• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Chickadee

Unconfirmed Member
uggghhh the thought of having to roll up a perfect snow family again, while not having to drop the snow ball into the lake, off a cliff, break from knocking into trees etc... >____>

If you go indoors and come out, the broken/missing snowball will respawn. :)

Tomita

Thanks Rano! I'll follow all the rules in the OP for sure, I'm a leave-no-trace kinda person when it comes to towns... Though I might write a note on the community board!

I also have peaches. Would you like me to bring peaches?

My friend code is 2122-9500-4247 and my DS/Mii name is Kupo. Just added ye!

Peaches, you say?

Cool! I'll add you back. I have all the fruit there is. So feel free to pick and choose :)

I'll add your fc asap

Yeah so I'd like some fruit too. :V Lol can I join in on this? My code is 1306-6482-1990 and my Mii name is currently Wanda. My timezone is PST.

Do you guys want stuff in return? The fruit I got now is apples (and perfect ones), oranges, liechi, lemon, pears, durians, mangos, coconuts, and bananas. But RanoNL says they got all the fruit so I dunno, haha.

First time doing winter in this game and hot damn. It's hard to put the game down cause I'm like "aaah I'm so close to getting five snowflakes again!" It's ridiculous. Speaking of which, is anyone playing bingo? I got the bingo snowman up today and I read you can go to other places and play bingo too. Too bad you can't do that in the dream thing. I tried that. The dream thing seems so pointless every time I try it out, save for the fact you can steal other people's patterns. Like, yay? I guess? Meh.

I was too busy to play this during autumn and now I'm so sad I missed out on the mushroom furniture, uuugh. ): And of course you can't buy it. Of course...I mostly just want the wall/floor patterns. Might look into time travelling for it but I'm feeling sorta too lazy for that; don't wanna screw the game up too badly since I never actually did that before, even been too scared to change for daylight savings. Oh well. Unfortunately I'll be just as busy next autumn too, so... Just outta luck.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
First time doing winter in this game and hot damn. It's hard to put the game down cause I'm like "aaah I'm so close to getting five snowflakes again!" It's ridiculous. Speaking of which, is anyone playing bingo? I got the bingo snowman up today and I read you can go to other places and play bingo too. Too bad you can't do that in the dream thing. I tried that. The dream thing seems so pointless every time I try it out, save for the fact you can steal other people's patterns. Like, yay? I guess? Meh.

I was too busy to play this during autumn and now I'm so sad I missed out on the mushroom furniture, uuugh. ): And of course you can't buy it. Of course...I mostly just want the wall/floor patterns. Might look into time travelling for it but I'm feeling sorta too lazy for that; don't wanna screw the game up too badly since I never actually did that before, even been too scared to change for daylight savings. Oh well. Unfortunately I'll be just as busy next autumn too, so... Just outta luck.

Aw man, if you had mentioned before we could've saved extras of the mush stuff. Just sold most of them off. I may have some extras, but I'd have to check tomorrow.

I'd definitely recommend that some of you get together and coordinate the snowman stuff if you want all the items. Getting bingo numbers is a pain in the ass solo.

Peaches, you say?
I do say! Just added you as well- but you have waaay more of a variety than I do.
lol.gif
Peaches, bananas, lemons, and leichi in mine at the moment.

I went to the island for the first time, finished my first public work, got the flower shop open, nine animals moved in... Me as mayor's feeling pretty great.

Tomita

Aw man, if you had mentioned before we could've saved extras of the mush stuff. Just sold most of them off. I may have some extras, but I'd have to check tomorrow.

I'd definitely recommend that some of you get together and coordinate the snowman stuff if you want all the items. Getting bingo numbers is a pain in the ass solo.

Yeah, well, I only started playing again a few days ago, haha. I didn't even really know of the furniture thing until I checked out a house I had streetpassed and I became insanely jealous of their decor, lol. This game is ridiculous to play with no guide whatsoever. Like, imagine trying to get everything for these games pre-Internet. Holy crap. The conspiracies people would come up with on the playground...

I only was aware of the "harvest" furniture, which all looked purple and was available on Thanksgiving (to my knowledge). It looked cool but I was feeling lazy at the time, so passed on trying for them. Would have remained unaware of the mushroom stuff until I saw that house I Streetpassed.

I do say! Just added you as well- but you have waaay more of a variety than I do.
lol.gif
Peaches, bananas, lemons, and leichi in mine at the moment.

I went to the island for the first time, finished my first public work, got the flower shop open, nine animals moved in... Me as mayor's feeling pretty great.

Well you can help yourself to any fruit I have that you want. My trees are bare at the moment so if they're still bare when you come in, I have them all in storage, so I'm sure we can figure out a way to trade or something (I am still kinda new at the game myself, haha).

Niraj

Yeah, well, I only started playing again a few days ago, haha. I didn't even really know of the furniture thing until I checked out a house I had streetpassed and I became insanely jealous of their decor, lol. This game is ridiculous to play with no guide whatsoever. Like, imagine trying to get everything for these games pre-Internet. Holy crap. The conspiracies people would come up with on the playground...

I only was aware of the "harvest" furniture, which all looked purple and was available on Thanksgiving (to my knowledge). It looked cool but I was feeling lazy at the time, so passed on trying for them. Would have remained unaware of the mushroom stuff until I saw that house I Streetpassed.

Ah, gotcha. Harvest stuff you could actually buy from November 1st through the Harvest Festival (Thanksgiving) at the store. Nice thing is that the harvest series items can be ordered, so it's not terribly hard to get your hands on them.

Ah, gotcha. Harvest stuff you could actually buy from November 1st through the Harvest Festival (Thanksgiving) at the store. Nice thing is that the harvest series items can be ordered, so it's not terribly hard to get your hands on them.

How much for the set my good man?

_h8bit

Banned
I wish they'd release the Japanese exclusive items through DLC or literally anything besides Nintendo Zone. I've had my same village since launch and I'll probably never get like any of those items.

Tomita

I wish they'd release the Japanese exclusive items through DLC or literally anything besides Nintendo Zone. I've had my same village since launch and I'll probably never get like any of those items.

Yeah... Can't find a single Nintendo Zone near me. And the app itself says it's discontinued so I don't even get why they're still using it. However, if you want something you can try asking around here or elsewhere! I never bothered since I have yet to see anything I want yet. Now that I say this they'll offer something in the next/week whatever I'll really want, lol.

I'm letting all my fruit grow back but am barren at the moment, how many days does it take?

Also, quick and stupid question, I guess both parties need to be online in order to connect and visit each other's town? Can I mail presents to friends at any time?

Niraj

Will do, I'll be free in about 2-3 hours.

That's cool, I'll be around.

I'm letting all my fruit grow back but am barren at the moment, how many days does it take?

Also, quick and stupid question, I guess both parties need to be online in order to connect and visit each other's town? Can I mail presents to friends at any time?

Three days I think.

Correct, and nope.

Niraj did you want to come to my town so that I can get one more tick in my visitors numbers?

Also I found out Cobb is leaving tomorrow so if anyone wants him, he is in boxes.

Edit: Gate is closed for lunch.

Niraj

Niraj did you want to come to my town so that I can get one more tick in my visitors numbers?

Also I found out Cobb is leaving tomorrow so if anyone wants him, he is in boxes.

Edit: Gate is closed for lunch.

Sorry, I was eating lunch myself. Let me know when you're back and I'll visit

Zero_IYAD

Julian is moving out on the 22nd & I'm trying to sell him out since I REALLY need the bells.
I'm having no luck on gamefaqs : (
Any idea where's a good place to put him on auction?

Niraj

Haha awesome. Well since she is my favorite I can never have to many of those!

That's what I figured :p

Julian is moving out on the 22nd & I'm trying to sell him out since I REALLY need the bells.
I'm having no luck on gamefaqs : (
Any idea where's a good place to put him on auction?

I would have guessed Gamefaqs would be the best place. Could try Reddit or Bell Tree Forums maybe?

Zero_IYAD

Thanks guys, will give it a try.
I hate the concept of selling villagers but I'm out of choice with how things turned out with my game & the dire need for bells -___-

How the hell do you catch that shark? Every time I try it slips away, no matter how fast I press A. :( Is there a trick to it, like waiting for the second take down or something?

Niraj

How the hell do you catch that shark? Every time I try it slips away, no matter how fast I press A. :( Is there a trick to it, like waiting for the second take down or something?

You could try just looking away or closing your eyes and pressing A when you hear the audio cue. It works.

Fireblend

Banned

Nah, you just have to react faster. Closing your eyes is a good suggestion. I also found it hard in the beginning, but you get better.

Chickadee

Unconfirmed Member
Question for you all since it's Snow People season. Is there a specific strategy that you used to get the Snowtyke gifts? I only have the Snowman Matryoshka from having all 4 perfect Snowpeople, but am unsure of the best way to work through having the rest. Any advice? :)

Niraj

Question for you all since it's Snow People season. Is there a specific strategy that you used to get the Snowtyke gifts? I only have the Snowman Matryoshka from having all 4 perfect Snowpeople, but am unsure of the best way to work through having the rest. Any advice? :)

Depends on what you're working on. Snowmam is easiest to get the items for so I would make her imperfect first. Then your choice of snowboy/snowman.

Could do something like:

1.Perfect snowtyke
2.Perfect snowman/snowboy
3.Perfect snowboy/snowman
4.Imperfect snowmam - get snow bunny
5.Perfect snowtyke
6.Perfect snowboy/snowman
7.Imperfect of whichever you didn't choose - get small igloo
8.Imperfect snowmam
9.Perfect snowtyke
10.Imperfect of whichever you picked in 6 - get sleigh

I can't recall whether you need to build the snowtyke last, but I don't think you do. Someone please correct me if that wouldn't work though, because it's been awhile.

You could also just do it the safe way of building the other three before the snowtyke just to be sure, but that would add a couple more days. If that hypothesized order ends up being wrong, day 8, 9, and 10 would be the same, and you'd just build an imperfect snowman/snowboy and snowmam on the next two days, and a perfect snowtyke after those.

Chickadee

Unconfirmed Member
Depends on what you're working on. Snowmam is easiest to get the items for so I would make her imperfect first. Then your choice of snowboy/snowman.

I have all the Snowmam and Snowman items (no more bingo this year, yay!). I am severely lacking in the Snowboy and have only the 1/4 Snowtyke items. Thank you for your input. :)

ngower

Hey folks,

I am on my fourth 3DS and by consequence fourth AC:NL game. I've had the handheld for a few months but am only just now getting back into AC. Would anyone be open to opening up their town for me tonight so I can grab some fruit? The pear is native to my town so anything and everything you've got would be a huge help.

I won't be available until after 6:00PM EST.

If everyone waits until after Christmas this weekend, all of my fruit should be available and I'll try to host as much as possible via PMs and all that jazz.

Peaches, bananas, lychees, lemons, and durians- all available next week!

Fern, I just added you- mine is 2122-9500-4247.

RanoNL

Somebody with good turnip prices? I've got the decreasing pattern :(

Yeah so I'd like some fruit too. :V Lol can I join in on this? My code is 1306-6482-1990 and my Mii name is currently Wanda. My timezone is PST.
Cool. I added you to my friends list. Send me a PM if you want to visit my town.

Niraj

Don't forget to chat up your villagers to find out what they want for Toy Day. They'll give you two pieces of info, a color and the type of item. If you're impatient, you can also just save beforehand and just guess :p

Thinking on it further, sometime next week I'll just leave my DS on and village open all day while I'm at work and after to make sure that all time zones get a chance to get that delicious fruit.

Top Bottom