• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 46 21.6%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 79 37.1%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 41 19.2%

• Total voters

Shouta

Goku is hella dumb ins Z. He's just an even bigger goofball in Super. Old-age makes you silly like that.

DonJimbo

Goku is hella dumb ins Z. He's just an even bigger goofball in Super. Old-age makes you silly like that.
No he is not that dumb he thinks about his family and friend and the planet earth but in super he is not only dumb but a moron who thinks only about fighting

Last edited:

Akuza89

No its not Toriyama is only a superviser and the story is done by another guy
There is no proof either that its canon

No its not give me proof that it is

"Unlike projects like Dragon Ball GT, Toriyama has given direct assistance to Dragon Ball Super. The acclaimed creator gives illustrators and animators text, storyboards, and character designs for its major arcs. As such, the official creator’s canon is adhered to with minimal deviation"

source.
Is there any reason you think it isn't canon? just curious as you seem quite confident in saying it isn't.

Last edited:

DonJimbo

"Unlike projects like Dragon Ball GT, Toriyama has given direct assistance to Dragon Ball Super. The acclaimed creator gives illustrators and animators text, storyboards, and character designs for its major arcs. As such, the official creator’s canon is adhered to with minimal deviation"

source.
Is there any reason you think it isn't canon? just curious as you seem quite confident in saying it is.
It depends on the opinion of the viewer
Even if its canon its the worst shit ever the downfall of a legend

Akuza89

hey that's fair enough, if you don't like the series I get that, is it the constant adding of new saiyan transformations that annoys you?

I loved the series (baring in mind it is coming back after the broly movie) and even I found the amount of new forms added in quite annoying and just another get out clause.

DonJimbo

hey that's fair enough, if you don't like the series I get that, is it the constant adding of new saiyan transformations that annoys you?

I loved the series (baring in mind it is coming back after the broly movie) and even I found the amount of new forms added in quite annoying and just another get out clause.
Im a big DB fan i grew up with it i have fond memories with goku from his beginning and his adulthood but gt and super are worse the downfall
My problem is the story and the transformations and the characters and villains
The characters are so forgetable
The Story is shit
Toriyama completely failed
The Series was only a moneymaker with no ideas it was so empty
The two originals were full of enjoyment and i loved to watch them hell i watched them so many times and the movies aswell i loved it and it never got old for me
But GT and Super are not acceptable

Shouta

No he is not that dumb he thinks about his family and friend and the planet earth but in super he is not only dumb but a moron who thinks only about fighting

Goku is a moron and a goof in DB and DBZ. Super is consistent with that. Look how carefree and all that when he was a kid taking on the Red Ribbon Army or the shenanigans he gets into during his adventures.. He's been a moron a bunch of times as well. He not only let Vegeta go, he also spared Freeza which could have costed him, he gave cell a senzu bean before taking on Gohan. Hell, if he was being merciless and serious about saving the planet, he could have probably defeated Cell after the warp kamehameha since it takes time for him to regenerate. He also decided to stay dead after Cell is defeated despite having a second son on the way, lol.

If your experience is with the English dub of the series, his characterization is way more heroic than it is in the original Japanese version where he's an idiot bumpkin that really likes fighting.

DonJimbo

Goku is a moron and a goof in DB and DBZ. Super is consistent with that. Look how carefree and all that when he was a kid taking on the Red Ribbon Army or the shenanigans he gets into during his adventures.. He's been a moron a bunch of times as well. He not only let Vegeta go, he also spared Freeza which could have costed him, he gave cell a senzu bean before taking on Gohan. Hell, if he was being merciless and serious about saving the planet, he could have probably defeated Cell after the warp kamehameha since it takes time for him to regenerate. He also decided to stay dead after Cell is defeated despite having a second son on the way, lol.

If your experience is with the English dub of the series, his characterization is way more heroic than it is in the original Japanese version where he's an idiot bumpkin that really likes fighting.
I watched the German dub i think it depends on the way how they synchronize him hell they changed his voice in super and i hate it
He careless has to do with the power of him and his intrigue to find new enemies to get more powerful
He was more lovely in his childhood and Z

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
DB peaked at DB. Z was memetown and GT never existed.

hecatomb

Banned
thats only your opinion though, even dbz is not the best thing ever. They added the most useless story arc, with garlic jr. And a lot of eps have nothing happening, like snake way taking something like 20 eps, not to mention the Buu saga is pretty weak compared to the rest of the series.

