• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

I hope so though I don't think it'll be a big a move as here to California. That's really quite a change. How you like it there?
Much more expensive but overall less depressing. You don't realize how much constant sun plays a part on people's overall moods. It's a huge difference when I visit home.

---
I think I have declining nip prices so if anyone hits a nice price this week, gimme me a shout out. :)

Thanks, Elija!

zlCfzS8CDVMhmN6LXk

Wooo!

Turnips at 408 bells.
Haha! I knew if I took the 301, that would happen!

It's okay. I have my ABD now. The basement laundering operation with The Roost as a front is complete. I'll start making new villagers and moving them in soon.

zlCfzS8CHN4NqL2JQa

On a different note... somehow I missed the blurb from Isabelle that Bluebear was in boxes yesterday. One of my villagers mentioned she was thinking about moving but that's a little different than she's already packed and ready to go. I'm fine with it, really. She's been in my town for ages. Just odd because I don't normally miss out on their last day. Must have been too busy counting all these Bells. Haha

Man, I should've visited this thread sooner. Completely new to AC and I have tons of questions. Thankfully, a lot of stuff in the OP is a big help. I've played the game for about 10 hours and just completed the Dream Suite.

-I saw in the OP that you can plant Perfect fruit for better, more valuable trees. Since starting I've only had one Perfect Cherry and I sold it. Haven't seen any since. Are they just super rare or am I out of luck?

-I'm noticing in the OP about getting rid of villagers. So far, I've prevented anyone from leaving. Are there a limited amount of villagers available? Are there certain villagers I should get rid of to make room for others?

-Is there any benefit to keeping Bells in a Savings account? Do they accumulate interest?

-Are there any tips for fishing? I try to get those large fish (the ones with a big fin) for a lot of cash, but I've had really random luck. Sometimes I get it and sometimes, it's like I do it too soon or too late.

-Is there a good resource for town themes? My first town that I visited in the Dream Suite (REALLY should've written it down) had a great rendition of the Lost Woods/Saria's Song theme from Zelda and now I want to change mine.

-In the FAQ for waking up Cyprus, what does it mean by "Catalog"? I have saved a bunch of furniture and clothes I've acquired in my locker? Does that count or no?

-If I want to share my town (not much here, but I am maintaining several snowmen) and visit Gaffers I need to share my 3DS Friend Code, right?

-Almost forgot. How do Ordinances work? Do I pick one and only one and my town is developed from there? What should I keep in mind?

Anyway, thanks.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Man, I should've visited this thread sooner. Completely new to AC and I have tons of questions. Thankfully, a lot of stuff in the OP is a big help. I've played the game for about 10 hours and just completed the Dream Suite.

-I saw in the OP that you can plant Perfect fruit for better, more valuable trees. Since starting I've only had one Perfect Cherry and I sold it. Haven't seen any since. Are they just super rare or am I out of luck?

-I'm noticing in the OP about getting rid of villagers. So far, I've prevented anyone from leaving. Are there a limited amount of villagers available? Are there certain villagers I should get rid of to make room for others?

-Is there any benefit to keeping Bells in a Savings account? Do they accumulate interest?

-Are there any tips for fishing? I try to get those large fish (the ones with a big fin) for a lot of cash, but I've had really random luck. Sometimes I get it and sometimes, it's like I do it too soon or too late.

-Is there a good resource for town themes? My first town that I visited in the Dream Suite (REALLY should've written it down) had a great rendition of the Lost Woods/Saria's Song theme from Zelda and now I want to change mine.

-In the FAQ for waking up Cyprus, what does it mean by "Catalog"? I have saved a bunch of furniture and clothes I've acquired in my locker? Does that count or no?

-If I want to share my town (not much here, but I am maintaining several snowmen) and visit Gaffers I need to share my 3DS Friend Code, right?

-Almost forgot. How do Ordinances work? Do I pick one and only one and my town is developed from there? What should I keep in mind?

Anyway, thanks.

Hey, welcome.

-Just very rare after your first one. Somebody here with perfect cherries can get you some more though.

-You can have 10 villagers max. There's no real need to get rid of them if you like the ones you have, but there are different personality types. The game will provide you with at least one of each personality, and Public Works Projects are tied to specific personalities. So say you wanted to build a bus stop, you could only get it if an uchi personality villager requests it. Smug, cranky, and uchi villagers also can sell you paintings. Aside from that, it's personal preference based on aesthetics, etc. Here's a list of all the available villagers with their personality type if you were interested. Villagers with the same personality type will (re)use the same dialogue, so that could be another factor in keeping/getting rid of them

-Well for one it gives you more space. You can leave bell bags on the ground, but it counts against your perfect town rating. If you don't care about that, feel free. You do get 0.5% interest on the first of every month up to a maximum of 99,999 bells.

-Easiest way is to put the speaker up to your ear and press the button as soon as you hear the noise of the fish biting down (kind of a splashy noise). Eventually you'll get used to it.

-You can try looking some up, there are various tumblr pages like this one that collect them from people. If you search "New Leaf Lost Woods Town Tune" on Google, you could probably find one you like fairly easily.

-Eventually when your store upgrades there will be a catalog in the back where you can order items that you have picked up before. Certain items can't be ordered, however, and some are not stored in the catalog (Streetpass items, most consumable items, etc). So when it says 100 items need to be cataloged, it just means you need to have picked up 100 unique items.

-Yeah both of you need to add each other. Then it's as simple as going to the station and either selecting to open up to all friends or selecting the visiting option.

-Yes, you can only pick one, but you can change it whenever you want (but you have to pay a fee of 20,000 bells each time). If you find yourself only able to play later at night or early in the morning, pick night owl or early bird respectively. If you have a lot of flowers, beautiful town is best. Bell Boom can help with money concerns, as everything you sell will sell for 20% more, but everything will also cost that much more. Here's a page about them if you want to know more.

Hope that helps.

Elija2

Anyway, thanks.

Welcome to the community!

- Yeah, they're pretty rare. You could always grab some perfect cherries from someone else to plant in your town, but note that you can only plant perfect trees of your native fruit in your town.

- You can only have 10 villagers in your town and there are 8 different personality types so most people like to have at least one of each type. Other than that, just keep the villagers you like.

- You do accumulate interest every month (0.5% iirc, but the max you can get is 99,9999 bells). You'll also get special items in the mail if you deposit enough bells into your savings account.

- Try to just pay attention to the sound of the fishing bobber going underwater and press A as soon as you hear it. That technique helps some people. There are also silver and gold fishing rods you can get later on that help make fishing easier.

- I don't know of any good resources for town tunes. You could always try Googling the tune you want.

- There's a machine in the Nookling store (you may need to upgrade the building before it's there) that lets you browse your catalog and order things from it. Every item you've ever held in your inventory is stored in your catalog even if you no longer have it, although some items can't be ordered from the catalog even if you do have it. Also I believe it's slightly more expensive to order items from the catalog than it is to buy them when they're in the store.

- Yep, to visit people you both have to have each other's friend code. If you're in someone else's town and they have other guests over there's also an easy way to add those guests to your friends list in-game.

- You can only have one ordinance on at a time. Just pick which one you want depending on your play style. This page tells you what each one does.

EDIT: ^Curse you, Niraj! :p

Niraj

Thanks guys, if anyone wants to add me and trade codes I'm 3110 3908 1365

Like I said, not much to my town right row, but I do have a few Snowmen set up.

If you need bingo numbers, let me know. I wasn't available to let people over earlier for them, so I have 4 with unrolled numbers. Basically you just talk to them as if you built them yourself and you'll get a number from them.

If you need bingo numbers, let me know. I wasn't available to let people over earlier for them, so I have 4 with unrolled numbers. Basically you just talk to them as if you built them yourself and you'll get a number from them.

So if they're already rolled for the day, a visitor can't use them? If so I guess my Snowmen wouldn't be too useful right now.

Niraj

Happy birthday Koo(t)

This was in the PR for the Nintendo Download today:

"New Animal Crossing: New Leaf Items
Between Feb. 1 and Nov. 7, every two weeks Nintendo will release a new item that has only been available in the Japanese version of Animal Crossing: New Leaf. To get them, visit your nearest Nintendo Zone!"

