• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

piggychan

I got my final bingo item today so that means I managed to get all the snowpeople items this Winter. Thanks Niraj, I definitely wouldn't have been able to get it all done without your help :)

I bought 500k worth this week on a whim so I wouldn't mind if you could check tomorrow. I'm busy Friday and the weekend anyway so if I don't sell tomorrow then I won't be able to anyway :)

I checked online and it seems like the only holiday items the UK gets that NA doesn't is the Yule Log, Holiday Stocking and the Veggie Basket but some of the info might be outdated. Did you need any of those?

mine are currently 162 but re-tail will close in 1 hour

Kody might have been the quickest I've had a villager move in and out. I'm okay with it but he was only in my town for a month or two. WAS IT NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU, KODY?!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Kody might have been the quickest I've had a villager move in and out. I'm okay with it but he was only in my town for a month or two. WAS IT NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU, KODY?!

He's the one with the western themed house, right? Sometimes a cowpoke has just gotta ride off into the sunset.

I got my final bingo item today so that means I managed to get all the snowpeople items this Winter. Thanks Niraj, I definitely wouldn't have been able to get it all done without your help :)

I bought 500k worth this week on a whim so I wouldn't mind if you could check tomorrow. I'm busy Friday and the weekend anyway so if I don't sell tomorrow then I won't be able to anyway :)

I checked online and it seems like the only holiday items the UK gets that NA doesn't is the Yule Log, Holiday Stocking and the Veggie Basket but some of the info might be outdated. Did you need any of those?
Grats on the bingo stuff! You're better at it than I am! Haha! I gave 0 effort this year.

I do have all of those so I'm good there (in fact, I think I grabbed a yule log from you the last time I was over). I'll check in the morning and afternoon on my nips tomorrow though. Hopefully it'll be a good price.
Cleaned and thermal pasted, hoping things are better this time around.
Fingers crossed!
mine are currently 162 but re-tail will close in 1 hour
Let me know if you'll be around tomorrow for that Resetti model. Oh, and did you still have any sloppy stuff? Still missing a lamp and a chair.

piggychan

Grats on the bingo stuff! You're better at it than I am! Haha! I gave 0 effort this year.

I do have all of those so I'm good there (in fact, I think I grabbed a yule log from you the last time I was over). I'll check in the morning and afternoon on my nips tomorrow though. Hopefully it'll be a good price.

Fingers crossed!

Let me know if you'll be around tomorrow for that Resetti model. Oh, and did you still have any sloppy stuff? Still missing a lamp and a chair.

yea I will try and be on

Aghghghg!

I booted up my game this morning to find none other than Gracie herself! Ecstatic, knowing I only have one final fashion check to pass, I dash to my catalogue to order enough items and... all I have for her theme is a single shirt!

I'm guessing one item isn't enough to pass. The theme is "modern"... could I convince anyone to part with some modern stuff so I can upgrade my final store?

Since I already have the top covered, here are the rest of the modern options:

Dark Polka Skirt bottom Modern
Cloche Hat hat Modern
Gracie Hat hat Modern
Gracie Glasses accessory Modern
Oval Shades accessory Modern
Clogs shoes Modern
Stripe Shoes shoes Modern

It's a woefully short list, I know :(

I'm not sure if I have anything rare enough that the people still hanging around in this thread don't already have, but I can certainly check. I have bells to throw down too.

Niraj

I could order you the dark polka skirt, oval shades, and clogs if nobody else has any of this stuff handy.

Aghghghg!
I booted up my game this morning to find none other than Gracie herself! Ecstatic, knowing I only have one final fashion check to pass, I dash to my catalogue to order enough items and... all I have for her theme is a single shirt!
I'd pretty much be able to order the same stuff as Niraj but I wouldn't have it until 5 Pacific. I swore I still had Gracies hat and glasses but now I can't find them. :(

You guys are the best <3

Niraj, what timezone are you in? I'm in Central - but I'll be home all day and all night today.

If either of you are busy tonight, of course, it's no big deal - I certainly don't want to be an inconvenience!

Niraj

You guys are the best <3

Niraj, what timezone are you in? I'm in Central - but I'll be home all day and all night today.

If either of you are busy tonight, of course, it's no big deal - I certainly don't want to be an inconvenience!

I'm in central time as well. No problem, I can order them for you. Just try to post a reminder around 5 so I don't forget.

Friend code is 2836-0258-6594

Checked mine and I'm only at 55 this afternoon. This morning was 59. Hopefully someone else has nicer prices. :|

piggychan

Aghghghg!

I'm guessing one item isn't enough to pass. The theme is "modern"... could I convince anyone to part with some modern stuff so I can upgrade my final store?

Since I already have the top covered, here are the rest of the modern options:

Cloche Hat hat Modern

It's a woefully short list, I know :(

I'm not sure if I have anything rare enough that the people still hanging around in this thread don't already have, but I can certainly check. I have bells to throw down too.

I have never seen that appear anywhere in this game !!!

I've cataloged every item in the game and gotten the 100 million bell badge already. I'm good :p let me know when you're ready, I have your stuff.
Wow - what's your playtime?

I'll hop on the train to your glorious town (because now I'm curious to see it) in about 5 to 10 minutes!

The hell? One of the villagers I see regularly is packed up for some reason. He never told me he was leaving and I've walked by him everyday this week. I even send him presents every few days.

Is there anyway to reverse this?

Niraj

The hell? One of the villagers I see regularly is packed up for some reason. He never told me he was leaving and I've walked by him everyday this week. I even send him presents every few days.

Is there anyway to reverse this?

Once he's in boxes that's it unfortunately.

I have a bit of a personal story ACGAF. I was going to post yesterday but I just couldn't. I just feel like I have to share this somewhere and though I did see the "What was your first forum thread", I thought that since it all comes back to Animal Crossing, I felt I could here, with you all. I'll try to be make this as short as I can.

I joined my first gaming forum, GameInformer's, in 2007. One of the main reasons I did so was because most of my friends were losing interest in video games whereas mine was only growing and wanting to discuss them, I looked for a place to go and do so with others who shared my interest. I was subscribed to the magazine so I went there first. It had a size of a couple hundred users and it seemed so welcoming and close. Like everyone knew each other. I was new to forums and such at the time but I was very welcomed and began to fit right in.

In the summer of 2008 I got XBL (got my 360 in '07) and it was perfect timing since one user there started up game nights on weekends that anyone on the site could join. It was pretty great for awhile and over time, that forum really felt like a second home to me. In late 2009 the website was redesigned and it was bad. The forums became barren after the focus was put on commenting on news articles and use blogs. Most of the community left and stopped playing games as much but a small group of us stayed together and formed real friendships since. Some of us have even met in person. I truly feel these people who started as strangers have become my closest friends.

What does this have to do with AC? Well, yesterday I opened my mailbox in New Leaf and saw a letter to my future self that I had written a year ago. I immediately remembered what it was for. A year ago yesterday, one of those people, a guy who I met on that forum and in person, someone I considered one of my best friends passed away. He was just starting to get back into the series and I had designed him a Wind Waker tunic since LoZ was his favorite series. I was hit hard with feels and it took everything out of me reading that letter but when I think about this game and what the series has done for me, I can't be sad when I play it. It's one of those games that makes me feel better, makes me calm, makes me smile each and every time I play it.

Tried to keep it short but I needed to get that out. He meant a lot to me and this game was one of the many we planned to play together. It reminds me why I love this hobby because if not for it, I wouldn't have met those awesome people I now call friends.and how many of us can bond over something simple like video games. I feel better now.

First of all I wanted to say I'm sorry to hear the passing of one of your best friends, my heartfelt condolences.

That was such an eloquent post and I can only thank you for wanting to share a story that means so much to you with us.

I'm glad this game is there to offer you solace during this time.

Niraj

Sorry about your friend's passing. I'm sure that was tough to share, but thank you for doing so. It's nice that you'll always have Animal Crossing to reminisce about the good times you had. That's what's important in the end, the memories and experiences that you guys got to share with one another. That's one of the nice things about gaming, you'll always have that association, so every time you play a new AC game, it'll be like saying hello to an old friend again.

For what it's worth, you (and everyone else here) should always feel free to consider me a friend. I'm always happy to chat or play something with anyone should the need arise. You sound like you have a healthy mindset about it, but there will always be tough days, so feel free to lean on us should you feel the need to. Take care buddy.

Elija2

Thank you for sharing that, SmackAttack. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's passing, but at least you'll always have fond memories of him.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I spent that night with my friends playing Halo for him like we did last year. Like I said, I needed to get that out somewhere and I no longer feel like GI has a community but now I have GAF, and I have this community with you all, so I felt better sharing it with you. It feels better now but, man, I was a mess last year. I still remember getting the text from the guy who has basically become the glue of our group and the Facebook conversation with all of us afterwards. Again, to think that this was someone that I came close to not even knowing and yet I got to call him a friend before he left us.

Animal Crossing is just one of those games for me and what I posted before is one of the reasons it's in my top 10 of all time. The GC game especially was there for me for some tough times and I'm grateful for it (and for it bringing me over here to GAF). Again, thank you all. Heavy, I'll add you when I play first thing in the morning.

But hey, how about that New Leaf. Sylvia is moving out on the 13th.

Dak'kon

Such a touching story SmackAttack, thanks for sharing.

I wouldn't have met my partner of 5 years without our mutual love of games so I agree that they can have a hugely positive impact on your life beyond the enjoyment of playing them.

Remember the good times with your friend and the positive impact he had on your life :)

AC is just one of those games that make you reflect on life. Although the villagers and NPCs are just programmed in a certain way to react, it's just fun to see a villager go "!" and run up to you looking cheerful.

Looking forward to Valentine's Day in AC again!

Animal Crossing is just one of those games for me and what I posted before is one of the reasons it's in my top 10 of all time. The GC game especially was there for me for some tough times and I'm grateful for it (and for it bringing me over here to GAF). Again, thank you all. Heavy, I'll add you when I play first thing in the morning.

I really hope at least some of these stories make it back to the powers that be. People dealing with loss, depression, bullying, family issues have so eloquently (and often artistically) echoed these sentiments. I had the pleasure of seeing how a young girl going through bullying issues latched on to this game and it would be nice to know that the developers, producers, translators, etc. knew what kind of impact their creation had on others. Hopefully a good number of these stories make it back to them instead of just the "wah-wah boredom simulator" noise.

I'm always happy to see people finding some peace, SA. Glad you could find a bit of yours here.

I really hope at least some of these stories make it back to the powers that be. People dealing with loss, depression, bullying, family issues have so eloquently (and often artistically) echoed these sentiments. I had the pleasure of seeing how a young girl going through bullying issues latched on to this game and it would be nice to know that the developers, producers, translators, etc. knew what kind of impact their creation had on others. Hopefully a good number of these stories make it back to them instead of just the "wah-wah boredom simulator" noise.

I'm always happy to see people finding some peace, SA. Glad you could find a bit of yours here.

This is true in so many cases. My cousin who is very shy met some great friends and I've had the pleasure of seeing her bond very well with people who also enjoy the game with her.

Hey Smack, wanna do some island activities together? I'm game!

Niraj

Could someone open up so I can get some signatures?

Still need this?

Yup, people have a tendency to latch on to unimportant negatives instead of realizing and appreciating the positives. Not just with games, but with just about everything. Not that it's unfair to criticize things, but there comes a point where there's an unhealthy attachment to uncovering negative aspects of things, rather than being aware of negatives while also having a sense of understanding as to why you interacted with said things in the first place.

Thought this was neat... some hacked the Gamecube version of Animal Crossing so that they could insert their own 8Bit game in there.

[GCN] Animal Crossing hack that replaces NES game

Oh, curiously... anyone have an extra pair of Hero Boots around? Was thinking it'd be fun to streetpass people on Friday dressed up in the mask and Link's clothing but I gave my boots away some time ago and haven't seen another pair yet.

Top Bottom