• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

cress2000

I was having trouble getting the attwifi SSID trick on my router to work before, but Pelly gladly handed me the mask after disabling the router's security and setting it to channel 1.

Frogstep

Kept disconnecting while I was parked right next to a McDonalds. Can't get this ogre mask. Anyone have an extra they don't need? D:

Mik2121

I have the Japanese version of the game. After not playing for quite a few months, I decided to go back to it but for some reason it just won't boot up. It gets stuck on the 3DS logo screen that shows up before it loads.

I have tried deleting the game and redownloading, and also deleting the save file (... :(.........), but no luck. Any ideas of what else I can do? All my other games work.

Did you guys try Home Depot yet?
I have the Japanese version of the game. After not playing for quite a few months, I decided to go back to it but for some reason it just won't boot up. It gets stuck on the 3DS logo screen that shows up before it loads.

I have tried deleting the game and redownloading, and also deleting the save file (... :(.........), but no luck. Any ideas of what else I can do? All my other games work.
Oof. Aside from what you did, I have no idea. I've never heard of that happening before with any game. :| I'd be crushed. :(

Elija2

I've got some random stuff to give away if anyone wants them:

sparkling cider
vanilla soft-serve
pink pinwheel
bubble wand
Resetti model
chocolate heart

vHuFYdm.png

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Maybe call Nintendo if you can. I tried looking it up for you, but most people don't seem to have the issue resolved :/

:)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. Tammi was once again the sender of some chocolates this year.

At the very bottom of the eShop description there should be an option to Repair Software. Did you try that?

chumby

Neo Member
Good morning!

Can you stop by multiple Nintendo Zones and get 6 people in each? Or is it limited to 6 over the entire weekend?

ngower

Once the snow lets up, I'm gonna head out and pick up AC:NL for my new 3DS XL. Put significant time into my old game on my old 3DS, but I don't have that file anymore so I'm starting from scratch. Would any of you lovely, handsome, wise (oh so wise) people be willing to help me out with fruit?

P.S. What's this about Nintendo Zone...exclusive items or something?

Niraj

I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I miss New Leaf. I miss New Leaf GAF.

Hope everyone is doing well. :)

Hey man

Good morning!

Can you stop by multiple Nintendo Zones and get 6 people in each? Or is it limited to 6 over the entire weekend?

You can get multiple batches of people from different relays just like any other day. If you want a lot of people, just hang out in home depot for awhile ;)

Once the snow lets up, I'm gonna head out and pick up AC:NL for my new 3DS XL. Put significant time into my old game on my old 3DS, but I don't have that file anymore so I'm starting from scratch. Would any of you lovely, handsome, wise (oh so wise) people be willing to help me out with fruit?

P.S. What's this about Nintendo Zone...exclusive items or something?

Of course, fruit isn't a big deal.

They are offering Japanese event/holiday items every two weeks starting from the first of this month through I think sometime in November. Last week North Americans could get the red ogre mask, this week it's the blue ogre mask.

BokehKing

Banned
Just got a ds, how is this game, sounds like something easy and relaxing I would want to play, if the community is still active here I'm guessing people outside of here still play it?

I hope you like feathers, GAF.

Just got a ds, how is this game, sounds like something easy and relaxing I would want to play, if the community is still active here I'm guessing people outside of here still play it?

Yes, New Leaf still has a very active community of both new players and Stockholm sufferers longtime players.

This is the first day I noticed Gracie's sale has begun. I really want to complete the gorgeous set - last year I got the chest, closet, lamp, stool, and seat, plus the wall and floor. Which days will be the cheapest? I've got 1.35 million bells to spend.

Niraj

I missed the red ogre mask, thanks Nintendo.

Let's see if I'll miss the blue one too.

Try Home Depot if you have one nearby. I had a friend who couldn't get it to work at Best Buy or McDonald's, but Home Depot did the trick.

I hope you like feathers, GAF.

tumblr_n0ot5oR2v61sv6zdro1_400.gif

This is the first day I noticed Gracie's sale has begun. I really want to complete the gorgeous set - last year I got the chest, closet, lamp, stool, and seat, plus the wall and floor. Which days will be the cheapest? I've got 1.35 million bells to spend.

"during the last month of the season there will be sales, with 15% off all items starting on the 15th, 30% off on the 21st, and 50% off on the 26th." It's up to you whether you want to gamble on the pieces showing up on the last days.

Frogstep

Gave up trying to get a red ogre mask but if someone has one I can just catalog that'd be just a good. It was gonna end up in storage purgatory anyway. :p

Omg... Pavé... can't stop watching...

I've been such a GAF slacker this weekend. >.>

But hi everyone! We missed you Hours! Where have you been posting lately?

Frog, let me know when you'll be around so you can cat the mask.

Grex, we'll still be here when you decide to start playing again. ;)

Fucking Pavé, man...

That's heartbreaking :(

Not being able to back-up AC saves is such a serious flaw.
The repair option should be in system settings too, burying it in the eShop is a strange decision.

I agree. If that decision was made to cut down on cheating, it failed miserably since the game was broken wide open before it even left Japan. Let us back up our saves and just ignore the other stuff.

Sorry you lost your town, Mik. If you need help rebuilding, we can help you out.

Zing

Banned
I haven't played in over a month. Looks like I came back just in time. I've been running around catching and trading feathers with my daughter. I forgot how fun this game is.

Now to figure out which room will become Pave room.

MicH

I decided to play again today for the first time in three months. After cleaning up town I did my first errand. It resulted me in Marshal's picture right off the bat. He still loves me! (I'm a few days behind as I wanted to get my friendship up for Valentine's Day :p)

Zing

Banned
I was thinking the same thing.

Ok, my daughter and I have been running around getting feathers for hours. We have a dozen sofas, chests, bureaus... We've done at least four dozen turn ins... And received exactly one bed. Sigh.

I've not had a chance to do the event at all today. It's now 9pm and I need to charge my 3DS.

:'(

Secondly, in pursuit of growing up, I might give away my steam account. Out of the blue, how would I go about doing such a thing?

I've not had a chance to do the event at all today. It's now 9pm and I need to charge my 3DS.

:'(

Secondly, in pursuit of growing up, I might give away my steam account. Out of the blue, how would I go about doing such a thing?
Why don't you just hang onto it? Why do you need to pursuit "growing up" and what does that even mean?
I hate you stringfishes. I haven't seen a single one during the entire winter.
Haha... one of my villagers asked me for that fish the other day, said sure, and then I logged off because I wasn't about to keep staring the waters down all night.

Honestly, I use it as a chat client, I don't play the games I have on it and I have no desire to as well.

I'm trying to become a barrister and it's going to require a lot of work to get there. I shouldn't have time for distractions.

Prefer someone else get some use out of it rather than it lying dormant.

Not a single rainbow feather this year. Plus my villagers have become mind readers or rock-paper-scissors savants or something. Everyone's ripping me off.

Still a fun event. I like seeing everyone dressed up in their goofy hats. We need more hat-wearing events.

Honestly, I use it as a chat client, I don't play the games I have on it and I have no desire to as well.

I'm trying to become a barrister and it's going to require a lot of work to get there. I shouldn't have time for distractions.

Prefer someone else get some use out of it rather than it lying dormant.
Shouldn't but make sure you leave some option in there occasionally to unwind. :)

Top Bottom