Happy birthday Koo(t)

This was in the PR for the Nintendo Download today:

"New Animal Crossing: New Leaf Items
Between Feb. 1 and Nov. 7, every two weeks Nintendo will release a new item that has only been available in the Japanese version of Animal Crossing: New Leaf. To get them, visit your nearest Nintendo Zone!"

Thanks to Niraj explaining this to me, those of you visiting new here will have to visit any Nintendo Zone and simply download the item from their Wi-Fi.

HF2014

Hey wondering something. My game crash when i was on the other island. Read a bit on the internet and it seem im not the only one that happen. Is there a trick to make sure it wont happen again? Now i panic and save like every 30 minutes...

Thanks to Niraj explaining this to me, those of you visiting new here will have to visit any Nintendo Zone and simply download the item from their Wi-Fi.
Which includes loading up the game and going to the post office and choosing the option to ask about a present because it will not automatically deliver via StreetPass. I've had issues in the past too where it's taken a couple of tries. Best Buy was a huge pain in the ass for this back when the game launched. Lately it seems like, of all places, Home Depot has had the best luck (for StreetPasses at least). Just a heads up though that it'll require more effort than just picking up a latte. :)
Hey wondering something. My game crash when i was on the other island. Read a bit on the internet and it seem im not the only one that happen. Is there a trick to make sure it wont happen again? Now i panic and save like every 30 minutes...
The solo bug farming island?

Niraj

Which includes loading up the game and going to the post office and choosing the option to ask about a present because it will not automatically deliver via StreetPass. I've had issues in the past too where it's taken a couple of tries. Best Buy was a huge pain in the ass for this back when the game launched. Lately it seems like, of all places, Home Depot has had the best luck (for StreetPasses at least). Just a heads up though that it'll require more effort than just picking up a latte. :)

The solo bug farming island?

Yeah, I told him :p Home Depot is amazing for Streetpasses, especially on the Streetpass weekends. You can just keep clearing them out and getting more.

If anyone needs bingo numbers, I'm available.

Mugiwara

Neo Member
Hello, never posted in this thread before but I've recently been playing AC again. Would anybody be kind enough to let me come to their town to get fruits? I'm specifically looking for apples/peaches/cherries.

Also, is it possible to have more than one type of perfect fruit? Or is only only your native fruit?

FC: 2406-5138-6514

Niraj

Hello, never posted in this thread before but I've recently been playing AC again. Would anybody be kind enough to let me come to their town to get fruits? I'm specifically looking for apples/peaches/cherries.

Also, is it possible to have more than one type of perfect fruit? Or is only only your native fruit?

Sure, add me and I'll open up 2836-0258-6594.

You can only plant the perfect version of your native fruit. Otherwise the trees will just die.

Mine is in my profile. I'm still busy tonight but I should be around tomorrow during the day if you're around. :)

Sadly, I'm at work most of the day. The soonest I can take my 3DS online is about 7:30-8:30 pm PST or so. My next day off is Sunday. I'll be sure to add you though.

I've got plenty of cherries at my town. I'll add you too, but see above.

Niraj

I guess it is. I was on the second island, catching fishes and wanted to move back to town, and it crash giving me an error.

Is there a way to prevent it?

If you're doing it on an online island, there's not really much you can do. It just happens sometimes (and it sucks ass, trust me, I know). If you're doing it on your own personal island, that's kind of strange. Never really heard of that happening.

Sadly, I'm at work most of the day. The soonest I can take my 3DS online is about 7:30-8:30 pm PST or so. My next day off is Sunday. I'll be sure to add you though.
I might be able to pop on tonight if I don't end up raiding. :) I'll keep you posted.
I guess it is. I was on the second island, catching fishes and wanted to move back to town, and it crash giving me an error.

Is there a way to prevent it?
I hadn't heard of that either; never had problems on that island. The best I could suggest is turning off your wifi while you're there and see if that makes a difference. Maybe something with the island is wonky with trying to look for people on your best buds list.

HF2014

If you're doing it on an online island, there's not really much you can do. It just happens sometimes (and it sucks ass, trust me, I know). If you're doing it on your own personal island, that's kind of strange. Never really heard of that happening.

I dont remember if i was online or not, but i think my wifi was off. Seriously, if its happening a second time, i guess i have to call nintendo. Its the first time i see a 3ds game crash.

Top Bottom