• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Fireblend

Banned
You can buy them using island coins.

Ah, I see. Alright then.

Holy shit is trying to get a PWP suggested pure torture. I've been trying for the past 2 days, walking in front of my villagers every 5 minutes or so with my pockets filled with coins like a mad man so that I won't get trade requests and yet I've had like 10 requests for nickname/catchphrase changes but apparently no one wants to build one goddamn police station -_-

piggychan

How useful is the official guide for this game? Been playing ac a long time now since cube but only casually. I feel there is a lot that I do not know about. Problem is the guide is like $40 on eBay unless I want to buy it digital for 9.99 from the website..

it has it's uses. Some of the information is inaccurate tho. Just ask us or use Thonky XD

Fireblend

Banned
Day 3 of trying to get more PWP requests. Still unsuccessful.

I got like 8 nickname/catchphrase requests today, and Angus asked me if I liked spaghetti or some other thing better. At some point I managed to capture and hold hostage ~5 of my villagers in a single pit-cage, which made things easier, but it didn't help at all.

:(

Zero_IYAD

FINALLY x_X !

WVW69imkS2k-8EHJH_

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Got a scenic painting if anybody wants it.

Also have a basic painting and a moody painting that anyone can have.

Elija2

XG0buPj.jpg

Does anyone here knows the answer?

Yep, bamboos are pretty much the same as trees and have to be planted one space apart from each other. Be careful though because fully grown bamboo will begin to spawn more bamboo shoots which will eventually grow if you don't dig them up.

Linius

Yeah, before you know it you have a forest of bamboo.

Booted up my game earlier tonight. Kabuki is still there. True buddies for life. I promised myself to stop buying amiibo's, but if they ever do Kabuki I'll break that promise.

RanoNL

Reese is offering me 146 Bells per turnip on the morning of the first day. That's per definition not a small or big spike pattern right? It could be random or decreasing right? I bought for 104 so 146 would be nice profit already.

Niraj

Reese is offering me 146 Bells per turnip on the morning of the first day. That's per definition not a small or big spike pattern right? It could be random or decreasing right? I bought for 104 so 146 would be nice profit already.

It's hard to say on the first day.

Posting this before I forget:

11228982773_ce3899af34_o.png

Haven't played an Animal Crossing game since Gamecube but I am so psyched to play this on a newly acquired 3DS. I've missed AC so much, and am really excited to see where they've gone since way back when.

(I saw Smash Bros DS and could resist handhelds no longer!)

I have a question, do citizens of your town buy items you put up for sale in the flea market when you aren't there because so far nothing has sold unless I'm in the shop too

Elija2

is this some kind of glitch? or is the sell rate so poor that it's negligible?

Nope, it's deliberate. The only way they'll buy stuff is if you talk to them while they're looking at an item in the flea market. If you're trying to make money by selling stuff to your villagers, don't bother. There are much better ways of making money in the game.

Nope, it's deliberate. The only way they'll buy stuff is if you talk to them while they're looking at an item in the flea market. If you're trying to make money by selling stuff to your villagers, don't bother. There are much better ways of making money in the game.

then why does the alpaca say if she says something she'll put it in your savings thing at the post office?

MarkusRJR

So I tried making a bunch of fruit trees for foreign fruit, keeping each one space apart (like that picture posted on this page). Had like 9 rows of 3. Problem is, some of the middle column trees die. What am I doing wrong?

Elija2

Well, I just found out for sure that villagers can plant flowers on the beach. I literally saw one do it right in front of me. So even though the chances of it are pretty slim since villagers rarely go down to the beach, it can still happen.

So I tried making a bunch of fruit trees for foreign fruit, keeping each one space apart (like that picture posted on this page). Had like 9 rows of 3. Problem is, some of the middle column trees die. What am I doing wrong?

I think if you have too many trees in one area it'll prevent you from planting any more. Try cutting down some other trees around the area and see if you can plant more.

This game is so wonderful. ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

I purposefully kept myself in the dark before loading, figuring I'd play whatever iteration of Animal Crossing they had created... But it's so much like my GameCube introduction except refined, it's goddamn perfect! The mayor's post actually providing a job and goals, animals frequently moving in, different stores with different hours separated from your main map, MORE bugs and fishes and paintings, multipart accessories, less weeds, cheaper tools......

(つ°ヮ°)つ I f'ing love Animal Crossing so much, it's so nice to play again.

Would anyone want to be friends with a new mayor? Just got the game and I have one kind of fruit, working on my first public works. It'd be cool to diversify and see new places... I'm on the US East Coast and work full time.

RanoNL

Would anyone want to be friends with a new mayor? Just got the game and I have one kind of fruit, working on my first public works. It'd be cool to diversify and see new places... I'm on the US East Coast and work full time.
I'm on the West Coast (of The Netherlands ;)) a.k.a GMT+1. 3308-4602-3764 is my friend code.

According to this, yes. I recall people using that site successfully for the most part.

Thanks! That will come in handy.

I'm on the West Coast (of The Netherlands ;)) a.k.a GMT+1. 3308-4602-3764 is my friend code.

Thanks Rano! I'll follow all the rules in the OP for sure, I'm a leave-no-trace kinda person when it comes to towns... Though I might write a note on the community board!

I also have peaches. Would you like me to bring peaches?

My friend code is 2122-9500-4247 and my DS/Mii name is Kupo. Just added ye!

Turned on the game again after a few months and remembered why I stopped playing. Coach put his house in my orchard. And now I see Stinky is moving in right behind him taking the last of my orchard. I am now missing all my non-native fruit...

Edit:
It looks as though my apple, pear, and lemon trees are safe.

pariah164

I need an Ice Table if anyone has/gets an extra : )
I'm hunting Snowflakes like a madwoman; if I snag an extra, I'll send you a PM.

Fun fact: I booted up AC again because I'm getting Happy Home Designer for Christmas and don't want Isabelle being salty at me for being a neglectful mayor.

Niraj

Turned on the game again after a few months and remembered why I stopped playing. Coach put his house in my orchard. And now I see Stinky is moving in right behind him taking the last of my orchard. I am now missing all my non-native fruit...

Edit:
It looks as though my apple, pear, and lemon trees are safe.

Let me know if you want to grab what you're missing sometime

Zero_IYAD

Fun fact: I booted up AC again because I'm getting Happy Home Designer for Christmas and don't want Isabelle being salty at me for being a neglectful mayor.
Thank you.
Been looking for one since last year.
I don't have the time to hunt snowflakes with all the work/research/studying I'm doing these days -__-

Mr_Fern

Neo Member
Hey guys,

I just got this game like 5 days ago, lovin it so far but looks like there's a lot to do! Any advice for new players?

Niraj

Hey guys,

I just got this game like 5 days ago, lovin it so far but looks like there's a lot to do! Any advice for new players?

You can stack fruit

There are some helpful links in the OP :) glad you're enjoying it

pariah164

Stack fruit? like in a locker or something?

In anything! Let's say you shake a tree for it's fruit; each tree grows three fruit. You pick up the fruit and it goes in your inventory. You now have three... cherries, let's say. Drag one cherry onto another, and you now have two cherries in a stack. Drag the third one over, and you have a 3-cherry stack. Each stack goes to 9. It helps save you room in your inventory and your dresser/closet/locker.

Mr_Fern

Neo Member
In anything! Let's say you shake a tree for it's fruit; each tree grows three fruit. You pick up the fruit and it goes in your inventory. You now have three... cherries, let's say. Drag one cherry onto another, and you now have two cherries in a stack. Drag the third one over, and you have a 3-cherry stack. Each stack goes to 9. It helps save you room in your inventory and your dresser/closet/locker.

HA! I feel dumb now, i was wonder if i could get a bigger bag or something lol.

Actually i just received 3 oranges from isabell like this,

Thanks!

Niraj

HA! I feel dumb now, i was wonder if i could get a bigger bag or something lol.

Actually i just received 3 oranges from isabell like this,

Thanks!

Another inventory tip: if you don't delete some of your letters, you can use them to keep extra items on you. I usually attach tools I don't use to letters so they don't take up inventory space. I also usually keep some fruit so I can give it to villagers who ask for it.

piggychan

uggghhh the thought of having to roll up a perfect snow family again, while not having to drop the snow ball into the lake, off a cliff, break from knocking into trees etc... >____>

piggychan

Hey guys,

while on the subject of shaking fruit keep an eye out for perfect fruit. Don't sell them but grown them into a tree.

They sell for much higher price and if you offer them to your villagers they will appreciate it a lot more than normal fruit.

Mr_Fern

Neo Member
while on the subject of shaking fruit keep an eye out for perfect fruit. Don't sell them but grown them into a tree.

They sell for much higher price and if you offer them to your villagers they will appreciate it a lot more than normal fruit.

About that... the first day that I got the game I saw a shiny cute apple... and I eat it.

Haven't seen another yet... >.>

Top Bottom