• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
CGYKANsVAAELhYq.jpg

Be afraid.

sirronoh

I'm not sure I can do the card thing -- especially if the packs are random. That's borderline gambling and hoping you get your favorite villagers before you spend enough to buy a Wii-U :\

Robin64

Heh, yeah, it could get expensive..

At £2.99 a pack, the bare minimum if you get a unique card every single time (which will never ever ever happen, of course) you would spend £331.89 assuming every villager got a card. That's not even including special characters.

Now of course, you're going to get dupes. And probably lots of them.

Hmmm......

tiijj

Heh, yeah, it could get expensive..

At £2.99 a pack, the bare minimum if you get a unique card every single time (which will never ever ever happen, of course) you would spend £331.89 assuming every villager got a card. That's not even including special characters.

Now of course, you're going to get dupes. And probably lots of them.

Hmmm......

There are 100 cards.

tiijj

In Volume One.

That's a logical speculation but current information we have is that there are only 100. They could have planned 5-10 volumes with 100 cards each volume, which may cost a lot more than £331.89 even if you are super lucky and don't get any duplicates.. They could also release a new AC series of cards for AC Wii U (another speculations). Maybe for the NX as well. They may even stop with the cards and go with the amiibo or some sort of token/disc that looks like one of those youkai watch or discross.

Niraj

Here's the new stuff for this month:

bugs:

agrias butterfly
birdwing butterfly
centipede
darner dragonfly
emperor butterfly
firefly
goliath beetle
lantern fly
mosquito
oak silk moth
rainbow stag
tarantula
violin beetle

fish:

arowana
dorado
eel
gar
giant snakehead
hammerhead shark
ocean sunfish
piranha
saddler bichir
saw shark
shark

Zing

Banned
I'm not sure I can do the card thing -- especially if the packs are random. That's borderline gambling and hoping you get your favorite villagers before you spend enough to buy a Wii-U :
Like any collectable card game, you are intended to trade for what you want. So, yeah,mif you are a loner, good luck.

Like any collectable card game, you are intended to trade for what you want. So, yeah,mif you are a loner, good luck.
Considering how the Animal Crossing community has been, I fully except a lot of trading to be going on. I think it's fair though that some villagers will be rarer than others, and maybe not for actual printed amount, but just popularity in general - like Rosie. Some people will ONLY be collecting their favorites. That will be the rougher part of things. I hope Nintendo does manage to pay attention to that and print accordingly.

Velcro Fly

It will be nice to get a list of what is going to be in the set before I commit a wad of cash buying packs.

Pretty much no Hopper no buy for me.

I won't let any of my villagers move. Is this bad? Am I missing something? I'm attached to them

Except Blanche maybe. She called my wife a bell pincher so I told Isabelle she was rude. Now it seems like she's being extra nice just to be a smart ass

Well damn, I didn't check for about ~10 days and now Lobo left
D5Jy4CR.png

Didn't visit my town for 2 months, did Hazel leave? NOPE I talk to Jacques and he tells me he is leaving while Hazel just hides in her house. I'm okay with Jacques leaving but if Carmen ever left out of neglect I would wipe my town.

jts

...hate me...
Okay so after putting the game (and the 3DS as whole) away for many months, maybe more than a year, I've been back to the fever for the last couple of months and harder than ever.

Been cataloguing everything, got T&T Emporium, perfect town for 15 days and my golden watering can, working on my fish and bugs, and obviously art (but art is so... slow...), built many PWPs, police station, resetti center, working on my emotes (only missing the last one right now) etc etc.

Getting bothered from going to Kicks everyday when he almost never has something new for me anymore.

I'm lacking:

Socks
Brown socks
Black stockings
White ankle socks
Fishnet tights
Navy socks

Shoes
Mary Janes
Santa Boots

That's it.

Same goes for Nintendo items from fortune cookies. I have almost a complete Mario exhibit in a Museum room and an almost complete non-Mario Nintendo exhibit in another room, and then a room chock-full of spares (that I'm willing to trade).

Missing:
Hero's Cap (fortune cookie #8)
Fire Flower (fortune cookie #20)
Kart (fortune cookie #32)
Varia Suit shoes (fortune cookie #43)

Of course, have a bunch more of stuff missing, but this would at least finish my grinding for fortune cookies and going to Kicks, which would be cool.

If anyone wants to trade or sell the Nintendo stuff I'm missing, and trade, lend or sell the Kicks stuff it would be nice.

Also open to buy or trade (if you're interested in Nintendo stuff) legit art (only have 7 art pieces).

Velcro Fly

Almost the two year anniversary for this game

I still remember the night I started my town. Sitting around watching hockey with my family after getting home from Disney World. After throwing my stuff down I tore open the package the game was still in and opened it up and started my town. What a journey it was too. I was thinking about starting up playing again just for fun and not worry about what villagers I had. Just trying to fill out that achievement page. I miss the fish and bug catching fun of this game for sure.

Niraj

New Nintendo Zone item is the general's stool:
generals-stool.jpg
It's orderable, so if anybody doesn't get around to getting it, I (or whoever else) can order some.

Hey, today's the day, NA-ACGaf. Happy second anniversary of the New Leaf release! :)
Wooo! Happy anniversary, everyone!

Still playing. Not as much as I used to... but I still like peeking in on my town. :) Stopped Zucker from moving the other day too. I love you, Tako! never leave me ever!
Man, I have two rooms in my house that I just have no idea what to do with. Does anyone have any good room ideas?
Personally, I like combining two different furniture sets occasionally into one room and then accenting with non-set pieces. Obviously one will be dominate because of wall paper and flooring but it works out pretty well I think. Some rooms simply focus on one set (like my sloppy) and trying to make that look at awesome as possible.

Feel free to pop by and take a look if you want. Dream code is: 5000-2214-1399

Top Bottom