• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My town is open. I'm afk though.

The snowman is south of the town hall.

tumblr_mxpgotNpnz1svkqkfo3_400.jpg

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Snowman Bingo Dec 12

Dandy Crocodile: 3
Koomaster: 3
Samurai-Heart: 3
milkham: 5
braves01: 6
milkham: 8
Chopper: 8
MicH: 9
Linius: 9
narras: 12
Samurai-Heart: 14
Mekere: 15
Frogstep: 19
Zero_iyad: 20
wheelhoss1: 23
BGBW: 26
Westraid: 29
zigg: 29
MicH: 30
Frogstep: 30
Niraj: 38
Koomaster: 40
Bluepolicebox: 42
Animekatt: 43
Coldsnap: 45

Zero, let me know when you're free :)

Zero_IYAD

My gates are open now if you guys need #20

I still need to visit:
Westraid: 29 OR zigg: 29

These are all the numbers I still need:

Snowman Bingo Dec 12

Dandy Crocodile: 3
Koomaster: 3
Samurai-Heart: 3
milkham: 5
braves01: 6
milkham: 8
Chopper: 8
MicH: 9
Linius: 9
narras: 12
Mekere: 15
Frogstep: 19
Zero_iyad: 20
wheelhoss1: 23
Westraid: 29
zigg: 29
MicH: 30
Frogstep: 30
Niraj: 38
Koomaster: 40
Animekatt: 43
Coldsnap: 45

Also got 14 but probs won't be on tonight, unless someone really needs my numbers,

Coldsnap

Here's a list of who I need: (I'll be around all day. Thanks!)

*check*Koomaster
Milkham
*check*Samurai Heart
Wheelhoss1
BluePoliceBox

Zero_IYAD

My gates are still open if you guys need #20

Also if any of you are available please let me know:

Niraj

zlCfzRPA0HMhOQxo_k

Sigh emote

I'm going to leave my town open, but I'll be afk for the most part. If anybody wants to come over and catch snowflakes for the snowmam, feel free. She's north of the plaza by the fire.

This is probably my first official Animal Crossing game... I had Wild World but barely played it.

Trying to figure out how to actually go about playing this game. My house is built, I can't seem to find a fishing rod (though I'm not sure why I would go fishing in the first place)... sort of not sure what to do now. Plus everything's closed at night (and the times are reversed for some reason so when I play in the day time everyone's asleep in the game) so I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing after like 9 pm.

GAF, help this newbie figure out how the fuck to play Animal Crossing correctly. Currently I am collecting shit off the beach and selling them, and then like.. buying a new hat (out of the four options it gives me). Halp :(

Here's a list of who I need: (I'll be around all day. Thanks!)

Koomaster
Milkham
Samurai Heart
Wheelhoss1
BluePoliceBox

Added gates will be opened
This is probably my first official Animal Crossing game... I had Wild World but barely played it.

Trying to figure out how to actually go about playing this game. My house is built, I can't seem to find a fishing rod (though I'm not sure why I would go fishing in the first place)... sort of not sure what to do now. Plus everything's closed at night (and the times are reversed for some reason so when I play in the day time everyone's asleep in the game) so I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing after like 9 pm.

GAF, help this newbie figure out how the fuck to play Animal Crossing correctly. Currently I am collecting shit off the beach and selling them, and then like.. buying a new hat (out of the four options it gives me). Halp :(

Try this starter guide/walkthrough
Atm not the best of time to start Animal Crossing especially if you are starting at 9pm tbh

Niraj

There's not really any way to play correctly, you pretty much just do whatever you want. Set small goals for yourself, like "I want to catch all the bugs that you can catch in December," or "I want to fill this part of my town with x and y flowers." Then as you accomplish those, you can move on to other things.

Fishing rod should be on sale in the store, but it's random, so you could just be having bad luck. If you haven't yet, talk to Isabelle in the Town Hall and ask for advice, and you can get her to give you a fishing pole or bug net as well as a watering can once you're all done. As for the night time thing, eventually you'll be able to establish ordinances, one of which makes all your villagers stay up later, and your stores will also have later closing times. Or if you play more in the morning, the early bird ordinance will have a similar effect.

This is a good starting guide if you haven't done all these things already. I would also check out the OP of the last OT, which has a lot more information directed to beginners. Most importantly, don't feel like you have to do things. If you want to do things, do them, if not, no sweat. Just set the game aside and do something else. It's a game that's meant to be played for small amounts of time over a long period of time, as opposed to marathoning (though I think many of us are bad antitheses to that lol). Just have fun!

Okay, so I assume the SnowMan gives us the basic snow set?

This is the stuff the Snowman gives you

suzu

First, have you completed all of Isabelle's "chores" (I think you have to ask her for "advice" or something like that). She should set you up with some tools.

Have you unlocked the Island yet? You should try to do that. The Island is particularly good for making money (by catching beetles in the evening).

Talk to Isabelle and set your ordinance to Night Owl if you play more in the evening.

Random stuff to do, for starters:
- always sell stuff at Re-Tail (the pink icon on your map); they pay more for your junk
- collect bugs and fish for the museum
- collect fossils (the X shaped marks on the ground, they spawn everyday) for the museum
- befriend your villagers (do errands for them, etc)
- aim to upgrade your house and main street shops

Zero_IYAD

Ok, need these:

Am #20
Looks like no one needs it so far
I'll close my gate & go to Niraj's Snowmam
If anyone wants my number please let me know : )

& guys, if you are available please let me drop by real quick:

milkham

First, have you completed all of Isabelle's "chores" (I think you have to ask her for "advice" or something like that). She should set you up with some tools.

Have you unlocked the Island yet? You should try to do that. The Island is particularly good for making money (by catching beetles in the evening).

Talk to Isabelle and set your ordinance to Night Owl if you play more in the evening.

Random stuff to do, for starters:
- always sell stuff at Re-Tail (the pink icon on your map); they pay more for your junk
- collect bugs and fish for the museum
- collect fossils (the X shaped marks on the ground, they spawn everyday) for the museum
- befriend your villagers (do errands for them, etc)
- aim to upgrade your house and main street shops

-make a creepy snowman and join us for bingo

Thanks for the advice guys. Funny how it never even occurred to me to talk to Isabelle coz she's kinda hidden out there. I'll follow your advice though, and if I end up getting my shit together I'll hopefully join you guys on whatever online shindigs ya'll tend to get yourselves into. Cheers. :)

Koomaster

My gates are open; but I will be afk on and off, so apologies if I don't say hello. :)

Snowpapas...
3: Left of Cafe
40: North of Campsite

I have the sweets exterior in my Nook's Homes as well.

Katt, left Lopez' pic by the train station for you to pick up whenever.

Going to be around for the next 90+ minutes; and then I leave for the rest of the night, so get the bingo numbers while they are hot. :p

Zero_IYAD

Ok, this is the list of numbers I still need:

Am #20
Looks like no one needs it so far
I'll close my gate & hunt snowflakes.
If anyone wants my number please let me know : )

& guys, if you are available please let me drop by real quick:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom