• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've plugged nearly 200 hours into this game since getting it on launch day. It started off like crack; I couldn't get enough. Then it became a daily habit to pick up and play it. It turned my 3DS XL into an "Animal Crossing Machine" with me neglecting all of the other games I have (STILL need to finish Luigi's Mansion).

I feel a strange, OCD type of obligation to this game. Like, if I'm picking up my 3DS that's the game I have to boot up.

Lately visits to my town have been pretty infrequent, maybe a couple times a week.

I'm just wondering...what are the larger consequences of not visiting your town for a very long period of time?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
So I've plugged nearly 200 hours into this game since getting it on launch day. It started off like crack; I couldn't get enough. Then it became a daily habit to pick up and play it. It turned my 3DS XL into an "Animal Crossing Machine" with me neglecting all of the other games I have (STILL need to finish Luigi's Mansion).

I feel a strange, OCD type of obligation to this game. Like, if I'm picking up my 3DS that's the game I have to boot up.

Lately visits to my town have been pretty infrequent, maybe a couple times a week.

I'm just wondering...what are the larger consequences of not visiting your town for a very long period of time?

Worst case somebody moves out on you. If you're checking every couple days though, you're probably fine as long as somebody mentions moving to you. Other than that, maybe some weeds and dead flowers if you don't have beautiful town as your ordinance.

MILKFISH PRODUCTIONS PRESENTS IN COOPERATION WITH HAMMONKEY INDUSTRIES:

So me and Milk just duped six spare 7-11 sets.

Free to the first 6 people who need them, I guess.

EDIT: Milk and I.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Just checked a European Nintendo Zone and got a kagamimochi

http://animalcrossing3d.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/kagami-mochi.png
Didn't they send that out in a letter around Christmas?

I'd be perfectly happy to just catalogue it when the time comes.

SoulUnison

Banned
Anybody having a miracle turnip price right now?

I bought last week for 98 Bells and she went slowly lower and lower all week. Now it's at 50-something...

Wouldn't also mind making some "best friends." I'm 25, male, and I pop on at least for about a half hour every morning to do my flowers, weeds, fossils, etc.

Mayor James of Zenohm.

Elija2

Worst case somebody moves out on you. If you're checking every couple days though, you're probably fine as long as somebody mentions moving to you.

I dunno, there are people who play every day and are still surprised when their favourite villager is suddenly in boxes. Of course, there is the trick you can do to prevent anybody from moving out if you want to stop playing for long periods of time.

If there's any left I'd love to have them.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I dunno, there are people who play every day and are still surprised when their favourite villager is suddenly in boxes. Of course, there is the trick you can do to prevent anybody from moving out if you want to stop playing for long periods of time.

"[...]you're probably fine as long as somebody mentions moving to you."

Oxx

It has been pretty quiet in my town recently. I've just been stocking-up on Perfect Oranges for the apocalypse. I had to sell 75% of my accumulated tat just to make room.

backlot

I just finished collecting all the snowboy items and now I want to get rid of them. Does anybody here want them? They're just going to Re-Tail otherwise.

Krelian

I just finished collecting all the snowboy items and now I want to get rid of them. Does anybody here want them? They're just going to Re-Tail otherwise.
I'll take some before you throw them away. I still need the following items:
Snowman
Snowman Bed
Snowman Carpet
Snowman Dresser
Snowman Fridge
Snowman Table
Snowman Vanity

Can I visit you to get them?

Velcro Fly

Yep I definitely reset when I don't make a perfect snowboy. I seriously hate doing that but I hate making these things even more.

I've been using the little card that comes with shipped Club Nintendo stuff as a guide. It helps a lot but sometimes white snowball on white snow pattern makes it really hard to see.

Anyone want Kabuki? He's in boxes today...

And I'm torn. Want to cat the 7-11 set but I'd feel really dirty because I know it's duped instead of "don't ask, don't tell".

Is he still available? :)

Sure, would be another cat in town, but why not? :)

Oh yeah! I can open up in a minute for ya if you want. Would be nice to see him go to a good town than just disappear into where ever that place is when they don't go to a town. I imagine it's a lot like Final Fantasy...

Could I have a set if there is one to still spare?

Me me me.

Oh! Me! If there's still a spare lying around, please me! :D

Whenever it is convenient for you to open your town. I kind of assumed you'd get the names first and just open your town for people to pick up there sets and go.

Still just want to catalog them?

If there's any left I'd love to have them.

5?

And I'm torn. Want to cat the 7-11 set but I'd feel really dirty because I know it's duped instead of "don't ask, don't tell".

The worse part is when we were duping the first lot our butts accidentally touched and then we got butt stuff all over the set and then cloned the butt stuff covered versions and now everyone gets a filthy set covered in butt stuff and I really shouldn't have tell'd everyone that part.

Ok since there's some interested in the sets I'd prefer to just dupe them as we go for everyone, ie: after I drop it off you just end the session and I'll do the switch flick. If it works we both get a copy, if it doesn't you keep your copy because I already have enough in reserve.

Assuming you don't have a moral objection to duping because that is silly. We'll start with whoever replies first I guess.

I'll take any snowboy pieces from my wishlist you have left.

Redd is selling a legit solemn painting in my town if anyone wants it.

Sure.

EDIT: Also peppy Gabi should be in boxes today.

Oh yeah! I can open up in a minute for ya if you want. Would be nice to see him go to a good town than just disappear into where ever that place is when they don't go to a town. I imagine it's a lot like Final Fantasy...

Ok, sure. :) Give me a minute.

Oh, milkham, still have the stuff. I can come bring it after this?

Oh wow. I didn't realize that once someone talks to a moving villager, their house automatically gets locked up. *chuckles* Bye bye, Kabuki! You were a great kitty... one of my Nagrand originals.

Now I can build that damn bridge tomorrow.

ngower

Long story short: I had to get rid of my 3DS late last year, and with it my digital copy of AC:NL. I may be coming into a 3DS in the near future, and am considering AC:NL as my only game for a while. However, I'm worried I might find restarting monotonous and ultimately find the game un-fun. Am I reading too far into it? Has anyone ever restarted their game, intentionally or not? Any thoughts in retrospect?

Frogstep

Yeah sorry had a shower. Around for a few hours if you come back on line. I'll drop the first few sets off instead of duping, gonna need to make space.

I have a villager moving today so if they'd hop into your town, keep that in mind.

I'm at full 10 so I'll be fine, I think. I'm here if you wanna come by. I'll have my gates opened up. :)

edit: Small delay in my timing but I'm open now! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom