• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I'm glad you didn't then.

Btw, I love your avatar. Always makes me smile. :)

---

In other news, I've now encountered two scorpions and they have handed my ass to me. I'm really ready to just say fuck it with them.

I also called Lottie a skank and a homewrecker today for bumping Isabelle off the twitter feed.

You can do it, I believe in you.

Robin64

I guess these unlock with the cards? Or can we get Animal Crossing characters with the Villager Amiibo?

Really looking forward to Mario Maker, looks so fun.

Using the Villager amiibo only gives Villager. Not sure if the cards work, but people have been earning these other Animal Crossing costumes just by playing the game. Resetti, Reese, and Able are also in.

Niraj

Saw this in a separate thread:

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer launches Sept. 25 at a suggested retail price of $39.99. The set of 100 Animal Crossing amiibo cards, which are compatible with the game, launch the same day. The game comes with one complimentary amiibo card, so players can experience how to use the cards to bring additional Animal Crossing characters into the game. People who opt to download the digital version of the game in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS at the same price will receive an exclusive Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer HOME Menu Theme instead of an amiibo card. Cards are sold separately in packs of six at a suggested retail price of $5.99 per pack. A bundle also launching on Sept. 25 includes the game, one amiibo card and the Nintendo 3DS NFC Reader/Writer accessory at a suggested retail price of $49.99. The wireless NFC Reader/Writer is also sold separately at a suggested retail price of $19.99.

Chaos17

She will be soon mine <3

ac-isabelle.jpg

But I am so tempted to get that package too >_<

animal-crossing-3-pack-656x533.jpg

Nice. I received an e-mail as well.

BTW, if any EU peeps can't get a download code for whatever reason, feel free to send me a PM. I have a bunch of extra codes from attending various events (and another from this e-mail).

Tomita

So...I just got this game yesterday. Sort of confused as to how I'm supposed to get the SpotPass items?

I got a letter about the eggplant cow. So, I guess I have to find a Nintendo Wifi spot to get items, even though the Nintendo Zone program says it's no longer in service anymore. (This logic makes no sense to me. End your Nintendo Zone service but still make me find an old Nintendo Zone. Okay, NoA.) So I went to a Starbucks that I know was a Nintendo Zone spot in the past, but Pelly still told me an access point couldn't be found. The Internet was definitely working for my 3DS at the time.

So, uh...WTF? I barely used Nintendo Zones in the past because of inconvenience so I have no idea what's wrong, lol. Are they pickier about what store you use now? I don't have many "Nintendo Zone" spots around me. I thought all Starbucks and Best Buy's were okay, and...well, McDonald's was always a crapshoot for me.

3DS works just fine with the Internet at home, btw.

Niraj

So...I just got this game yesterday. Sort of confused as to how I'm supposed to get the SpotPass items?

I got a letter about the eggplant cow. So, I guess I have to find a Nintendo Wifi spot to get items, even though the Nintendo Zone program says it's no longer in service anymore. (This logic makes no sense to me. End your Nintendo Zone service but still make me find an old Nintendo Zone. Okay, NoA.) So I went to a Starbucks that I know was a Nintendo Zone spot in the past, but Pelly still told me an access point couldn't be found. The Internet was definitely working for my 3DS at the time.

So, uh...WTF? I barely used Nintendo Zones in the past because of inconvenience so I have no idea what's wrong, lol. Are they pickier about what store you use now? I don't have many "Nintendo Zone" spots around me. I thought all Starbucks and Best Buy's were okay, and...well, McDonald's was always a crapshoot for me.

3DS works just fine with the Internet at home, btw.

Spotpass items can't be downloaded anymore it seems, or at least there hasn't been a new one in ages. Nintendo Zones have apparently been hit or miss as of late, but Home Depot seems to have a high success rate for whatever reason. I'd try there if you have one nearby. I know specifically that most Starbucks have changed their wifi and most don't work as Nintendo Zones anymore. That's just from personal experience and things I've read.

Tomita

So locations are just a crapshoot... Okay, lol. I'll try around (didn't even know Home Depots were an options, thanks!) but I'm not going to go out of my way for silly digital items. I'll just bring my 3DS around with me when I'm out and see.

