day where there's only one villager outside (or two with the same personnality). Probably far less than that if you've probably many suggestions already, I would be surprised if you would need more than 4-5 days.

(on a side note, I love the tower, personally, especially at night. I've put it close to the rivers, with a pond (made from tiles) and bamboos in it behind and I like the vista)

Yeah, have the game from launch. :( Well, I gonna try that suggestion of yours. It's really annoying that this is only the PWP I really, really want for now. It's like they just love the town without cops... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom