• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Linius

Just keep walking around. Maybe play with your headphones on so you can hear them even better. And well, general skills in catching them. What else can I say. Maybe ask Eudamonic for tips, rumour has it she's very good at catching these kind of bugs.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Just keep walking around. Maybe play with your headphones on so you can hear them even better. And well, general skills in catching them. What else can I say. Maybe ask Eudamonic for tips, rumour has it she's very good at catching these kind of bugs.

giphy.gif

Bison11

Man...I forgot how much I loved animal crossing. Just picked this up today and cant put it down. Paid off my initial 10,000 payment and have just been fishing and donating to the museum.

I just need to visit some towns to get some different fruit so I can start making money quicker.

piggychan

This stuff? iirc some bits appear as spotlight. The wallpaper and flooring can only be obtained from Saharah. While others can be changed at re-tail. I can order most of the set for you except the wall and floor. Or you can also get it from visiting peoples homes that appear in street pass.

HNI_0011_1.jpg

ShadowOwl

Okay guys, it took me over a year watching my girlfriend playing AC New Leaf but I'm finally considering to get it myself. I'm afraid... I'm not sure why though. Shall I just go to the store tomorrow and pick it up or stay away from it?

Never been playing any game in the series so far btw.

Bison11

Okay guys, it took me over a year watching my girlfriend playing AC New Leaf but I'm finally considering to get it myself. I'm afraid... I'm not sure why though. Shall I just go to the store tomorrow and pick it up or stay away from it?

Never been playing any game in the series so far btw.

I say if your interested go for it. Its not for everyone but its relaxing and you can trade stuff with your GF and visit her town. I have only played this one for a day, but Ive played every game in the series and they are great.

Niraj

I have the following art if anyone wants any/all of them:

beautiful statue
dynamic painting
moody painting
basic painting
worthy painting

I also have Redd today but I can't check what he has for about another half hour.

piggychan

if anyone is still doing the stalk's market you better msg me!

current nip prices are 556 but I think there is only 1 hour left till the afternoon prices kick in.

Zing

Banned
Apparently, I am missing Scarab Beetle as my last bug. The guide book says they are available all year. Online wikis say only summer. Please tell me I don't have to wait until next summer to complete my encyclopedia. Are they available on island year-round?

Niraj

Apparently, I am missing Scarab Beetle as my last bug. The guide book says they are available all year. Online wikis say only summer. Please tell me I don't have to wait until next summer to complete my encyclopedia. Are they available on island year-round?

You can catch them on the island. Trees in the middle area.

Zing

Banned
That is what I was hoping, and means the guide book is correct after all. It is the last thing I need for my encyclopedia.

Except, I don't have any regular trees on my island. Cleared them all for cash beetles! Guess I need to plant more.

Niraj

That is what I was hoping, and means the guide book is correct after all. It is the last thing I need for my encyclopedia.

Except, I don't have any regular trees on my island. Cleared them all for cash beetles! Guess I need to plant more.

Or just go visit a multiplayer island.

I missed out on the scorpion again. :(

To be fair though, my heart wasn't completely dedicated to looking. I've had a thousand of other things on my mind lately. I've maybe checked my town a total of five times in the past month. I keep meaning to play; just haven't found time. I did spend a little time playing HHD but even that I haven't touched since the weekend now.

Niraj

To be fair though, my heart wasn't completely dedicated to looking. I've had a thousand of other things on my mind lately. I've maybe checked my town a total of five times in the past month. I keep meaning to play; just haven't found time. I did spend a little time playing HHD but even that I haven't touched since the weekend now.

We'll look forward to your continued misadventures next year.

Linius

Tough times :p

Freshly delivered and out of the box today :p

0978AA81-4281-4987-A007-B2D30B3414ED.jpg

I remember the days players thought Tom Nook owned your soul on ACWW.

Nice pluche!

Cute reaction gif. Saved.

xinek

I've started putting down patterns for paths in my town. Googling around, there's conflicting information about whether the grass will wear under the patterns. Anyone have actual experience with this?

Also, if I go switch out a pattern at Able Sisters, the pattern on the ground changes! This happens even if I've saved the pattern. So, people with patterns in their towns have to keep those patterns in their "active" pattern inventory at all time? This seems crazy to me.

Niraj

I've started putting down patterns for paths in my town. Googling around, there's conflicting information about whether the grass will wear under the patterns. Anyone have actual experience with this?

Also, if I go switch out a pattern at Able Sisters, the pattern on the ground changes! This happens even if I've saved the pattern. So, people with patterns in their towns have to keep those patterns in their "active" pattern inventory at all time? This seems crazy to me.

A lot of people create extra characters just to store patterns for that reason.

Josh5890

Thanks for letting me come by Niraj! I'm a little closer to getting all the artwork I need.

I'm not sure what happened at the end. I tried to purchase the hot dog hat at the store and then the connection crapped out. I guess it wasn't meant to be lol. Thanks again!

Niraj

Thanks for letting me come by Niraj! I'm a little closer to getting all the artwork I need.

I'm not sure what happened at the end. I tried to purchase the hot dog hat at the store and then the connection crapped out. I guess it wasn't meant to be lol. Thanks again!

No problem, sorry about that.

Niraj

I think they're running out of ideas.

There's still a few region-exclusive items that they haven't given out so I don't know why they're choosing to distribute regular furniture instead.

I don't think the hot plate shows up in the store actually. There was something odd about it. Just an example, but you can see a bunch of people looking for it here

And yeah, if anyone needs a sailboat model, I have at least one extra.

Elija2

I don't think the hot plate shows up in the store actually. There was something odd about it. Just an example, but you can see a bunch of people looking for it here

Huh, I could have sworn I've gotten it plenty of times from villagers and such but who knows.

Kangi

Found out I lost Cube today, my favorite villager and one who's been in my town since the beginning.

It bites, but I can't play the game every day, and every time I checked in this past week he wasn't around. Half-tempted to stop playing now.

tumblr_modhg8wamQ1svf3yto1_400.jpg

piggychan

Found out I lost Cube today, my favorite villager and one who's been in my town since the beginning.

It bites, but I can't play the game every day, and every time I checked in this past week he wasn't around. Half-tempted to stop playing now.

tumblr_modhg8wamQ1svf3yto1_400.jpg

I kinda felt that way when wolfgang just up and left.. but now playing it every day again with a lil' passion especially now I got 2 of my dreamies.

CRKKAnQVEAAEUTQ.jpg:large

So now I got the full marine set thanks to the fishing tourney last Saturday and now have spaces for 2 items to place on that flounder table.

CRPsZc0U8AAIyDm.jpg:large

Does anyone have the following that I could buy/trade/take ?

love tester
ten billion barrel
boxed figurine
ultra hand
ultra scope
ultra machine
minature car
shogi piece

Niraj

Sorry to hear :(

piggychan

Can my friend get expressions from my town, Shrunk guy?

I don't even know if this is possible...

also that blowfish...Soon *rubs hands*

I managed to get hold of the new years eve items. But since I did some redecoration in my home the score fell drastically, The placement of the new year's eve items brought the theme score back up but still a little off from the old previous score.

CRZgB4gVEAMDiAA.jpg:large

also can I pester anyone for a full blue and pink pyjama set ?

Niraj

I am so gonna remind you on those XD

I actually ordered them for you this morning, I should have them now. Just let me know when you're free. I think we need to exchange friend codes as well? Can't recall, but if we do mine is 2836-0258-6594

piggychan

I'll be free in about 30 minutes. I can just open up and you can pop in whenever is convenient.

Edit: Oh, I just saw your status update. Just let me know tomorrow when you're free.

Sorry I'm reeling from man flu at the moment so last night I was dropping in and out of sleep.

Top Bottom