Kind of bites if Starbucks doesn't work at all anymore, cause that's the only option I know of around my college campus. I don't think I checked the McDonalds there yet, but that's literally the only other place to try. Yay for going to a university in the middle of nowhere. :V Guess I'll just see this fall, haha.

Might try the wifi trick at home people have done, but I never tried it before and never wanted to mess with my settings before. Hmm.

Elija2

Might try the wifi trick at home people have done, but I never tried it before and never wanted to mess with my settings before. Hmm.

It's really not hard at all. All I do is create a WiFi hotspot with my smartphone named "attwifi" and connect my 3DS to it. Make sure the hotspot is first out of the 3 connections your 3DS can have saved or else it'll connect to the other ones instead (assuming they're in range).

Robin64

Heh, you need to print those out so you can put them in places and then make an animal appear, rather than just seeing them top-down on your PC screen. :p

tumblr_mw8f2v4AOo1qzp9weo4_500.png

xinek

Hi -- I'm new to this game. Just started playing a couple of weeks ago. Right now, I'm mainly working on getting my flowers to make sweet, sweet flower love and also getting as many turnips as possible to launch new PWPs and outfit my house.

Has anyone else been using this wizard? It gave me bad advice this week: http://www.kurtboyer.com/guides/AnimalCrossingCityFolk/StalkMarket/

The turnip thread linked in the OP looks dead -- I seriously hope this game isn't waning, because it is absolutely awesome. Guess I'm LTTP.

Could anybody help me get some apples? It's the only fruit that I can't seem to get any luck with (I'd trade for any other fruit). Thanks in advance!

Tomita

Could anybody help me get some apples? It's the only fruit that I can't seem to get any luck with (I'd trade for any other fruit). Thanks in advance!

I just started the game and my island only has apples (well, and the oranges Isabelle gave me, but the trees are still babies). So YES LET'S TRADE :D

Only problem is it'll have to wait until tomorrow (Friday 8/28 PST time).

Niraj

Hi -- I'm new to this game. Just started playing a couple of weeks ago. Right now, I'm mainly working on getting my flowers to make sweet, sweet flower love and also getting as many turnips as possible to launch new PWPs and outfit my house.

Has anyone else been using this wizard? It gave me bad advice this week: http://www.kurtboyer.com/guides/AnimalCrossingCityFolk/StalkMarket/

The turnip thread linked in the OP looks dead -- I seriously hope this game isn't waning, because it is absolutely awesome. Guess I'm LTTP.

It's been out a couple years now for most of us, so most people have kind of trailed off. I don't think most people check their turnip prices regularly, but I can try.

It's been out a couple years now for most of us, so most people have kind of trailed off. I don't think most people check their turnip prices regularly, but I can try.
Yeah, once I hit 100 million Bells, I stopped checking prices.

Otherwise, the stalk market wizard isn't always right. But it helped me out more than it hurt. If people tend to get good prices though, they'll post them in here. The actual turnip thread was started because in the beginning, people's prices were getting buried under the normal chat.

Tomita

Heh, thanks for posting the picture. I had a hard time figuring out what they meant by dango. Wouldn't have guessed food.

Niraj

So we're getting this I guess:

http://time.com/4016255/nintendo-3ds-smaller/

new-nintendo-3ds-animal-crossing1.jpg

Nintendo announced the pocket-sized version of its popular games handheld at GameStop’s annual managerial conference in Las Vegas Monday afternoon. The tinier system will be available only bundled with Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (downloadable, not a physical cartridge), two Animal Crossing-themed cover plates, an Animal Crossing Amiibo card, a 4GB SDHC memory card and six augmented reality cards on September 25 for $219.99.

xinek

Long shot, but anyone have turnip prices above 60? The wizard says I'm in a declining pattern and to sell at a loss. :( I'd like to salvage something ...

Long shot, but anyone have turnip prices above 60? The wizard says I'm in a declining pattern and to sell at a loss. :( I'd like to salvage something ...
I didn't see this till now but I'll load it up and check.

Edit: Mine are only at 68. But I discovered Tabby is in boxes today if anyone wants her. I need to grab lunch but I can pop on afterwards if anyone is interested.

xinek

I didn't see this till now but I'll load it up and check.

Edit: Mine are only at 68. But I discovered Tabby is in boxes today if anyone wants her. I need to grab lunch but I can pop on afterwards if anyone is interested.

I was able to find a seller on the acturnips subreddit. Whew!! Glad it's still a bit active. Thanks for checking, though.

NotSelf

^ Ya it takes a bit of patience but I found one around 8pm. At night I would walk very slowly I did it without headphones but I remember in city folk they would make a sound that was very helpful in catching one. Keep at it you'll eventually get one.

^ Ya it takes a bit of patience I found one around 8pm every night I would walk very slowly I did it with out headphones but I remember in city folk they would make a sound that was very helpful in catching one. Keep at it you'll eventually get one.
LIES!!!

For Europe:

Current standard SpotPass item is a full-moon vanity.

Current Nintendo Zone item is a sand castle.
At first I was like... I don't remember the sand castle. Then I looked it up and went... oh, no wonder. Island item.

On that note, I wonder if MoriDB will have a Happy Home section. They do say "under construction". That'd be rad - I used that site A LOT.

Elija2

I've been working on rearranging the flowers in my town to make them look orderly and, well, it's gonna take a while. I guess this is what I get for letting my flower situation get out of hand.

Also I just found out that if you're in your house but not in your main room when a villager knocks on your door, they'll leave after waiting for a while and say something like "I guess they're not home." Neat attention to detail and I'm surprised I've never triggered it before.

Ambitious

My sister's birthday is in two weeks, and I thought about buying her a new 3DS game, but I'm not sure which one. The reason I'm asking in this thread because I know she's played New Leaf for over 200 hours, so I figured I could buy her something similar. Some other life simulation game. She also loves The Sims, for instance.

How about either AC: Happy Home Designer or Tomodachi Life?
I haven't played neither Tomodachi nor any AC game, but from watching a few gameplay videos and reading comparisons on GAF, I think both HHD and TL might be good choices.

Robin64

Tomodachi and Happy Home are similar in that they are simple relaxing "life" games, but that's probably where the similarities end.

If she played New Leaf so much, though, I would say she already likes the world of Animal Crossing and Happy Home Designer might be a good fit.

Tomita

Uh...after like a few days of owning this game I found a tarantula and a scorpion and caught them instantly. Didn't even know at the time they were "rare."

¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

If it makes you feel any better, I was walking in a "forested" area of my village tonight, heard this funny laughing noise, and went WTF? Started walking slowly around, thinking it was underground maybe? (I read there were moles or something in the game...) Then, when leaving the forested area, I saw a scorpion stalking me, and tried not to freak and booked it to the nearest building. Except I walked the entire time because I try not to run around... and then the person wasn't home, so the scorpion got me, and I freaked out as my character fainted.

Then I went hunting for one out of revenge for over an hour and caught another one. Take that, evil scorpion who laughed at me mockingly! (It was probably hissing, in hindsight. Hush.) It now lives in my house so I can teach it who's boss.

So... I've noticed the villagers sometimes ask for critters on the rare side like goldfish and rainbow stags. Is anyone going to ever request a scorpion or tarantula? Otherwise I am probably not keeping a scorpion for a pet indefinitely, because ew. Hate arachnids. And I guess you can't trade insects because if you could I would totally offer, haha.

Ambitious

Tomodachi and Happy Home are similar in that they are simple relaxing "life" games, but that's probably where the similarities end.

If she played New Leaf so much, though, I would say she already likes the world of Animal Crossing and Happy Home Designer might be a good fit.

Yes, that's my line of thought as well. I'm just a bit wary of those amiibo cards. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't buy any of them, especially if she had to buy the NFC reader first. As far as my understanding goes, these are just for inviting special characters, right?

Anyway, I just realized that the European release date is October 2nd, so that's a bit too late. Sure, I could just preorder it and tell her that her present will be delivered soon, but I'd rather have something tangible to give her.

Top Bottom