• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Gorthaur

Banned
I just started playing. Can anyone add me? 0490-6063-8469

I need fruits from other towns. Currently I have only apples.

Thanks.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
New NA Nintendo Zone item is the stagehand hat:

stagehand-hat.jpg

Collete

...*creaks door open again*

Hellllooooo?

I wanted to ask about the new AC game that comes out.
Can anyone tell me what it's like?
Is it like normal Animal Crossing and did all of AC GAF move to there now?

Niraj

...*creaks door open again*

Hellllooooo?

I wanted to ask about the new AC game that comes out.
Can anyone tell me what it's like?
Is it like normal Animal Crossing and did all of AC GAF move to there now?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1116490

That first post should answer most of your questions, but basically you work for Nook's Homes and design homes for animals (and some facilities as well). It's not really like the mainline AC games, it's a spin-off. If you liked decorating your house(s) in the other AC games, you'd probably enjoy it I imagine, since the decorating process is streamlined (I think you drag and drop), you can decorate outside of the houses, etc. I'm sure there are a decent number of people playing that who posted here regularly.

Collete

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1116490

That first post should answer most of your questions, but basically you work for Nook's Homes and design homes for animals (and some facilities as well). It's not really like the mainline AC games, it's a spin-off. If you liked decorating your house(s) in the other AC games, you'd probably enjoy it I imagine, since the decorating process is streamlined (I think you drag and drop), you can decorate outside of the houses, etc. I'm sure there are a decent number of people playing that who posted here regularly.

Daaang.

I enjoyed decorating, but I'm not sure I want to play the spin-off.

The best part of AC for me was decorating my town and filling in the fish/bug uncatalogued. :(
...I guess I'll lurk in the shadows until a main AC game comes out. ;_;
*lurks*

Edit...I should probably visit my town again. Jeeze, I don't even remember my town's name! I'm a horrible mayor D:::
Edit1: Uuuuuh for some reason my 3DS resetted itself to the date 1/1/2012. Not sure if I can safely change the time ;-;

Gorthaur

Banned
Daaang.

I enjoyed decorating, but I'm not sure I want to play the spin-off.

The best part of AC for me was decorating my town and filling in the fish/bug uncatalogued. :(
...I guess I'll lurk in the shadows until a main AC game comes out. ;_;
*lurks*

Edit...I should probably visit my town again. Jeeze, I don't even remember my town's name! I'm a horrible mayor D:::
Edit1: Uuuuuh for some reason my 3DS resetted itself to the date 1/1/2012. Not sure if I can safely change the time ;-;
Yes, you can do it safely.

Zero_IYAD

Hello everyone

I need urgent help with Gracie.
She finally showed up in my town asking for Historical theme.
I don't have any clothes to match the theme nor my shops are selling any.
It's 4 PM here.
Please help :(

piggychan

Hello everyone

I need urgent help with Gracie.
She finally showed up in my time asking for Historical theme.
I don't have any clothes to match the theme nor my shops are selling any.
It's 4 PM here.
Please help :(

I think you have till 6am before she ups and leaves for another day... ok booting up ACNL and see what I got to order :p

EDIT:

Ok I got the ninja, top, ninja bottoms and ninja sandals.

I don't seem to have the ninja hood on any of my characters

So you can also use these:

Cow Bone
Diving Mask
Headkerchief
King Tut Mask
Knight's Helmet
Powdered Wig hat
Roman Helmet hat
Samurai Helmet
Samurai Wig
Straw Umbrella Hat
Viking Helmet
Witch's Hat
Rimmed Glasses
Round Glasses
Tiny Shades

Zero_IYAD

I think you have till 6am before she ups and leaves for another day... ok booting up ACNL and see what I got to order :p
Please keep me updated, I'll keep an eye on the OT.

I'm checking the list on thonky..
I do have King Tut Mask & Knight's Helemt.
So if you can help me with the rest of the outfit I'll be thankful ^_^

Zero_IYAD

Thanks again ^_^
That's 1 out of 4.

I'm trying to complete a Spooky room.
I'm missing a Chair & Vanity.
If anyone has them please let me drop by : )

Collete

Time travelled and I'm impressed everyone's still here O_O
There's a curse on Archa...
But now I dunno what to do since I'm back...;-; *leaves again*

Elija2

Can villagers plant flowers on the beach? Because I swear I'm seeing flowers pop up in my hybrid flower patches that shouldn't be.

Dr. Buni

Hey, guys and girls! I ordered a new and bigger SD card for my 3DS and it will be delivered the next couple days and I have a question... The thing is, back when in 2013, when I had my OG 3DS and my first ACNL copy, I tried transferring my games (including ACNL and the save data) to a new SD card and for some reason, that corrupted/deleted/I don't know the data and I lost all my progress. That completely crushed my will to play the game and then I sold it, only coming back to ACNL early this year thanks to Club Nintendo.

Nways, my question is: Is it possible to transfer the save data to a new SD? If so, what I am supposed to do in order to not risk losing the hundreds of hours I have clocked in ACNL?

Thank you!

Niraj

All you have to do is transfer all your save files from SD to the other via your computer. You just drag and drop everything from one card to the other, or more likely/specifically: insert current SD card into your computer, drag and drop all folders onto your desktop/wherever, take out old card and insert the one you want to transfer to, drag all folders and drop onto your SD card, and that's it. I'm not sure why you had an error the first time, but sorry that you did. There's no trick to it though.

Dr. Buni

All you have to do is transfer all your save files from SD to the other via your computer. You just drag and drop everything from one card to the other, or more likely/specifically: insert current SD card into your computer, drag and drop all folders onto your desktop/wherever, take out old card and insert the one you want to transfer to, drag all folders and drop onto your SD card, and that's it. I'm not sure why you had an error the first time, but sorry that you did. There's no trick to it though.
I swear that was precisely what I did and I still lost my data two years ago. Hopefully the same will not happen this time. Thanks!

I'm trying to get a Jack O' Lantern but everyone just gives me Jack-in-the-boxes. The wiki says you can get them, and that shouldn't be a Pumpkin Head which I got from Jack already.

Help!

I'm not sure what you're trying to get. There's no Jack O' Lantern item. Here's a list of stuff you can get on Halloween: http://moridb.com/items/search?category=&q=&obtained=halloween&interior=&fashion=

The wiki here claims so:

If the candy option is chosen, the villager will take one of the player's candy in exchange for hints at what other villagers are scared of; if the trick option is chosen, the player has to play a game of charades or rock-paper-scissors. If won, the player receives candy, if lost a random carpet/wallpaper, furniture or clothing item (both worn and inside pockets) will be replaced with old flooring/wall, Jack-o'-Lantern/Jack-in-the-Box or patched clothing respectively. After the trick selection, villagers will occasionally give out the pumpkin mask they are wearing in place of the previous options, but only if this equivalent space on the player is not occupied. There are a total of four unique pumpkin masks to collect during the event, not including the one obtained by Jack detailed below.

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Halloween

Zero_IYAD

Hey, guys and girls! I ordered a new and bigger SD card for my 3DS and it will be delivered the next couple days and I have a question... The thing is, back when in 2013, when I had my OG 3DS and my first ACNL copy, I tried transferring my games (including ACNL and the save data) to a new SD card and for some reason, that corrupted/deleted/I don't know the data and I lost all my progress. That completely crushed my will to play the game and then I sold it, only coming back to ACNL early this year thanks to Club Nintendo.

Nways, my question is: Is it possible to transfer the save data to a new SD? If so, what I am supposed to do in order to not risk losing the hundreds of hours I have clocked in ACNL?

Thank you!
Exactly what Niraj said, just format the new one before transferring your folders.

tomtom94

I finally took the plunge and got both a 3DS and New Leaf having obsessively played greatly enjoyed Wild World back in the day. (Chuggaaconroy's Let's Play didn't hurt either)

Might be back with some questions about the game when I can articulate them properly.

Dr. Buni

I finally took the plunge and got both a 3DS and New Leaf having obsessively played greatly enjoyed Wild World back in the day. (Chuggaaconroy's Let's Play didn't hurt either)

Might be back with some questions about the game when I can articulate them properly.
Have fun! :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

You can stack fruit.

mantidor

Bah I missed Halloween, I really wanted to complete the creepy set, I'm not sure if I have them all.

I guess I finally entered that phase when you play only once or twice a week, Isabelle is always complaining I've been away for too long :p

I really want to clean up my house, which is more of a storage deposit than a home, but its daunting at this point, and I also have to check if I have all the gyroids, my town is filled with them and now people complain about how "dirty" it is.

They really have to improve their storage system for the next AC, stackable fruit is simply not enough. Trying to sort out stuff like gyroids is an exercise in tediousness.

piggychan

Bah I missed Halloween, I really wanted to complete the creepy set, I'm not sure if I have them all.

I guess I finally entered that phase when you play only once or twice a week, Isabelle is always complaining I've been away for too long :p

I really want to clean up my house, which is more of a storage deposit than a home, but its daunting at this point, and I also have to check if I have all the gyroids, my town is filled with them and now people complain about how "dirty" it is.

They really have to improve their storage system for the next AC, stackable fruit is simply not enough. Trying to sort out stuff like gyroids is an exercise in tediousness.

Ah if you've unlocked the 2nd floor of the museum you can always store them in there or make a 2nd player and store your stuff in those homes

EDIT:

CRAP I wasn't paying attention and gave a rotten fruit to Stitches....... he's really pissed..

Elija2

Damn, another villager of mine, Blaire, is in boxes today. I really need to be paying more attention to this stuff. Thankfully I don't care too much if Blaire moves out so if anyone wants her just let me know.

Niraj

Got a SpotPass letter in-game about Happy Home Designer, no new item mentioned. Wonder if that means they're done with the Nintendo Zone stuff.

edit: thread on GameFAQS says it's the kokeshi doll:
kokeshi-doll.jpg

piggychan

Gracie is here for the 3rd time.
Rock 'n Roll theme.
I only have lace-up boots.
Please help me, it's past 5 PM here :(

What time do you sleep ? I can order the following but I won't back back in till around 10pm UK GMT time.

I can order a:

Arctic-Camo Shirt
Bone Pants
DJ Cap
Funky Glasses

Zero_IYAD

What time do you sleep ? I can order the following but I won't back back in till around 10pm UK GMT time.

I can order a:

Arctic-Camo Shirt
Bone Pants
DJ Cap
Funky Glasses
I'll be awake for 10-12 hours from now.
Don't order them, a guy on gamefaqs said he'd help me in an hour. I'll wait for him & write you back if he can't help : )

Top Bottom