• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Ohhhhhh, okay...

I just read up on how the stores work and stuff started making a lot more sense. These characters are going through generalized protocols with no concept of how limited our town is, so when they ask me for crazy shit like large furniture, that is basically under the assumption that the Nooks are all upgraded and selling something other than the same stuff I already have or literally two small items. Same thing with the turnips, existing under the assumption that my every bell isn't going to some project.

I guess this will get far more interesting and make way more sense as things develop. I know it's more of a casual game based on the concept of everyday community, not something you can beast through by playing large amounts in less days, but I guess I just expected it to be a little more aware of and with me in regard to where I was at with the town as it slowly gave me what I need to get the train rolling.

Chopper

Ohhhhhh, okay...

I just read up on how the stores work and stuff started making a lot more sense. These characters are going through generalized protocols with no concept of how limited our town is, so when they ask me for crazy shit like large furniture, that is basically under the assumption that the Nooks are all upgraded and selling something other than the same stuff I already have or literally two small items. Same thing with the turnips, existing under the assumption that my every bell isn't going to some project.

I guess this will get far more interesting and make way more sense as things develop. I know it's more of a casual game based on the concept of everyday community, not something you can beast through by playing large amounts in less days, but I guess I just expected it to be a little more aware of and with me in regard to where I was at with the town as it slowly gave me what I need to get the train rolling.
How long have you been playing? You are welcome to visit my town for supplies any time you like!

Elija2

Ohhhhhh, okay...

You could always order something from the catalog before 5 PM. I usually do that instead of giving my villagers whatever the store has in stock because it leads to less random furniture in their house.

Wolfe

I'm back.

@FutureZombie: Did you visit my town while I was gone?

Alright I added you and opened my gate, feel free to stop by whenever you get the chance. Ruby's house is down by the river between the two alt houses (tents really).

Dice

You could always order something from the catalog before 5 PM. I usually do that instead of giving my villagers whatever the store has in stock because it leads to less random furniture in their house.
Catalog?

Things the instruction booklet tells you: How to turn on the game.
Things the game tells you: How to not know WTF you're doing.

If I were writing a review, this game would legitimately be downgraded 4 whole points for lack of explanation if it were not for internet communities/wiki projects.

Catalog?

If I were writing a review, this game would legitimately be downgraded 4 whole points for lack of explanation if it were not for internet communities/wiki projects.

You're not supposed to know everything right away. They'll tell you what you need to know as you unlock things/time passes.

Dice

You're not supposed to know everything right away. They'll tell you what you need to know as you unlock things/time passes.
It probably would have taken me 4 months to upgrade the Nook's shop (by spending 25k bells there) since they rarely have anything I don't already have and when they do it is rarely something I want. There are also many details about things you do unlock that are not explained apart from internet communities. Who knows how long it would have taken before I noticed the storage locker in the station? How many items would I have thrown on the ground or regretfully sold? And I would have been even more choosy about buying things, delaying store upgrades further. I will never not consider this a weakness of the game, so I am glad the internet fixes the problem.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Catalog?

Once your store upgrades to T&T Mart, you get a catalog where you can order most stuff that you've had in your inventory at some point.

Spree

It probably would have taken me 4 months to upgrade the Nook's shop (by spending 25k bells there) since they rarely have anything I don't already have and when they do it is rarely something I want. There are also many details about things you do unlock that are not explained apart from internet communities. Who knows how long it would have taken before I noticed the storage locker in the station? How many items would I have thrown on the ground or regretfully sold? And I would have been even more choosy about buying things, delaying store upgrades further. I will never not consider this a weakness of the game, so I am glad the internet fixes the problem.

I like it better this way. It gives it more of a 'real life' feeling; not being instructed what to do...etc.

For example, it was fun discovering the floating snowflakes. First not knowing what they were for, wondering, then seeing a snowball which you naturally think to start rolling around, getting one of the snow people, they tell to make the rest of their family...etc.

I like the way this game flows. It's definitely got a unique charm. My first AC game, and I love it :)

Cocoa

So, I've been absent for a while - hi everyone! No bingo numbers today, but Merengue is moving out of my JP town (ケーキ) if anyone would like to have her. I can't open my gates until another few hours though.

I also have the Sagittarius Arrow and Capricorn Ornament if anyone would like to catalog later today/tomorrow/whenever.

My village is "awesome/the greatest" yet I'm still not getting ten villagers. Huh.

From the OP...

I have 9 villagers, how do I get a 10th?
A tenth villager can move into your town under a few different circumstances:

-Campsite animals can be invited to move into your town.
-If a villager is packed up in another person's town, you can visit them and invite them.
-Randomly from a wifi tag-along from playing online or StreetPass. When a villager leaves a town without being adopted, they’re placed in a queue where there’s a random chance they can move to a new town via wifi or StreetPass. Only one villager is held in the queue at once and they eventually disappear after an undetermined amount of time. Some mayors prefer to refrain from online play/StreetPass when they have fewer than 10 villagers in their towns to avoid picking up a random villager in this manner. Also, the alt reset trick will not prevent a tag-along from moving in and potentially ruining your life.

From the OP...

I have 9 villagers, how do I get a 10th?
A tenth villager can move into your town under a few different circumstances:

-Campsite animals can be invited to move into your town.
-If a villager is packed up in another person's town, you can visit them and invite them.
-Randomly from a wifi tag-along from playing online or StreetPass. When a villager leaves a town without being adopted, they’re placed in a queue where there’s a random chance they can move to a new town via wifi or StreetPass. Only one villager is held in the queue at once and they eventually disappear after an undetermined amount of time. Some mayors prefer to refrain from online play/StreetPass when they have fewer than 10 villagers in their towns to avoid picking up a random villager in this manner. Also, the alt reset trick will not prevent a tag-along from moving in and potentially ruining your life.

Oh, I've been responded to with an OP quote. The shame.

Is it weird that I've never had any campers during the summer? Nor igloos during the winter, although I'm not sure if that's in this version. Edit: Oh, no campsite built. I had no idea it was functional.

Edit again: Oh no wonder I don't have Nook's best shop.
Would have never guessed I had to pass those fashion checks.

Westraid

Been trying to find stupid Renée for ages now so she can FINALLY give me some uchi pwps and then get the hell out of my town, but she just refuses to cooperate.
She's really trying her darn best to be a worse villager then Hippeux.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Should hopefully have this next week. Purchased it Friday but GAME are being bassas sending it.

Niraj

Been trying to find stupid Renée for ages now so she can FINALLY give me some uchi pwps and then get the hell out of my town, but she just refuses to cooperate.
She's really trying her darn best to be a worse villager then Hippeux.

Just save and quit until she's out of her house, then do the diving trick/do whatever for a bit.

milkham

if you talk to your villagers enough they will tell you about things like the locker, and then keep telling you, and telling you and telling you.

anyone wnat to come spin my snowman slots?

Frogstep

I have a snowman with no numbers yet if kami or someone else wants to come spin em.

edit: The spin'll have to wait for a few mins while I step out real quick. :p

Westraid

Just save and quit until she's out of her house, then do the diving trick/do whatever for a bit.

She just suggested the scarecrow after asking for a new catchphrace/greeting/nickname.
I hoped for something else, but with the scarecrow off the list chances will increase every day. And when I got the pwps I want I'll tell her to move to your town. ovo

Frogstep

Hmmm, seems like the snowtyke I built today disappeared. Must have been made in a bad spot. But before he was... killed? he did say he was going to mail me a letter. Is that still going to happen even with his sudden disappearance? D:

Niraj

She just suggested the scarecrow after asking for a new catchphrace/greeting/nickname.
I hoped for something else, but with the scarecrow off the list chances will increase every day. And when I got the pwps I want I'll tell her to move to your town. ovo

Nope. I had one ugly rhino already.

Hmmm, seems like the snowtyke I built today disappeared. Must have been made in a bad spot. But before he was... killed? he did say he was going to mail me a letter. Is that still going to happen even with his sudden disappearance? D:

I would assume so. Hopefully :(

milkham

i had a snowpapa disappear on me one day also, when i made him he sort of backed up between two trees i think maybe he was too close to them to stay. I thought the same thing was going to happen to my snowtyke cuz he ended up like this

nQhToqo.jpg

but thankfully when i came back he just moved over
B9Gnj6P.jpg

Frogstep

i had a snowpapa disappear on me one day also, when i made him he sort of backed up between two trees i think maybe he was too close to them to stay. I thought the same thing was going to happen to my snowtyke cuz he ended up like this

I looked all over town thinking that that's probably what happened to my tyke. I hope I still get that letter with an item tomorrow morning.

It ain't no thing if I gotta start all over since I got my snowman building shit locked down. :p

milkham

I looked all over town thinking that that's probably what happened to my tyke. I hope I still get that letter with an item tomorrow morning.

It ain't no thing if I gotta start all over since I got my snowman building shit locked down. :p

where did you bury him?

Wolfe

The same thing happened to my snowmam, although the game acted as though she was sill there as snowflakes continued to spawn when it wasn't snowing.

Also last chance for someone to snag Ruby from me while she's still in boxes.

No way the island insect populations support another 50 million bells worth of your nightly slaughter excursions. Everything of value will be extinct by 65 million. Max.

Niraj

I just need 50 of you to put out 1 mil each for me to pick up so I can get the 100 million bell badge and work towards the gold visiting badge too :p

loan me your 50 million then i'll loan you my 50 million

K, open up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom