• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Zing

Banned
So it that rumoured October release for the Amiibo cards true? There has been zero mention of the cards and the game is coming in less than three weeks. I have the new 3DS preordered.

piggychan

I just started playing New Leaf again in anticipation of the new game. Just got Canberra to leave town so now I have 2 spaces to get some new villagers.

Hoping I can finally get an octopus now.

Also since I stopped playing for a while I was sad Wolfgang left so I hope I can get another wolf villager too.. unless I get two octopus neighbours :p

So it that rumoured October release for the Amiibo cards true? There has been zero mention of the cards and the game is coming in less than three weeks. I have the new 3DS preordered.

My GameStop has the cards listed in their database with a street date of 9/25.

I know it's an old game but can you still visit other people's villages in Wild World on DS? I would like to play it with a friend and we're not going to buy the new game.

Robin64

I know it's an old game but can you still visit other people's villages in Wild World on DS? I would like to play it with a friend and we're not going to buy the new game.

Nope, the service for DS and Wii online games is completely shut down at this point.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
So... I've noticed the villagers sometimes ask for critters on the rare side like goldfish and rainbow stags. Is anyone going to ever request a scorpion or tarantula? Otherwise I am probably not keeping a scorpion for a pet indefinitely, because ew. Hate arachnids. And I guess you can't trade insects because if you could I would totally offer, haha.

Yes, they can ask for those. They can potentially ask for anything you can catch, but of course it will only be things that are possible to catch that day. You can always decline though. Yeah, there's no trading bugs or fish.

Zing

Banned
I just spoke with my local microplay. They confirmed that the Amiibo cards are coming 9/25 and are 18 packs per box, which is in line with 6 cards per pack, for "under $10". He said there will be plenty.

I have been playing loads of New Leaf lately so I could finally get Gracie to open her shop. And now that's it's open, I keep going to the island to fish for sharks to be able to afford things. ACNL, how must you put your hooks into my brain?

I've been playing the original a bit on GameCube. It's fun to see what the origins were for things we see in New Leaf. It's crazy that this series has been around since N64 days.

It really cracks me up to see the same wallpaper and furniture from NL show up in the old game.

edit: Oh my god, the hassle of mailing fossils. I'll never whine about Blathers blathering on and on again.

piggychan

man that was a big buy out :p well I guess I have bells to burn !

Got some new villagers today

I had this guy in Wild World and in City Folk but I kinda like his grumpiness Just moved in.
HNI_0084_1.jpg

Also really really happy I got an octopus now. Although at a price!
HNI_0086.jpg

Also in my tent today.. This some scary shit!
HNI_0085_1.jpg

Having Zucker now certainly given me a boost to play this again daily till the happy home arrives.

Also this pic... I took it to remind me just how much I had before the buyout....

HNI_0081_1.jpg

Niraj

From September 13th to September 26th the new Nintendo Zone item for NA is the shogi piece:

shogi-piece.jpg

Celegus

Does anyone's town have turnip prices that aren't complete butts? Mine were terrible all week, down to 46 today and I had spent all my money on them this week.

Tomita

Does anyone's town have turnip prices that aren't complete butts? Mine were terrible all week, down to 46 today and I had spent all my money on them this week.

Mine was 144 on Tuesday and then after that real shitty. If you or anyone else is into it, I could check this week if the prices are good on my game? Not sure how popular the turnip stuff is for this game, but I just started got this game in August so I dunno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Niraj

Got a basic painting earlier today if anyone needs it. I think I have a couple others laying around as well though I'd need to check.

Elija2

Is it possible to buy a digital version of ACNL and have my save data transfer from my cart version?

Yeah, there's a Save Data Transfer Tool on the eShop that lets you transfer retail version saves to the digital versions of games. Note that you can't transfer them the other way around though.

Choomp

Banned
Sweet, so Louie is some sort of DLC for HHD? I don't really know how they game works at all but it's cool to see old characters from the GameCube version return.

Zing

Banned
Whitney is in it.

http://imgur.com/a/vpKkE supposedly the villagers that are in the game without DLC/Amiibo cards
Thanks for the info. I checked my poster and she was actually talking about "Winnie" the horse! I misheard.

I see Winnie in the "cardless" list. Daughter will be happy to know she is in the game regardless, but she was hoping for a card.

Niraj

Sweet, so Louie is some sort of DLC for HHD? I don't really know how they game works at all but it's cool to see old characters from the GameCube version return.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/2...per-mario-themed-items-from-louie-in-october/

Yeah seems like there are a fair amount of characters who haven't been seen since the early games, some I don't think were in any of the western releases. Assuming those pictures I linked above are correct, there's also Boots the alligator, Ursala the bear, Piper the bird, Murphy the bear cub, Maddie the dog, Paolo the elephant, Buzz the eagle, Huck the frog, Billy the goat, Carrie the kangaroo, Gonzo the koala, Rex the lion, Sprocket the ostrich, Kamaboko the penguin, Claude the rabbit, Spike the rhino, Stella the sheep, Monpe the squirrel, and Tybalt the tiger

Thanks for the info. I checked my poster and she was actually talking about "Winnie" the horse! I misheard.

I see Winnie in the "cardless" list. Daughter will be happy to know she is in the game regardless, but she was hoping for a card.

Oh lol. She does have a card:

latest

Zing

Banned
What the hell? We went through the entire list on the official site. She will be pleased.

Maybe I am going crazy.

Winnie is in that image of "cardless" characters though.

Niraj

What the hell? We went through the entire list on the official site. She will be pleased.

Maybe I am going crazy.

Winnie is in that image of "cardless" characters though.

Oh sorry, I think you misunderstood what I meant if you're talking about the images I linked. I meant that those characters are available in the game without the use of cards or through DLC, not that the characters themselves would not have cards at all.

Choomp

Banned
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/2...per-mario-themed-items-from-louie-in-october/

Yeah seems like there are a fair amount of characters who haven't been seen since the early games, some I don't think were in any of the western releases. Assuming those pictures I linked above are correct, there's also Boots the alligator, Ursala the bear, Piper the bird, Murphy the bear cub, Maddie the dog, Paolo the elephant, Buzz the eagle, Huck the frog, Billy the goat, Carrie the kangaroo, Gonzo the koala, Rex the lion, Sprocket the ostrich, Kamaboko the penguin, Claude the rabbit, Spike the rhino, Stella the sheep, Monpe the squirrel, and Tybalt the tiger

Yeah, there are a bunch of characters who didn't make it past the GameCube version or even come West, and I think some of them came back for New Leaf. I remember some others like Nosegay, Huck, Groucho, there are actually a ton.

Zing

Banned
Ok the mystery with my daughter is solved. She insisted the one she wanted was "Whitney, the blue horse with twinkle tee". Finally, we looked at our poster and it turns out she was referring to Julian.

Is there a posted list of the series 2 cards?

Niraj

What do you guys do with your duplicate trophies?

I gave some away, sold some as well. You can give them to villagers too.

Ok the mystery with my daughter is solved. She insisted the one she wanted was "Whitney, the blue horse with twinkle tee". Finally, we looked at our poster and it turns out she was referring to Julian.

Is there a posted list of the series 2 cards?

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/edhj/sp/amiibocard/index2.html not complete yet

Velcro Fly

Got 11 packs of the cards coming to me over the next week

I need Limberg, Samson, and Willow.

Rest of my villagers are all in future series. But I need my awesome mouse friends and stuck up Willow.

Niraj

I don't know anything about the Happy Home game, what are those amiibo cards for??

It's a game where you decorate homes and other buildings. You can use the Amiibo cards to decorate a specific villager's home and also save the decorated home back to the card (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).

In New Leaf news, the NA Nintendo Zone item for the next two weeks is the flashy-flower sign:

flashy-flower-sign.jpg

Zing

Banned
Anyone in Canada know of a working Nintendo Zone? We officially only had Best Buy zones, but I went to one this weekend and got the message "this service has been discontinued".

I'm still trying to even find a scorpion. Haven't seen one yet and time is running out! Any tricks?

Top Bottom