• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Me being so stupid, that was taken like 2 minutes to midday. Posted on reddit, 2 people came in, upset that I lied, prices had changed.

Still hoped I could have got a ridiculous amount.

Much more expensive but overall less depressing. You don't realize how much constant sun plays a part on people's overall moods. It's a huge difference when I visit home.
That's what I hear.

Man, I should've visited this thread sooner. Completely new to AC and I have tons of questions. Thankfully, a lot of stuff in the OP is a big help. I've played the game for about 10 hours and just completed the Dream Suite.
Anyway, thanks.
Niraj and Elija already gave you the good answers but I just wanted to say welcome!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Calm painting at Redd's if anyone needs it. Available for bingo numbers too if anyone needs those.

Ayiyiyi. I passed my third Gracie fashion check almost a month ago now, and still haven't seen her since. Get your ass back here so I can upgrade my shop into a mega-conglomerate corporation! I need to $pend somma dat cash money, ms. giraffe.

Ayiyiyi. I passed my third Gracie fashion check almost a month ago now, and still haven't seen her since. Get your ass back here so I can upgrade my shop into a mega-conglomerate corporation! I need to $pend somma dat cash money, ms. giraffe.
Whoa. You're channeling your inner Mufasa there. :p

I had to wait nearly a month between visits after she showed up the first time.

Niraj

12255531856_dc6a7a4ff8_b.jpg

Groundhog day tomorrow for North America. You get one of these:
resetti-model.jpg

Amiibro

Is there some give away all week if I log on a McDonald's wifi or any Nintendo Network wifi? Thought I read that somewhere

Niraj

Is there some give away all week if I log on a McDonald's wifi or any Nintendo Network wifi? Thought I read that somewhere

Yeah, go in the post office and you'll be able to get an item while in a Nintendo Zone location. I heard it's a red ogre mask for North America.

Amiibro

Yeah, go in the post office and you'll be able to get an item while in a Nintendo Zone location. I heard it's a red ogre mask for North America.

Is it just one item or do I need to do it all week to get multiple items? Thanks a lot for the help.

Niraj

Is it just one item or do I need to do it all week to get multiple items? Thanks a lot for the help.

I think it's just one item every two weeks from now through November. If you want multiples of an item of the week you can go to multiple locations though.

Edit: Here's what the red ogre mask looks like (blue one too, I'm guessing we'll also get that at some point):

tumblr_mq7t1r2SPi1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

I heard that Europe got the buffet server which is a 7/11 item:
buffet-server.jpg

So seems likely we'll get stuff from Japanese holidays and events. Cool.

Dak'kon

Daaaamn I need to start going to Nintendo Zones.

Also I'm pretty sure I'm the only one still grabbing Snowmen items but if you are still building them then I'd like to come over whenever you're about Niraj. My Snowmen have been particularly mean recently :(

Niraj

Daaaamn I need to start going to Nintendo Zones.

Also I'm pretty sure I'm the only one still grabbing Snowmen items but if you are still building them then I'd like to come over whenever you're about Niraj. My Snowmen have been particularly mean recently :(

Still around?

Tendo

Is there still a way to get N zone gear without going to one? I remember at launch I could just change my network name to Bestbuy and it would work. Just tried it and no dice.

Edit: NVM - set your wifi network as attwifi with no security and it works.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Now that I have a N3DS maybe I'll make my old 3DS my New Leaf player and try to get back into the game a bit.

Playing on a different system doesn't affect things right?

It needs to be a Nintendo Zone, but you can just use Homepass to get it.

Well I've just stopped playing New Leaf for the first time since launch but was tempted to jump back in to start collecting these, so it's probably for the best that I can't get them.
I have to stay strong and beat this addiction!

Dak'kon

Maybe I'm dumb but I just can't get my home relay to work anymore. Are there any good guides out there?

Nintendo deactivated some of the NNIDs with the latest update apparently. Whereabouts are you from? The NNID NZ@McD1 worked for me in the UK although it was a bit temperamental.

I just set up a hotspot on my Android phone (that's an OS level option in lollipop so no need for extra software) with that NNID and no security (important). Then went to the homescreen, saw the Nintendo Zone app flashing and restarted AC and got the item from the PO. I didn't need add the hotspot as a wi-fi network on the 3DS or anything.

Hopefully this means we'll get all the 7/11 items :)

Elija2

Nintendo deactivated some of the NNIDs with the latest update apparently. Whereabouts are you from? The NNID NZ@McD1 worked for me in the UK although it was a bit temperamental.

I just set up a hotspot on my Android phone (that's an OS level option in lollipop so no need for extra software) with that NNID and no security (important). Then went to the homescreen, saw the Nintendo Zone app flashing and restarted AC and got the item from the PO. I didn't need add the hotspot as a wi-fi network on the 3DS or anything.

Hopefully this means we'll get all the 7/11 items :)

I'm in NA. I tried both attwifi and BestBuy and neither seemed to work. I'm also using my Android phone to make a hotspot but my 3DS doesn't seem to recognize it as a Nintendo Zone.

Dak'kon

I'm in NA. I tried both attwifi and BestBuy and neither seemed to work. I'm also using my Android phone to make a hotspot but my 3DS doesn't seem to recognize it as a Nintendo Zone.

Hmm... well looking around it seems that Nintendo may have patched out homepass/NZ for all of NA since patch 9.2 :/ So it might seem you're out of luck unless you can get to a NZ in the wild.

Are you around for bingo Niraj?

Niraj

Hmm... well looking around it seems that Nintendo may have patched out homepass/NZ for all of NA since patch 9.2 :/ So it might seem you're out of luck unless you can get to a NZ in the wild.

Are you around for bingo Niraj?

Yeah I can open.

Also, Heavy's Sandvich, I bought that calm painting for you the other day, so let me know when you're around and can grab it.

Get the Amiibo card of your favorite villager and they'll never leave your village XP

Maybe they could hang out in the main street equivalent or something like that. I don't know how they'll do it.

Prisoner

Yeah I can open.

Also, Heavy's Sandvich, I bought that calm painting for you the other day, so let me know when you're around and can grab it.

Maybe they could hang out in the main street equivalent or something like that. I don't know how they'll do it.

You open still?

Top Bottom