• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caught a Loach and Spider Crab today, and with that, my museum is complete! :D

I've never done that before in an Animal Crossing, so I'm pretty happy. Also, no more diving!!! (I really hope they make it more interesting in the next AC.)

Linius

That's really tough to quantify. My activity log time is probably a mess considering how much idle+leaving gates open time I've accumulated without actively playing. I will say that the most difficult ones to get were the 5k fish one because fishing is slow and miserable, 1k diving, because it's diving, 5k island medals, which basically was a lot of grinding/waiting for elite scavenger hunt, and the money one, because milkham and I combined our money and it took forever. These days I would say the visitors and visiting ones would be pretty tough since less people are actively playing.

I think I did the island ones about every night for a week and a half maybe? Fishing maybe a bit longer, I was catching 200 a night (12 full inventories+8) and stopping. Bugs were pretty easy since I had caught a lot from stocking up on money. It really wasn't that bad once I set smaller goals for myself. Diving, for example, I got the silver for without really thinking about it. When I wanted to get the gold out of the way, I would catch 100 a night, so just 8 nights of that (actually it was a bit less, but you get the idea). It also helped to do something else at the same time so I didn't lose my mind lol.

Yeah if you plan your activities and stick with it by catching fish for let's say one hour straight each night it does become more managable I guess. If you just look at the numbers you want to give up right away :p

Frank showed up in my campsite today, and I asked him to move in.

this will be my second eagle. i seem to be doubling up with species quite a bit, with 2 hamsters, 2 squirrels and now 2 eagles.

You did good, Frank is a bro.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
We're not worthy Niraj. Out of curiosity, did you write a proper letter every time?
I guess I'll have to turn off beautiful town one day so I can get the wedding badge.

Oxx

We're not worthy Niraj. Out of curiosity, did you write a proper letter every time?
I guess I'll have to turn off beautiful town one day so I can get the wedding badge.

I want a 'wedding' badge.

Bubbles and I, joined in holy matrimony. Gold.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Usually when a villager moved in I would send a lengthy welcome, mostly so I wouldn't feel like an ass when they would show me the letter again. The other ones usually came from mailing furniture, and the message was usually something like "Enjoy the gift, friend," "fix your house," "class yourself up," or "nice try, but you're keeping this." Then if I had leftover stationary I would send something goofy on the off chance that they would show them to visitors.

Speaking of that last bit, I miss Galactic Fork's letters. She would always visit and send Drago letters about how dragons were imaginary and that he wasn't fooling anyone. Those were great. I think the badge only counts letters you send to your own villagers though. Ten characters or more.

Roto13

So what's the deal with Festivale? Is there anything I need to do to prepare?

I bought that feathery hat thing and a tank top to wear.

Roto13

zlCfzRkzR2809b8x-F

My Animal Crossing character is significantly more stylish and cool than my actual real life self and it makes me feel kind of bad about myself?

Woke up to do my Sunday routine of finding fossils and buying nips and I discovered Sally is moving in. I don't have too much a of problem with her specifically but she dropped her house directly in the path I was making to go to my campsite and the mayor's office. She's the first villager with the balls to go there.

That said, the first moment she offers to go - she can scoot for ruining my flow.
Premium on Perfect Peach today.
I don't need peaches but I'll throw it out there that I have p.oranges I'd like to sell so if anyone ends up with a special on those, please let me know.
zlCfzRkzR2809b8x-F

My Animal Crossing character is significantly more stylish and cool than my actual real life self and it makes me feel kind of bad about myself?
You can work on that, ya know. *chuckles* You have the talent to pick stuff out - just need access to the goods. :p

Oh, I forgot to mention that I picked up an extra sloppy stereo yesterday. If anyone has any spare sloppy they'd like to swap, let me know. Currently I need everything expect the dresser, stereo, and flooring. (I think I said wallpaper before but I double checked and it's floor). Also have a cardboard chair and cardboard couch for trade for sloppy stuff.

