• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weirdest thing happened to me. My gf asked Cookie to move in from my TTing town. Instead, Canberra's (a recent move-out from that town) plot showed up the next day. No Cookie.

But when I go to the TTing town to the day Cookie was in boxes, it says, "Moved Out." What happened???

You around bud?

Yeah, around for the next 5 if you are, then I'm heading to bed.

Just spent the night duping royal crowns.

qXYeHdC.png

Weirdest thing happened to me. My gf asked Cookie to move in from my TTing town. Instead, Canberra's (a recent move-out from that town) plot showed up the next day. No Cookie.

But when I go to the TTing town to the day Cookie was in boxes, it says, "Moved Out." What happened???

Odd. An invitation should always take precedence over a wifi pick-up. My guess is your girlfriend is the victim of an unusual case of bad luck. Presuming the invitation dialogue ran as normal with Cookie and it's the same Canberra (not a StreetPass pick-up), there's no reason the game should have picked the koala over the dog. I've never heard from anyone who picked up a villager from me and got the wrong one.

The Moved Out sign though isn't unusual. Even if a mayor invited two villagers in the same day (wherein the second invitation would overwrite the first), both houses would still say Moved Out but the first villager would just disappear.

Odd. An invitation should always take precedence over a wifi pick-up. My guess is your girlfriend is the victim of an unusual case of bad luck. Presuming the invitation dialogue ran as normal with Cookie and it's the same Canberra (not a StreetPass pick-up), there's no reason the game should have picked the koala over the dog. I've never heard from anyone who picked up a villager from me and got the wrong one.

The Moved Out sign though isn't unusual. Even if a mayor invited two villagers in the same day (wherein the second invitation would overwrite the first), both houses would still say Moved Out but the first villager would just disappear.

Ok cool. I figured it was bad luck.

That was the beginning of the end of my first "era" of playing this game. Once I had my house paid off and the police station built I ran out of reasons to play every day. Now I'm kinda back, though. Playing City Folk piqued my interest in this game again.

I was,however, literally anxious to reenter my town after three months...I thought there would be weeds everywhere* and new villagers all over the place but it hasn't been bad at all. Except for Hans moving incredibly close to my house and fucking up a main path. Asswipe.

*love that beautiful town ordinance...but I miss my shops being open late :-/

EDIT: btw, do all perfect fruits look different from the normal versions? I grabbed some perfect oranges while I was in that town, and they look physically different from the normal oranges. Maybe it's because I'm slightly colour-blind, but I can't tell any difference between my perfect pears and the normal ones.

Perfect pears look almost identical but lighter and "shinier". It's actually hard to tell the difference if they're not side by side.

Kabuki is supposed to be moving out soon. Heard from another villager and I won't talk to him to find out when because I really do want him to move onto another town. I accidentally demolished the bridge by his house trying to convert them to wooden bridges and now it won't let me build a new one because his house is too close. Gawddamnit town generator - you're the one that placed his house so close to begin with!

Elija2

Is there a relatively quick and easy way to tell if a villager is planning on moving out, besides looking for them and seeing if they come up to talk to you? Like if I jump into my town and see my favorite villager in a store, can I assume he has no plans to move?

Other villagers will mention if someone is thinking about moving away. That's the only other way to tell that I know of.

Roto13

Playing for the first time in a few weeks. Mathilda moved while I was gone and Katt is moving in. That makes three cats.

I think I'm just never going to try to make another snowboy. Maybe I can trade paintings for the snowboy stuff I'm missing.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Does anyone have snowmen in their village? I want to try to get a bingo but I have very little time to play and finding the snowballs to make snowmen is kinda frustrating for me

I built one today, if you want to spin the numbers let me know. EDIT: actually a friend just rolled a 42. Let me know if you need that one.

Playing for the first time in a few weeks. Mathilda moved while I was gone and Katt is moving in. That makes three cats.

I think I'm just never going to try to make another snowboy. Maybe I can trade paintings for the snowboy stuff I'm missing.

What stuff are you missing? I have a few extras: lamp, snowman head, carpet.

My ridiculous unicorn just handed over the last painting I needed for my art exhibit. I only just caught the end of Blathers' grand pronouncement because I thought I still had two to go. :/

Odd how a tiny town boasts such a magnificent collection of priceless works of art.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hmmm... the igloo is quite a nice looking item. May getting another one for symmetry if I ever decide to use it.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
My ridiculous unicorn just handed over the last painting I needed for my art exhibit. I only just caught the end of Blathers' grand pronouncement because I thought I still had two to go. :/

Odd how a tiny town boasts such a magnificent collection of priceless works of art.

Good job :)

Chopper

zlCfzRab6tYC7-XVW0

Cheers fishfish.

You'll be pleased to know that out of that ridiculous pile of gyroids I got... 11 new ones!

Not bad actually, and brings the number of gyroids I need down to just 11. I'll list them a bit later.

suzu

Is there a relatively quick and easy way to tell if a villager is planning on moving out, besides looking for them and seeing if they come up to talk to you? Like if I jump into my town and see my favorite villager in a store, can I assume he has no plans to move?

Simplest way to find out who is moving is: walk in front of the villager with no items (like furniture or clothes) or money on you. There is a high chance they will ping (!) and tell you if they're moving.. or not (you can get random requests like this too, lol).

If a villager is on main street or in a store, they won't ping at all. Just save + quit to reset their position and try again.

You can also talk to all the villagers and they might tell you that so-and-so is thinking about moving.

Roto13

I built one today, if you want to spin the numbers let me know. EDIT: actually a friend just rolled a 42. Let me know if you need that one.

What stuff are you missing? I have a few extras: lamp, snowman head, carpet.

I could use the lamp and the carpet, actually. I have the table, head, fridge, and snowman.

Elija2

I have some stuff to give away. Let me know if anyone wants any of this stuff:

snail clock x2
mush chair
mush stool
mush lamp
mush end table
gold fish trophy
western desert
lunar surface
summit wall
golden woman
stuffed stocking
snowman matryoshka

snail clock x2
mush chair
mush stool
mush lamp
mush end table
gold fish trophy
western desert
lunar surface
summit wall
golden woman
stuffed stocking
snowman matryoshka

Lunar Surface please! I'll get these when I get home in an hour. Can I put it on reserve?

Roto13

snail clock x2
mush chair
mush stool
mush lamp
mush end table
gold fish trophy
western desert
lunar surface
summit wall
golden woman
stuffed stocking
snowman matryoshka

I could really use the snowman matryoshka

milkham

snail clock x2
mush chair
mush stool
mush lamp
mush end table
gold fish trophy
western desert
lunar surface
summit wall
golden woman
stuffed stocking
snowman matryoshka

can i get my hands on that golden woman?

Chopper

Right. I need 11 gyroids. If anyone comes across any of the following, I will pay generously for them:

Tall Buzzoid
Dekkoid
Mini Echoid
Mini Fizzoid
Tall Gargloid
Mini Harmonoid
Mini Lullaboid
Mega Oboid
Tall Percoloid
Tall Puffoid
Mega Sputnoid

That's it. How exciting.

Collete

If you're online now, I'm opening my gate for you. I have the mega sputonoid and tall gargloid.
Just grabbing one of them from Club LOL.
Friend code is in my profile.

Edit: My bad it's not gargloid, just sputnoid.

zlCfzRab6tYC7-XVW0

Cheers fishfish.

You'll be pleased to know that out of that ridiculous pile of gyroids I got... 12 new ones!

Not bad actually, and brings the number of gyroids I need down to about 10. I'll list them a bit later.

Not a bad amount really. Chuck the last ten up in a MoriDB page so we can check as we find them.

z2OJfyG.jpg

EDIT:

No worries. Thankyou!

Down to just 5 gyroids now!

Tall Buzzoid
Mini Echoid
Mini Fizzoid
Tall Gargloid
Mega Oboid

OH MY!

Frogstep

I'm getting rid of my gyroids so I'll see if I have any that you need, Chopper. :O

edit: Looks like all of those except the mini echoid. 4 out of 5 ain't bad. :p

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I randomly picked up Rhonda and Mathilda. They seem a bit strange, but hopefully will encourage Merengue and Bill to GTFO.

Elija2

I've had a free space in my town for weeks now. I've Streetpassed a couple people and went online many times but the space won't fill. I'm kinda glad because I don't want a random villager moving in, but I've gotten almost no villagers in my campsite. I've been doing the new-character trick so it's technically been generating that stuff twice each day and even then the campsite is always empty. What's the point of the campsite when it's empty the majority of the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom