• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Niraj, if your still listening to K.K., try Steep Hill. It's amazing live.

K.K. kicked us out of Club LOL. We were being too rowdy.
It was Muffy's fault for acting up.

lol. Closed for now. I did listen to that one though, it was great.

Really cool town. Bit hard to navigate though.

Yeah she basically had to lead me around everywhere lol

Still, very beautiful stuff. I love that star pattern she has everywhere. She sent me to the town she got a lot of her patterns from. Pretty weird place. I'll see if I can find the dream code...

Edit: here's that code: 1300-0735-5643

Garland7G

I wish Cheri would just go ahead and suggest the bridge already instead of giving me one of her 'screaming deals'. She has to be running out of stuff soon.
Also look at this pic and wonder why this makes her so happy...
tumblr_mqzt3oM2Op1swi0i7o1_400.jpg

just another person bill picks on in town.

Edit:I have a ship deck carpet from whats his name, if anyone needs it.

Had a really good day for museum donations, got a ray, walkingstick, migratory locust, petaltail dragonfly, soft-shelled turtle and a neutral painting. I think I'm all caught up on the fish and bugs we've had access to now too. :)

Does anyone know of a dream town that has the Satoru Iwata design for the cut-out standee? Or have the QR code for it handy? I can't find it anywhere... (They replaced it with the Pikmin 3 stuff in the Nintendo of Japan dream town.)

Garland7G

Had a really good day for museum donations, got a ray, walkingstick, migratory locust, petaltail dragonfly, soft-shelled turtle and a neutral painting. I think I'm all caught up on the fish and bugs we've had access to now too. :)

Does anyone know of a dream town that has the Satoru Iwata design for the cut-out standee? Or have the QR code for it handy? I can't find it anywhere...

All I need is the flat worm, guess I should try for it since I'm farming pwp anyways.

Kabuki Is one of my favorite characters. He's cool to look at (so short), funny, and quirky.

But it's hard for me to understand people offering 180 Royal Crowns for him. If you sold them where there's a premium on hats, that's 108 million for a villager.

Dudes, this is out of control on so many levels. 30 Million for Julian. 108 Million for Kabuki. What's next, 1 Billion for Zucker.

With all the access to duping and easy money now, the Villager Market can only inflate, because the value of the bell is dropping deeper and deeper with every passing second when someone dupes a royal crown or a bag of bells. When you print more money, you weaken the value of the money itself. A good week in the Stalks is going to be 80 Million not 8. This is getting out of control. As much as I've flirted with the idea of buying my favorite villagers off of GF, I think I'm going to use the good old reset trick and leave the rest to God.

This is just getting too weird. People aren't playing the game they're perverting its systems to leave nothing to chance, which kind of ruins it. The anticipation of who will move in next is completely destroyed if you can just fire up your second 3DS, dupe 350 Royal Crowns, and pay 200 million to buy Kabuki.

/rant

My Steep Hill obsession continues, the music box version of it is GODLY. (It sounds like something from VLR.)

Kabuki Is one of my favorite characters. He's cool to look at (so short), funny, and quirky.

But it's hard for me to understand people offering 180 Royal Crowns for him. If you sold them where there's a premium on hats, that's 108 million for a villager.

Dudes, this is out of control on so many levels. 30 Million for Julian. 108 Million for Kabuki. What's next, 1 Billion for Zucker.

With all the access to duping and easy money now, the Villager Market can only inflate, because the value of the bell is dropping deeper and deeper with every passing second when someone dupes a royal crown or a bag of bells. When you print more money, you weaken the value of the money itself. A good week in the Stalks is going to be 80 Million not 8. This is getting out of control. As much as I've flirted with the idea of buying my favorite villagers off of GF, I think I'm going to use the good old reset trick and leave the rest to God.

This is just getting too weird. People aren't playing the game they're perverting its systems to leave nothing to chance, which kind of ruins it. The anticipation of who will move in next is completely destroyed if you can just fire up your second 3DS, dupe 350 Royal Crowns, and pay 200 million to buy Kabuki.

/rant
Yeah, it's really out of control. The only leverage non-dupers have is if we have a popular villager to offer in exchange, or if you are lucky to meet someone that doesn't want to partake in the inflated marketing of villagers.

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hope it gets patched soon.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

/rant

Yeah that's fucking absurd. Then you have GAF, where people would just be willing to give away a villager, no strings attached, if they didn't want them and somebody else did. Just shows how great this community is in comparison
if anyone wants to give me 108 mil for dumb reasons, let me know

ramyeon

/rant
Is anyone forcing you or me to dupe crowns and sell them to get a villager? Nope ;) I don't really care how others play the game because at the end of the day it doesn't really affect me.

I have Kabuki and he's great, would never sell him off. If I didn't like him though I'd be more than happy to let him go to someone who did for free. I've seen Zucker going on GameFaqs mostly for around 15-30mil not 1bil too.

Elija2

I probably have some real moneymaker villagers in my town (Bob, Genji) but I'd rather someone on GAF have them so that I can occasionally visit them again, as opposed to some random guy on GameFAQs who will just take them and disappear forever.

I'm really glad, Gaf functions like a small community rather than a large city. It feels good knowing that Bells are useless when it comes to trading on NeoGaf.

not a prob man, sorry I didn't have the one you wanted, but there is some good one's in there ;)
On an unrelated note, has anyone seen a cicada today? Mint wants one and now I can't seem to find any at all.
It might be too late at night now. Give her a lantern fly, they count as cicadas.

Busaiku

Yeah, I'm playing the game at my own pace, and it's going along just fine.
I wished at one point to get stuff like the Sloppy set or 7-11 set, but I guess that's out of the question now.
Still, there's a lot more fun to be had, and while I ams super salty about not getting Ankha, I'm gonna get a new villager eventually, and it'll be fun to find out who it is.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Random fact of the day (apologies if already mentioned)

Apparently 'turnip' in Japanese is 'kabu'. That is also the word for stocks and shares, hence investing in turnips from Joan

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The sow Joan = Dow Jones thing is still pretty clever. Same with the stalk = stock.

It's funny how the puns worked so well in both languages.

I like how they did stalk market and squeezed a pun in there anyway, because in the face of it turnips don't make sense outside of Japan

I also like the coincidental ones too. Kapp'n is 'captain' and is a kappa in Japan so has a little pun thing going on, even though he is officially a turtle in the west? And of course in Japan he isn't a captain so that only really works being aware of both sides.

MicH

So Rodney has moved out. When I got to the place where his house used to be. Only dirt and the flowers surrounding his house where left. Why is it so sad?

Then I read his letter. Very touching :;( Then I saw he attached his picture. Awwww! You will never be forgotten, bud!

Linius

I'm a bit panicked right now. I literally can't find Joan. I've been all over my town (even my beaches) several times and she's nowhere to be found :/

Mekere

So Rodney has moved out. When I got to the place where his house used to be. Only dirt and the flowers surrounding his house where left. Why is it so sad?

Then I read his letter. Very touching :;( Then I saw he attached his picture. Awwww! You will never be forgotten, bud!
Dizzy also send me his picture before leaving. That crushed my heart too :(

I'm a bit panicked right now. I literally can't find Joan. I've been all over my town (even my beaches) several times and she's nowhere to be found :/

Call her with the megaphone? Also, are your gates closed?

Linius

My gates are closed. But you can buy at foreign Joans too so that shouldn't matter.

And that's what I'm gonna do if I can find anyone because Joan is nowhere. This is pretty weird.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Been a bit lazy with turnips recently but decided I should invest a bit this week. Slowly work my way to the gold badge which many have already got.

Nook only had roman candles and sparklers. So low key fireworks night tonight.

Fireworks show was cute.

Sjc7ljH.jpg

And while I'm at it, some older pics.

My favourite villager.

XmuiB7M.jpg

X7ArHmR.jpg

Back when it was raining 24/7 I decided to install drainage.

5APK6O7.jpg

This made me so mad. You have no idea.

Z3gXX2d.jpg

Linius

Is it possible that Katie is holding Joan back? And that firewroks crap on my plaza.

I'm now 100% sure Joan isn't here. I've been walking around my town for 45 minutes straight and looked behind and inside every building. Even on mainstreet. This is driving me crazy :O

Mekere

Is it possible that Katie is holding Joan back? And that firewroks crap on my plaza.

I'm now 100% sure Joan isn't here. I've been walking around my town for 45 minutes straight and looked behind and inside every building. Even on mainstreet. This is driving me crazy :O

Want me to visit? Maybe I can help you find her?

Linius

Want me to visit? Maybe I can help you find her?

No, that's not gonna help. I'm pretty sure I can find a big moving boar in my town in 45 minutes if she was really here. The fact that she's moving around says it all, she should pop up somewhere eventually over time because she's not in one place. And it's only 10 more minutes over here anyways.

ramyeon

So I don't know how valuable these are, but I wanted to get all of Redd's special prizes from the Fireworks event so I bought a load of cookies. I got all of the items and have some leftover winning tickets. Each ticket corresponds to a particular item. If anyone wants a ticket let me know, I'd rather not give all of them to one person so I'll limit it to one each for now.

I have...

Kaboom Ticket x 5 (Ultra Scope)
Whiz Ticket x 1 (Ten Billion Barrel)
Flash Ticket x 1 (Lovely Phone)
Sparkle Ticket x 1 (Miniature Car)
Pow Ticket x 1 (Love Tester)
Bang Ticket x 1 (Boxed Figurine)

The items are not re orderable from the catalogue, and only available at the fireworks show. I only tried exchanging one dud ticket and I think he just gives out fireworks for those.

MicH

No, that's not gonna help. I'm pretty sure I can find a big moving boar in my town in 45 minutes if she was really here. The fact that she's moving around says it all, she should pop up somewhere eventually over time because she's not in one place. And it's only 10 more minutes over here anyways.
Have you used the megaphone?

Chopper

So I don't know how valuable these are, but I wanted to get all of Redd's special prizes from the Fireworks event so I bought a load of cookies. I got all of the items and have some leftover winning tickets. Each ticket corresponds to a particular item. If anyone wants a ticket let me know, I'd rather not give all of them to one person so I'll limit it to one each for now.

I have...

Kaboom Ticket x 5 (Ultra Scope)
Whiz Ticket x 1 (Ten Billion Barrel)
Flash Ticket x 1 (Lovely Phone)
Sparkle Ticket x 1 (Miniature Car)
Pow Ticket x 1 (Love Tester)
Bang Ticket x 1 (Boxed Figurine)

The items are not re orderable from the catalogue, and only available at the fireworks show. I only tried exchanging one dud ticket and I think he just gives out fireworks for those.
I won't claim one of your tickets, but could you tell me how the event works? How much time am I gonna have to dedicate to claiming everything tonight?

Yeah, Simon, Julian and Kappn' responded to that. I've been walking around town and shouted several times in different position across town.
Is the clock correct? I'm at a loss here.

ramyeon

I won't claim one of your tickets, but could you tell me how the event works? How much time am I gonna have to dedicate to claiming everything tonight?
You just buy fortune cookies from Redd at the event square, eat them and turn in the tickets. There's 8 prizes each with their own ticket type. Didn't take me too long, although I now have an inventory and a half full of dud tickets I can't get rid of until I exchange them :p

Cookies are 500 bells each as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom