• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wow way to go! I had yesterday to try and get a shrimp and I didn't even bother to don my wetsuit. That's why I don't deserve a full collection.

Oxx

I changed my ordinance from the early morning one. I'm not used to all the shops being closed in the morning.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Wow way to go! I had yesterday to try and get a shrimp and I didn't even bother to don my wetsuit. That's why I don't deserve a full collection.

Thanks lol. In your defense, diving is absolutely miserable.

MicH

Woah, congrats Niraj!

My collection will forever miss the Tarantula and Scorpion as I can't catch them. You guys have no idea how many times I tried last summer. I can't :(

Yay, museum is complete. :D

Though the last critters were really easy to catch... Didn't even take two minutes...

Oh well, now there is still some DLC to get. :D

Chopper

What an exciting day! Got the Loach and Spider Crab, so I should be finished, but for that pesky pondskater. When can we expect our fishing rods?

More exciting was a reason to go into the Emporium! Stuff to buy!

Also, my dirt paths are definitely taking shape again already. That means, along with all the green and butterflies, Buckland is looking pretty fantastic at the moment.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thanks lol. In your defense, diving is absolutely miserable.
Yep, once I got the pirate stuff my diving activities went downhill fast. Even the game seems to acknowledge it since you did to dive far less to get the diver badge. I mean even I have silver in that and yet despite all my bug catching and fishing I only have bronze for those. Once I catch my last fish today my incentive to fish will be even less so apart from the tournaments my incentive to fish will be even less. Who know if I will ever get silver for that.

Westraid

*rolls around in Princess bed (in Gracie's store because I'm broke as back mountain)*
FINALLY

Grats Niraj! :D
Checked my own encyclopaedia and won't get my own museum complete until September.
March does give me a chance to get a bunch I missed or didn't get to catch earlier.

Linius

So I can finally complete my fishing catalogue then huh.
Nope, be damned king salmon.

I saw carnivale is coming up, maybe time to do some more New Leaf then.

Does anyone have a list of the bugs and fish that are new to March i.e. weren't around last month?

Not 100% accurate, but it's close.

Bugs:
  • Common Butterfly
  • Flea
  • Honey Bee
  • Lady Bug
  • Peacock Butterfly
  • Spider
  • Tiger Beetle
  • Tiger Butterfly
  • Yellow Butterfly

Fish:
  • Barred Knifejaw
  • Char
  • Cherry Salmon
  • Loach
  • Rainbow Trout
  • Tadpole

Deep-Sea:
  • Spider Crab

789shadow

Banned
Not 100% accurate, but it's close.

Bugs:
  • Common Butterfly
  • Flea
  • Honey Bee
  • Lady Bug
  • Peacock Butterfly
  • Spider
  • Tiger Beetle
  • Tiger Butterfly
  • Yellow Butterfly

Fish:
  • Barred Knifejaw
  • Char
  • Cherry Salmon
  • Loach
  • Rainbow Trout
  • Tadpole

Deep-Sea:
  • Spider Crab
Thanks a ton.

However, I'm pretty sure the Barred Knifejaw and Tiger Beetle were on the island.

Chopper

I've finally taken down the Jingle decorations. It's about time.
Yeah, the (amazing) Christmas jumpers I currently have in Ables are a little off-season. If anyone has any inspiring designs with which I can replace them, let me know!

Congratulations to everyone finishing their encyclopedias. :)

Not a fan of the new Gracie stuff but I am happy to see butterflies fluttering around again. Edit: Fleas slightly less so.

Collete

Even if your own family forgets your birthday, at least your Animal Crossing neighbors remember:

tumblr_n1rk4gKvFh1si5npho1_400.jpg

Niraj

Woah, congrats Niraj!

My collection will forever miss the Tarantula and Scorpion as I can't catch them. You guys have no idea how many times I tried last summer. I can't :(

Thanks dude. And yeah, I remember that :( so many people had trouble with the scorpion. The worst was when a villager would ask for one...nope.

Yay, museum is complete. :D

Though the last critters were really easy to catch... Didn't even take two minutes...

Oh well, now there is still some DLC to get. :D

Way to go :)

Yep, once I got the pirate stuff my diving activities went downhill fast. Even the game seems to acknowledge it since you did to dive far less to get the diver badge. I mean even I have silver in that and yet despite all my bug catching and fishing I only have bronze for those. Once I catch my last fish today my incentive to fish will be even less so apart from the tournaments my incentive to fish will be even less. Who know if I will ever get silver for that.

Yeah those badges are pretty high. Bugs I could see somebody naturally getting if they go to the island for money, but there's not much incentive to fish.

I found diving pretty relaxing.

:(

*rolls around in Princess bed (in Gracie's store because I'm broke as back mountain)*
FINALLY

Grats Niraj! :D
Checked my own encyclopaedia and won't get my own museum complete until September.
March does give me a chance to get a bunch I missed or didn't get to catch earlier.

Thanks :) you could always wait for the end of spring to buy the princess stuff at a discount...

Congratulations to everyone finishing their encyclopedias. :)

Not a fan of the new Gracie stuff but I am happy to see butterflies fluttering around again. Edit: Fleas slightly less so.

Itchy itchy

Even if your own family forgets your birthday, at least your Animal Crossing neighbors remember:

Happy birthday! Hope you have a good one :)

Question: I just completed my fish collection apparently and donated the last two fish that I needed to complete my collection to Blathers. Does Blathers usually tell you if you completed your fish collection? I am still missing many diving creatures so I'm not sure if the diving creatures count?

Looks like pretty good company to me. Princess Unikitty compels you to have a happy birthday, Collete. :)

Question: I just completed my fish collection apparently and donated the last two fish that I needed to complete my collection to Blathers. Does Blathers usually tell you if you completed your fish collection? I am still missing many diving creatures so I'm not sure if the diving creatures count?

I didn't get any fanfare from him for completing it either. Just a message when I caught the last fish missing from my encyclopedia.

Elija2

Man, I don't have any room in my storage to keep the princess set in. The need to make an alt character is much stronger now.

Happy birthday, Collete!

Collete

Happy birthday! Hope you have a good one :)

Thanks! I'll do my best to! Gonna hopefully order something on Amazon and get some good cake!

Looks like pretty good company to me. Princess Unikitty compels you to have a happy birthday, Collete. :)

Yeah, they're my best villagers <3
And I thought I was going crazy that no one recognized Unikitty. It made me feel strange that I went to the Lego Movie and no one recognized Business Unikitty <.< Lol

Happy birthday, Collete!

Thank you :)

Awww yiisss. Got the Loach and crab today, so that means I'm all done with everything.

vzB8YXc.jpg

Just need a few more artworks and then my museum will be complete. This is the first time I've ever actually bothered to complete the museum stuff so I'm pretty hyped.

Also, not sure if anyone checked yet, but you can get the Sprout Table starting today from the post office. Pretty neat furniture piece.

5AovVmP.jpg

Gonna have to start moving my lovely stuff back to my mule's storage. I need some Pave in my life like now.

Niraj

zlCfzRkbBJUlWK7_bL

zlCfzRkbEaMC69uLd0

Two more gold badges this morning :) with that, here's my current badge status:

zlCfzRkbR2I7dzm3y8

Hopefully at some point through relays I'll be able to grab the bronze streetpass badge. Don't really expect to ever get silver or gold for that ever. Might be able to get the silver weeding at some point at least, though it's a ton for gold :/

Chopper

zlCfzRkbBJUlWK7_bL

zlCfzRkbEaMC69uLd0

zlCfzRkbR2I7dzm3y8

Hopefully at some point through relays I'll be able to grab the bronze streetpass badge. Don't really expect to ever get silver or gold for that ever. Might be able to get the silver weeding at some point at least, though it's a ton for gold :/
That's incredible. Congratulations man.

789shadow

Banned
I need to knock out as many of these as possible this month:

Bugs:
Bee
Ant
Ladybug
Longhorn Beetle
Scarab Beetle
Giant Stag
Fly
Spider

Fish:
Pop-eyed Goldfish
Tadpole
Loach
Char

Sea Creatures:
Sea Grapes
Turban Shell
Abalone
Clam
Pearl Oyster
Scallop
Sea Cucumber
Sweet Shrimp
Snow Crab
Horsehair Crab
Red King Crab
Spider Crab
Giant Isopod

Pudge
Ankha (the best cat of all <3)
Caroline
Apollo
Boomer (the cutest villager <3)
Agnes
Pashmina
Ken
Felicity
Edit: Oh yeah...Robin...~~

I like my group of villagers. They're unique in their own way. Boomer, the pilot penguin. Ken the gothic Japanese chicken. Ankha the pharoh. And Apollo, a rock and roll bald eagle. I think I got lucky all things considered.

Was working on my thesis so just got to these. So interesting. For example, thinking Boomer is the cutest villager. Somehow the penguins scare me a little, but I'm glad he's getting love!

Here's Bywater at present:

Ankha
Julian
Lucky
Goldie
Fauna
Chief
Rolf
Marina
Pashmina
Felicity

Last two are getting worked for PWPs and probably booted. Marina also will probably go. I have Bones, Zell, and Alfonso on ice in my TTing town . . .

And here's my gf's town (pretty cool choices imo):

Kyle
Fang
Whitney
Lionel
Biskit
Walt (original)
Sly (original)
Daisy
Butch
Melba

Thanks for listing your villagers all!

I didn't get any fanfare from him for completing it either. Just a message when I caught the last fish missing from my encyclopedia.
Ah, alright!

Just now, I completed the deep-sea creatures catalog, too. All's that's left for me are the insects. I think I'll have to wait a few months for that one, I missed the House Centipede...

Velcro Fly

I'm in my house for 30 seconds to change clothes and get my diving suit on and Ricky barges in. It's like damn I just want my 100% diving thing stop holding me prisoner in my house :(

edit: Got it! 100% diving :)

Niraj

That's incredible. Congratulations man.

Holy badges!

*Bow*

I only have two golds at the moment.

tumblr_n1rrinzkcp1rf96tno1_400.jpg

Lots of work to do.

Thanks guys :) and Oxx, at least you have one I'll probably never get!

Was working on my thesis so just got to these. So interesting.

I know your girlfriend is classy because she has Lionel, the true sign of a sophisticated mind.

Ah, alright!

Just now, I completed the deep-sea creatures catalog, too. All's that's left for me are the insects. I think I'll have to wait a few months for that one, I missed the House Centipede...

Just finished catching the last fish I needed! Just four paintings and four statues away from finishing the museum now.

I'm in my house for 30 seconds to change clothes and get my diving suit on and Ricky barges in. It's like damn I just want my 100% diving thing stop holding me prisoner in my house :(

edit: Got it! 100% diving :)

Nice going guys :)

zlCfzRkbR2I7dzm3y8

Already said, but congrats. While I knew there were some crazy players (not saying this as a bad thing), I sure didn't expect to see such a spectacular badge collection like this.

StreetPass badge looks tough though, especially if the relays only give one AC tag at a time. I'm lucky to have a silver badge like Oxx and I know somebody with a gold, so it's not impossible, but I guess it depends where you live.

Niraj

Already said, but congrats. While I knew there were some crazy players (not saying this as a bad thing), I sure didn't expect to see such a spectacular badge collection like this.

StreetPass badge looks tough though, especially if the relays only give one AC tag at a time. I'm lucky to have a silver badge like Oxx and I know somebody with a gold, so it's not impossible, but I guess it depends where you live.

Thanks :) yeah, it's a bit tough for me. Closest relay is probably around 10-15 minutes away for me, while the next closest is probably 10 minutes away from that one. Small town living lol. I usually get 1 or 2 per relay, which makes the 100 at least somewhat feasible. I think I'm about halfway there, or at least close to that. Usually if I'm hanging with friends we go to a bigger city 35-40 minutes away and there are 3 or so relays there, which isn't bad. A couple of my friends have Animal Crossing as well, so we usually make a point of hitting as many of those as we can. I should try to streetpass them more often, come to think of it...

I think if I really wanted to, I'd be best off going to Comic Con or something like that in Chicago (which is only about an hour and a half away) where I'm sure I could load up. But eh, lol.

Linius

zlCfzRkbBJUlWK7_bL

zlCfzRkbEaMC69uLd0

zlCfzRkbR2I7dzm3y8

God damn Niraj. That's one impressive badge collection, congratz. How many hours did it take you?

Niraj

God damn Niraj. That's one impressive badge collection, congratz. How many hours did it take you?

That's really tough to quantify. My activity log time is probably a mess considering how much idle+leaving gates open time I've accumulated without actively playing. I will say that the most difficult ones to get were the 5k fish one because fishing is slow and miserable, 1k diving, because it's diving, 5k island medals, which basically was a lot of grinding/waiting for elite scavenger hunt, and the money one, because milkham and I combined our money and it took forever. These days I would say the visitors and visiting ones would be pretty tough since less people are actively playing.

I think I did the island ones about every night for a week and a half maybe? Fishing maybe a bit longer, I was catching 200 a night (12 full inventories+8) and stopping. Bugs were pretty easy since I had caught a lot from stocking up on money. It really wasn't that bad once I set smaller goals for myself. Diving, for example, I got the silver for without really thinking about it. When I wanted to get the gold out of the way, I would catch 100 a night, so just 8 nights of that (actually it was a bit less, but you get the idea). It also helped to do something else at the same time so I didn't lose my mind lol.

Labrys

Frank showed up in my campsite today, and I asked him to move in.

this will be my second eagle. i seem to be doubling up with species quite a bit, with 2 hamsters, 2 squirrels and now 2 eagles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom