• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 46 21.6%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 79 37.1%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 41 19.2%

• Total voters

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan

Do Want Give It To Me GIF

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
trailer for The Most Notorious "Talker" Runs The World's Best Clan dropped. I read the manga before and this one looks good if they're willing to be faithful on how ruthless the protagonist is. the world setting is pretty interesting and the "Talker" job is basically the buffer (haste, strength buff, that sorta things) and the weakest fighting job. but our protagonist climb the ranks through rigorous training, strategic calculation, and sheer ruthlessness. definitely something to watch for.

edit: ho boy, they got Takehito Koyasu to play that guy? this gon be good. :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
Question for One Piece fans.
Do the recent Crunchyroll episodes have image format issues? I feel like everything is zoomed in like several inches are cropped from all around the borders. As if it's a 4:3 zoomed to fit 16:9.
Several characters often have the tops of their heads cut off and it feels like the 'camera' is just right up in everyones faces.
The subtitles are placed correctly so thats not an issue.

I know the first few years were indeed in 4:3 zoomed in but they eventually switched to wide screen. I can go back to Water 7 and the image feels normal in 16:9
It's been several years since I watched the One Piece Anime and I thought I might check out the Wano arc but the format feels wrong.
Maybe the Anime decided to adopt the Peter Jackson style of directing with one characters face taking up the entire screen.

Pretty happy right now, just received something that's been my anime white whale for more than ten years. Randomly found it last month for 45€, when most of the ones you'll see on the Internet easily go for more than 100. Perfect shape, all parts included, and as always when you order something from Japan on eBay it came with a small "thank you" not and a crane origami. :messenger_heart:

9L7pAy9.png

Of course this means I am not obligated by law to re-watch the entire Nanoha series...

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
anyone want some big cock action? I've read the manga and there are definitely some hilarious moments in there. will keep an eye out for this one.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire

Deets via Gematsu:
CyberAgent, Colorful Palette, SEGA, and animation studio PAWORKS have announced Project SEKAI the Movie: Kowareta SEKAI to Utaenai MIKU, the first anime movie based on the rhythm and adventure game Hatsune Miku: COLORFUL STAGE! (known as Project SEKAI: COLORFUL STAGE! feat. Hatsune Miku in Japan). It will premiere in theaters on January 17, 2025 in Japan.

The movie will feature a completely original story, featuring a new Hatsune Miku not depicted in the game. The main visual displays a lonely-looking Hatsune Miku covered in noise on the busy streets of Shibuya, ignored by most of the people passing by, and without a reflection in the puddle beneath her.

Key visual:

Project-SEKAI-the-Movie_-Kowareta-SEKAI-to-Utaenai-MIKU_2024_07-29-24_012.jpg

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I can't be the only one who's noticed this but what's with anime titles the last few years? They're long as hell. Half of them are like "anime protag is stuck in a magical world as a refrigerator and must marry the princess quintuplets."

Delphisage

I can't be the only one who's noticed this but what's with anime titles the last few years? They're long as hell. Half of them are like "anime protag is stuck in a magical world as a refrigerator and must marry the princess quintuplets."
That's how Shousetsuka Ni Narou works: Shove your purported premise in the title and hope it catches attention.

Doom85

They’re light novel adaptations. The light novel market is packed with tons of titles, and publishers started pushing writers to have their titles spell out the premise as most shoppers wouldn’t bother pulling a book out to read the synopsis, but having the synopsis on the spine that can be quickly read solves that issue.

giIJUZw.jpeg
Next big SJ hit as MHA concludes.
I started Kagurabachi curious to see if it would be axxed, it was in that range of being fresh and interesting but hard to tell it it was going to be good enough to continue. Over the chapters it cemented itself as actually pretty fucking good. I feel the author has improved in his art and panelling. He even wrote some compelling character backstories in the current arc. I love this series now and hope it continues for a long time.

Doom85

Reaction GIF

A) Chibi Reviews is a Youtuber, AKA 90% likely to rely on clickbait. Take anything “reported” with a grain of salt.

B) why does this have to be a bad thing? Suicide Squad Isekai was obviously approved by Warner Bros, and I’ve not seen anyone complain about it much. Star Wars Visions was mostly well received. Hell, in the 2010’s, we had FOUR Marvel anime series practically at once, not an issue with anyone. Animatrix mostly slapped, etc etc.

C) we are overloaded on anime every season, and plenty of it is expendable junk food. I think if we go from ten new isekai and four battle royales every season, to only nine new isekai and three battle royales to make room for a comic book anime or movie anime here or there, I’m going to make a CRAZY take and say anime will be just fine

Comforting Maribeth Monroe GIF by CBS

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Fall 2024 Anime Season is looking great

Dandadan Season 1- Huge fan of the manga. I'm picky with my Shounen nowadays and this manga is fantastic. From what I seen from the anime previews this looks fantastic both in animation and visual style.

Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In a Dungeon Season 5 - Again huge fan of this series. Looking into reading the Light Novels sometime

Uzumaki - Huge fan of the manga. From what I seen of the previews, they really took their time with it. Looks like a faithful Adaptation too

Ranma 1/2 - Looks like good fun

Most likely gonna to binge watch them when all the episodes are released 👀

NanaMiku

Dandadan Season 1- Huge fan of the manga. I'm picky with my Shounen nowadays and this manga is fantastic. From what I seen from the anime previews this looks fantastic both in animation and visual style.

Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In a Dungeon Season 5 - Again huge fan of this series. Looking into reading the Light Novels sometime

Uzumaki - Huge fan of the manga. From what I seen of the previews, they really took their time with it. Looks like a faithful Adaptation too

Oh shit, Danmachi is next season? Hopefully it's as good as S4. Last season was really great

Here's the complete list for next season

OH SHIT SHANGRI-LA FRONTIER 2 IS ALSO NEXT SEASON
Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru 2nd Season also next season.
NEW NATSUME YUUJINCHOU?!
MAGILUMIERE TOO?!

Dang, another packed season

Last edited:

The_hunter

I'm going to check out the Dandadan anime, science saru's animation is nice.

Personally this fall I'm looking forward to Trillion Game by Madhouse and the DR.Stone author.

Last edited:
Top Bottom