• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 46 21.6%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 79 37.1%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 41 19.2%

• Total voters

Celcius

°Temp. member
I just found out that they removed all of the comments from Crunchyroll. Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

Also, Mushoku Tensei is amazing and I can't wait for season 3

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Can anyone recommend anime that doesn't have much/any fan service and no harems? I liked Invincible, Solo Leveling, Mashle: Magic and Muscles, and The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic. I basically grew up on Dragonball Z which is absolutely filled with WAY too much filler, but it's still so freaking cool. I only watch English dubs because I don't want to read my shows.

NanaMiku

Can anyone recommend anime that doesn't have much/any fan service and no harems? I liked Invincible, Solo Leveling, Mashle: Magic and Muscles, and The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic. I basically grew up on Dragonball Z which is absolutely filled with WAY too much filler, but it's still so freaking cool. I only watch English dubs because I don't want to read my shows.
No harem is really hard lol. Do you want action anime or other genre is fine too?

I can only recommend other genres: Ramen Akaneko, The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten, A Galaxy Next Door.

If you like Solo Leveling, I can recommend Returner Magic Should be Special. It's also from a Korean manhwa/novel. I think it's a better story than Solo Leveling, but the anime is pretty low budget.

sigmaZ

No harem is really hard lol. Do you want action anime or other genre is fine too?

I can only recommend other genres: Ramen Akaneko, The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten, A Galaxy Next Door.

If you like Solo Leveling, I can recommend Returner Magic Should be Special. It's also from a Korean manhwa/novel. I think it's a better story than Solo Leveling, but the anime is pretty low budget.

I swear I've seen this same character archetype in like five different anime lately. lol

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just finished watching Sound! Euphonium! season 3 and what an amazing show.
Sad to see it end but it was so good. I played euphonium in middle school so the show also brings back lots of great memories.

It's shame that about the quality of animation of Super because this arc sounds kind of awesome. This gives me incentive to read the manga instead because the anime is not giving me the fizz. It's not doing the story justice. Fans, like me, want something memorable. Even Dragon Ball GT looked slick in some parts because it was hand rawn yada yada. And no matter how bad it was, no matter how much filler there was, it had character. Dragon Ball is Japan's jewel, it should be treated as such. Like Godzilla.. Do it justice. for heaven's sake.

Doom85

It's shame that about the quality of animation of Super because this arc sounds kind of awesome. This gives me incentive to read the manga instead because the anime is not giving me the fizz. It's not doing the story justice. Fans, like me, want something memorable. Even Dragon Ball GT looked slick in some parts because it was hand rawn yada yada. And no matter how bad it was, no matter how much filler there was, it had character. Dragon Ball is Japan's jewel, it should be treated as such. Like Godzilla.. Do it justice. for heaven's sake.

I didn’t read past the Universe Survival arc so I can’t speak for Moro, but I wouldn’t be making assumptions yet. The manga art is good but the issue is it is far too fast paced for its own good, at least up to where I read. Yes, the anime has filler, but a lot of those filler episodes can just easily be skipped without losing context during the main story arcs. The anime fleshes out the story of the main arcs better whereas the manga feels like it’s in a hurry to just get through everything.

Also, the manga sometimes seems to just assume you’ve seen the anime. The Resurrection F arc? Summed up in like one page in the manga which makes bringing back Frieza later after that feel more jarring in the manga. And the Broly story is just outright skipped in the manga.

Obviously for now the manga is the ideal choice for Moro and beyond because those arcs haven’t been animated yet, but for everything before I prefer the anime and consider the manga a nice bonus choice.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
I'm going to check out the Dandadan anime, science saru's animation is nice.

Personally this fall I'm looking forward to Trillion Game by Madhouse and the DR.Stone author.

I was just looking at Science Saru Wikipedia Page and it looks like they are working on the next Ghost In The Shell show. I hope it's great since I love Season 1/2 of Ghost In The Shell SAC + the movie. The Netflix SAC 3D Sequel Anime Series was horrible
Oh shit, Danmachi is next season? Hopefully it's as good as S4. Last season was really great

Here's the complete list for next season

OH SHIT SHANGRI-LA FRONTIER 2 IS ALSO NEXT SEASON
Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru 2nd Season also next season.
NEW NATSUME YUUJINCHOU?!
MAGILUMIERE TOO?!

Dang, another packed season

Right now there's 4 shows I really want to see out of those fall 2024 lineup. I haven't heard of the ones you mentioned just now. Most of the time I just read the manga

Hopefully they can do the art justice

F-bSOBIakAAWPRt.jpg

dan-ban.jpg

5LYzTBVoS196gvYvw3zjwNFfG2kR1xNsWbFC8JQP7mw

I love Chainsaw Man (Manga) but when it comes to art Dandadan is on another level. I need to catch up on both Mangas but I feel that Chainsaw Man art isn't as good compared to Dandadan art. I just hope the art and animation is high quality when it comes to the anime

The_hunter

Konosuba is the funniest anime I've ever seen in my life and season 3 had me in literal tears laughing ahahaha.
Whoever came up with this show is brilliant.
The author also wrote Kemono Michi. It's a little different, but might be worth checking out.

Last edited:

sigmaZ

Man I'm so tempted to Google these up 👀
Watched half of the new Ranma. It's much better than I was expecting. The first two episodes are a bit lacking compared to the original (largely do to the lack of music), but things vastly improve from the third episode. I'm also not a fan of the current ending theme, but I like what they did for the opening theme. I think the best thing so far is the pacing of the romance development. It feels like each episode is building on the relationship little by little. This is something I felt the Lum anime could've maybe have done better.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Watched half of the new Ranma. It's much better than I was expecting. The first two episodes are a bit lacking compared to the original (largely do to the lack of music), but things vastly improve from the third episode. I'm also not a fan of the current ending theme, but I like what they did for the opening theme. I think the best thing so far is the pacing of the romance development. It feels like each episode is building on the relationship little by little. This is something I felt the Lum anime could've maybe have done better.

Yeah I decided to wait since I heard they aren't fully animated yet

dave_d

I got to ask. In newer animes do they get actually English speakers when the character is supposed to speak English? Just asking asking since I'm watching Itazura na Kiss on Amazon prime and it's subtitled but a couple characters are supposed to be English speakers but you can tell the VA's aren't. (They probably sound almost as bad as me speaking French when I got stuck taking that in college. I wish I could have gotten out of that one.) You'd think they'd just hire a second set of voice actors to do the English parts.

NanaMiku

I got to ask. In newer animes do they get actually English speakers when the character is supposed to speak English? Just asking asking since I'm watching Itazura na Kiss on Amazon prime and it's subtitled but a couple characters are supposed to be English speakers but you can tell the VA's aren't. (They probably sound almost as bad as me speaking French when I got stuck taking that in college. I wish I could have gotten out of that one.) You'd think they'd just hire a second set of voice actors to do the English parts.
Nope, still the same.

The only anomaly is this anime, the voice actor for EN and JP is the same because she grew up in LA

She also have a YouTube channel

Last edited:

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
anybody watched Land Of Tanabata?

I know it's a live action thing, but it's one of the most faithful adaptation from a manga I've ever seen. they did add some minor things in there to pad thing up a little but over all it pretty much followed the original in all the details. I've been a big fan of Hitoshi Iwaaki's Parasyte and I read Tanabata back when it was first serialized. it is a slow burn but it's pretty interesting. if you want to binge something over the weekend, this 10 eps sci-fi mystery series would be just the thing for you.

NanaMiku

I just found out that Jump also made a video presentation like Nintendo Direct lol

Witch Watch is now confirmed to receive an anime. From the author of Sket Dance and Astra Lost in Space. All of his works have received anime.

JJK ending in 5 chapters.

HxH returning the week after.

Shounen Jump is in a dangerous place.
shonen battle, sure. But Jump currently has pretty diverse titles, not focusing on battle only

fbea57ed4b.png

From my observations, their focus right now is more on comedy manga.

The_hunter

I just found out that Jump also made a video presentation like Nintendo Direct lol

Witch Watch is now confirmed to receive an anime. From the author of Sket Dance and Astra Lost in Space. All of his works have received anime.

shonen battle, sure. But Jump currently has pretty diverse titles, not focusing on battle only

fbea57ed4b.png

I read a few volumes of Witch Watch, it's enjoyable.

Nah they will find talent like they usually do

Like Dandadan and Chainsaw Man
They're literally doing a Battle Manga competition. DanDaDan and CSM are Jump+

fbea57ed4b.png

See, you ain't wrong, the only thing SJ is lacking is a notable sports series but the battle manga is what the average consumer loves, Undead Unluck and Sakamoto Days just aren't big enough. Elusive Bussy has had a boost from the anime.

NanaMiku

They're literally doing a Battle Manga competition. DanDaDan and CSM are Jump+

See, you ain't wrong, the only thing SJ is lacking is a notable sports series but the battle manga is what the average consumer loves, Undead Unluck and Sakamoto Days just aren't big enough. Elusive Bussy has had a boost from the anime.
Their sports title are in the other magazine. My favorite is Days of Diamond. Jump has too much spinoff magazine lol.

338290.jpg

Started watching Gundam After War X after that dude who sometimes posted on here was gassing the fuck out of it but dropped it like two months ago. Picked it back up at the end of the Sea of Lorelei... If you ignore that this show completely fucking fails at the premise of Mad Max Gundam like it pitches in the first episode it's actually okay. The English ending song is good.

Delphisage

Started watching Gundam After War X after that dude who sometimes posted on here was gassing the fuck out of it but dropped it like two months ago. Picked it back up at the end of the Sea of Lorelei... If you ignore that this show completely fucking fails at the premise of Mad Max Gundam like it pitches in the first episode it's actually okay. The English ending song is good.
Yeah, there's a couple stretches of dumb in the show, like the Lorelei Sea and Estardo arcs. Still a whole bunch of good throughout if you're not expecting Mad Max and know it's gonna be a space opera.

GateofD

Neo Member
The First Slam Dunk movie is on netflix now. Didn't see it in theaters, and I watched and rewatched the old Slam Dunk anime quite a few times with the old school yellow subs. So happy to get to see it finally.

Tower Dungeon is like if Yasumi Matsuno made Darkest Dungeon and it's fucking fire. I don't like how Nihei's style has gotten more round and and less detailed with age but it's still very good.

Komatsu

Personally can't wait for the Terminator Anime. Huge fan of Production IG, specially when it comes to dark future/cyberpunk settings.

Top Bottom