Collete

Hot damn...that's twice in a row these past two weeks that Apollo asked to leave =_=
I've been super nice to Robin and Agnes and none of them have asked to move! Gah!

Collete

I have some unorderable stuff to give away if anyone wants them:

bubble wand
western desert
skyscraper wall
summit wall
sci-fi floor
snowman sofa
slalom gate

I'll take it but...

I was looking up what the bubble wand was and I got this picture from the Animal Crossing wiki:

feAb5Yn.jpg

Nope not terrifying at all, folks!

I have some unorderable stuff to give away if anyone wants them:

western desert
skyscraper wall
summit wall
sci-fi floor
snowman sofa
slalom gate

I checked the full Saharah list and I'm still missing a ton of them, so I'll take the western desert, summit wall and sci-fi floor if that's ok. What can I give you in exchange?

Stat!

Congrats to those that filled out their museum. Really wish I hadn't taken a break in Sept/Oct/Nov as those are the only ones I'm missing but at least I won't have to dive again.

Festivale is tomorrow. I really need Frank to give me his bridge public works project. Still haven't had a camper in a week which is lame too (for a 10th villager).

MicH

Gotten quite a few items so far. Feathers are quite hard to get ahold of in the beginning, but your collection quickly grows afterwards. Be sure to visit the neighbours that are inside their houses :D

Already got an extra Pavé Table that will be up for trade

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Gotten quite a few items so far. Feathers are quite hard to get ahold of in the beginning, but your collection quickly grows afterwards. Be sure to visit the neighbours that are inside their houses :D

Already got an extra Pavé Table that will be up for trade
Hmm... guess I'm handicapped since three villagers are AWOL thanks to Bonbon's B-day.

MicH

Hmm... guess I'm handicapped since three villagers are AWOL thanks to Bonbon's B-day.
Oh, really? That sucks :/ The villagers have been helping me A LOT

EDIT OOOH! Just ran into Phineas who gave me the 500 hour badge! YAY :D

Zero_IYAD

Ok, seems like this is the whole list:

Pavé Bed
Pavé Bookshelf
Pavé Bureau
Pavé Chair
Pavé Chest
Pavé Closet
Pavé End Table
Pavé Floor
Pavé Lamp
Pavé Sofa
Pavé Table
Pavé Wall
Pavé Clock

I still need a Pavé Chair, if anyone has an extra let me know
I got a few duplicates myself : )

Robin64

There's nothing obnoxious about the event today, right? Can just go round, at your own pace, with a net, catching things. No chance of items being turned into other crap, or villagers stealing stuff, or having missed buying something you need for this..

Chopper

There's nothing obnoxious about the event today, right? Can just go round, at your own pace, with a net, catching things. No chance of items being turned into other crap, or villagers stealing stuff, or having missed buying something you need for this..
Nope. Although, if you lose at minigames with villagers, they'll take a feather. As far as I'm aware, Pave hangs round til 6am tomorrow too.

Zero_IYAD

Been running it for the past 2 hours:
- Neighbors can be helpful with their trades or winning the games they suggest..
You'll lose a feather if you lose a game tho.
- Looks like Able Sisters got a few exclusive pieces today -3 to be precise-.
- Rainbow feathers are super rare & Pave will trade one for a random item of his set.. I only caught 2 in 2 hours!
- Pave's set has 13 items.. & the bastard will give you tons of duplicates, so don't bother exchanging with him for so long.. just trade your extras here.

Pretty much that's it : )

MicH

I still need the chest, closet, wall and floor. I have like four extra tables, and 3 beds. Stop giving me the same items Pavé :(

Linius

Oh Festivale is a one day festival. I was under the impression it was running for a longer time for some reason. Since it's just a regular working day for me I have no time to run around for hours. Is it a day off in the US or something that they such a time consuming event on a week day?

Oxx

Yeah, I probably won't have that much time to party - down after work.

Luckily I'm not trying to get everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom