• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Hey, good news:

WVW69izfni0tffT9TG

Lazulis is back thanks to bluepolicebox.

Niraj

You got back your old save file?!

As it was explained to me, the file actually came from my dream town, so essentially. Just whenever I last updated. Some kind of AC hacks. Only thing I really lost was the contents of the second floor of the museum.

Zero_IYAD

As it was explained to me, the file actually came from my dream town, so essentially. Just whenever I last updated. Some kind of AC hacks. Only thing I really lost was the contents of the second floor of the museum.
Need more info @_@ !
Can I restore my old save file?

Niraj

Need more info @_@ !
Can I restore my old save file?

I don't really know specifics unfortunately, but I can try to ask for more info.

So how many souls and/or descendants did you have to offer to the occult forces that brought your save back?

Glad to see a happy resolution!

I'd definitely sacrifice some more if I could get my Pokemon back :p I'm also very glad :)

Long time no see, AC-GAF :)

So, a couple 3DS firmware updates ago, when all of the homebrew and hacking stuff was still possible, there were a bunch of New Leaf hacks and a RAM editor floating around. They worked by copying the game save to the SD card, editing it, then copying it back. (You couldn't affect other people's towns like past games.) Interestingly, players found that you could copy the save of a dream town while standing in it and essentially make a perfect copy of that town. Apparently when you upload your dream town to Nintendo's servers, you upload everything: town, locker items, badges, bells, catalog, etc..

When Niraj told me his 3DS had been stolen, I wanted to see if these hacks would still work. I borrowed a 3DS from someone who kept the old firmware for region free purposes and a copy of AC. While standing in Niraj's dream town, I used this method to copy his town to the SD card then restore it on the cartridge. It restored his town completely except for two things: his house and museum second floor were empty. Since he has a digital copy of the game, I mailed him the cartridge and he can use Nintendo's save transfer tool to copy his save over. And then lock his 3DS up in a vault for the rest of its days.

To get this to work now, you'd need an active dream address and a 3DS with the old firmware. If someone needs help doing this, I can try to help. This is the only time I've played around with this stuff but it was simple enough to execute. It was just lucky it worked out in this situation. Say what you will about hacking and Animal Crossing but it saved a two and a half year old save here.

I'd definitely sacrifice some more if I could get my Pokemon back :p I'm also very glad :)
D:

So, a couple 3DS firmware updates ago, when all of the homebrew and hacking stuff was still possible, there were a bunch of New Leaf hacks and a RAM editor floating around. They worked by copying the game save to the SD card, editing it, then copying it back. (You couldn't affect other people's towns like past games.) Interestingly, players found that you could copy the save of a dream town while standing in it and essentially make a perfect copy of that town. Apparently when you upload your dream town to Nintendo's servers, you upload everything: town, locker items, badges, bells, catalog, etc..

When Niraj told me his 3DS had been stolen, I wanted to see if these hacks would still work. I borrowed a 3DS from someone who kept the old firmware for region free purposes and a copy of AC. While standing in Niraj's dream town, I used this method to copy his town to the SD card then restore it on the cartridge. It restored his town completely except for two things: his house and museum second floor were empty. Since he has a digital copy of the game, I mailed him the cartridge and he can use Nintendo's save transfer tool to copy his save over. And then lock his 3DS up in a vault for the rest of its days.

To get this to work now, you'd need an active dream address and a 3DS with the old firmware. If someone needs help doing this, I can try to help. This is the only time I've played around with this stuff but it was simple enough to execute. It was just lucky it worked out in this situation. Say what you will about hacking and Animal Crossing but it saved a two and a half year old save here.

D:

This is amazing and I'm going to update my Dream Address constantly now. Ha ha ha.

While I'm here, if anyone has an extra Proper Painting, Motherly Statue, or Ancient Statue I'd really appreciate them.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Since I'm lttp I'm stuck between saying that's really gutting to hear Niraj in regards to the theft and congrats Niraj to the recovery of your town.

Niraj

Niraj, that's awesome! Congrats! :)

And then lock his 3DS up in a vault for the rest of its days.

But D:

I need peaches!!!
Can anyone help me?

What time do you usually play?

This is amazing and I'm going to update my Dream Address constantly now. Ha ha ha.

While I'm here, if anyone has an extra Proper Painting, Motherly Statue, or Ancient Statue I'd really appreciate them.

I'll keep an eye out for those.

Since I'm lttp I'm stuck between saying that's really gutting to hear Niraj in regards to the theft and congrats Niraj to the recovery of your town.

lol I appreciate the sentiment

Elija2

Wow, that's pretty miraculous.

Congrats on getting your town back, Niraj! And just when you thought you were done with the game, it pulls you back in.

Chopper

D:
Oh my God. This is incredible. Great work BPB!

Can anyone tell me if my dream address is still active?

7400-2932-0644

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I re-entered the wonderful world of 3DS at the weekend with a n3DS and of course had to pick this up with it. I'll share my friend code shortly because I'm keen to make some bells! (...and friends, of course)

Dropped off the face of GAF for a while there. (Still am - on and off.) But I heard about Niraj's town and was stupid happy to hear the news. :D

That is all. :p

Can someone fill me in with happy home designer? Is there any online coop I can do with a mate?

Can someone explain the amiibo cards to me as well?

Niraj

Dropped off the face of GAF for a while there. (Still am - on and off.) But I heard about Niraj's town and was stupid happy to hear the news. :D

That is all. :p

:)

Can someone fill me in with happy home designer? Is there any online coop I can do with a mate?

Can someone explain the amiibo cards to me as well?

Might have better luck here.

I don't have the game, so could be wrong, but I think you can go online and see the designs that other people have made. I think the card just brings the villager there and you can design their house, and you can also save the design you make back to the card.

Anyone have good turnip prices and would be willing to meet up today? I've got 1000 that I bought at 96 and my price right now is 45 :( I'll give you a basket of perfect peaches for your troubles lol.

Niraj

Anyone have good turnip prices and would be willing to meet up today? I've got 1000 that I bought at 96 and my price right now is 45 :( I'll give you a basket of perfect peaches for your troubles lol.

Sorry, I did check but forgot to post. Mine were worse though :/ (36) hope you found somebody

m00h

Banned
Hey,
just got my hands on AC few days ago and have a lot of fun so far. Looking for some AC friends, here my FC:

Code:
2466-5830-4842

Add me and let me know :)

Robin64

Here we go again!

WVW69i7VHYsU4nYOSB
WVW69i7VNzURgEJs1i

(I lost my many hundred hours save a few weeks back in a mishap when I was getting my 3DS set up for homebrew, but I'm over it now)

colon

Thanks man.

Wow, Pelly has nothing to give me! Did distribution finally end?

Yeah last Summer they stopped it (in NA at least). I don't know when it ended in the other regions, but I think they might have started it up again in the Japanese version (I don't have it so I can't confirm), so maybe they'll start doing it again for the other regions too.

Robin64

Special little message from Isabelle today! (Feb 29th, y'see)

Also, I went and checked a couple of Nintendo Zones for any items, and both said "unable to connect to server". Guess the service is really just off now.

Niraj

Some of the villagers mention the leap day, too. It's pretty neat.

My favorite was Groucho saying something to the effect of, "Guess that means there are 29 days in February this year! ...Well, that's not very exciting at all!"

Unicorn

My favorite was Groucho saying something to the effect of, "Guess that means there are 29 days in February this year! ...Well, that's not very exciting at all!"

Groucho best neighbor.

I also snagged a Mr. Resetti amiibo from TRU. It was on sale with the rest of the AC amiibo for less than 10$.

I have no idea WTF I'm even going to do with him, but he looks legit still in his package.

Oh shit, Niraj, how'd you lose your saves!?

D:

HOOOOOLY SHIT THIS IS MAGICAL

Niraj

Groucho best neighbor.

I also snagged a Mr. Resetti amiibo from TRU. It was on sale with the rest of the AC amiibo for less than 10$.

I have no idea WTF I'm even going to do with him, but he looks legit still in his package.

Oh shit, Niraj, how'd you lose your saves!?

HOOOOOLY SHIT THIS IS MAGICAL

Yeah those AC amiibo totally bombed. Last I checked, all of the ones that are released are under MSRP on Amazon at least, not too surprised to hear of that elsewhere too. They are pretty nice looking though.

Unfortunately I got a bunch of shit stolen while I was out of town in early January visiting my brother. Lost my new 3DS XL, I think 17-18 games, my laptop, etc. It sucks. But yeah, silver lining is that thanks to a wonderful friend I made through this game, I got my town back at least.

Unicorn

Yeah those AC amiibo totally bombed. Last I checked, all of the ones that are released are under MSRP on Amazon at least, not too surprised to hear of that elsewhere too. They are pretty nice looking though.

Unfortunately I got a bunch of shit stolen while I was out of town in early January visiting my brother. Lost my new 3DS XL, I think 17-18 games, my laptop, etc. It sucks. But yeah, silver lining is that thanks to a wonderful friend I made through this game, I got my town back at least.

It really is amazing you got your town back.

Also, the Splatoon amiibo are probably the highest quality amiibo i've seen. I'm glad I snatched the trio set.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well the problem for the AC ones is there is no compatibility really for them. Even Isabelle, whose picture appears in MK8, can't unlock the Animal Crossing Mii outfit.

I think people would rather buy Amiibo of villagers than the job characters, since those are the ones they build a bond with. Also Resetti should be in the ground being angry.

Top Bottom