Last edited:

DonJimbo

thats only your opinion though, even dbz is not the best thing ever. They added the most useless story arc, with garlic jr. And a lot of eps have nothing happening, not to mention the Buu saga is pretty weak compared to the rest of the series.
The Best part was the Freezer and Cell episodes Boo was not that bad the Vegetto episodes were funny and of course Gotenks was funny and we got the SSJ3 form of Goku
DBZ was miles better than the Shit Super and GT are together
Its not my opinion it really depends on the opinion of the viewer
Some say it is canon some say its not
some parts are canon some parts not because the series is not a full adaption of the manga
Either its canon or not
Its shit

Last edited:

Dunki

The Best part was the Freezer and Cell episodes Boo was not that bad the Vegetto episodes were funny and of course Gotenks was funny and we got the SSJ3 form of Goku
really? I absolutely loved Super. The begining was a bit boring mostly because there were movie adaptions but the rest was great and it had the best ending of all Dragonaball series.

This shit was so hype

DonJimbo

really? I absolutely loved Super. The begining was a bit boring mostly because there were movie adaptions but the rest was great and it had the best ending of all Dragonaball series.

This shit was so hype

You loved it but i hated it
I saw some episodes but didnt like it deleted all the episodes from my hdd and deleted the bookmark aswell
Even the two movies were shit useless junk

Last edited:

Dunki

You loved it but i hated it
I saw some episodes but didnt like it
So you have not seen anything just a few episodes?

Seriously I have never seen something like that before. It brought people together for sure. Also this was Freezers Redemption Arc which was really cool to see.

Last edited:

DonJimbo

Seriously I have never seen something like that before. It brought people together for sure. Also this was Freezers Redemption Arc which was really cool to see.

I didnt like the Black Goku arc
Even Caulifla and Kale were Shit
Beerus and Whis are boring
The Galaxy tournament was boring
The Characters and the Story are boring

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
DB peaked with Z
GT and Super never existed
I liked the adventure more than the teleportation fights and 30 minutes of powering up eps...

I didnt like the Black Goku arc
Even Caulifla and Kale were Shit
Beerus and Whis are boring
The Galaxy tournament was boring
The Characters and the Story are boring
Its ok to not like things.

Last edited by a moderator:

DonJimbo

It doesnt care me that it brought people together
The worst movie brings people together aswell because of loyal fans who cares
Super was a dumb series only to make money to milk old and loyal fans thats all and im dissapointed

Last edited:

hecatomb

Banned
some parts are canon some parts not because the series is not a full adaption of the manga
Either its canon or not
Its shit
The only character that mattered in DBZ was Goku, and Gohan only beat Cell, everyone else was useless. Then the garlic jr saga was so bad I almost quit watching it altogether. A lot of characters in super got their screen time, even Yamcha with the baseball eps. I think you are the only person I've heard not like the female saiyans, and I also think you are the only person I know of who didn't like the universe tournament arc. Like I said its your opinion if you don't like super, but a lot of people liked it.

Last edited:

DonJimbo

The only character that mattered in DBZ was Goku, and Gohan only beat Cell, everyone else was useless. Then the garlic jr saga was so bad I almost quit watching it altogether. A lot of characters in super got their screen time, even Yamcha with the baseball eps. I think you are the only person I've heard not like the female saiyans, and I also think you are the only person I know of who didn't like the universe tournament arc. Like I said its your opinion if you don't like super, but a lot of people liked it.
Youre wrong
All of the protagonists in Z were evolved and their character developed during Z
Its Super were its only about Goku and the other characters are some idiots with no use snd function Super and GT insult Dragon Ball
My taste is different than yours thats obvious you can think what you want you have youre opinion and i have mine

LordPezix

I just finished re-watching season 1 this week. MS gave it away pho free so I was like why not.

Vegeta is soooo good. It's still weird for me to see him play a villain.

hecatomb

Banned
Youre wrong
All of the protagonists in Z were evolved and their character developed during Z
Its Super were its only about Goku and the other characters are some idiots with no use snd function Super and GT insult Dragon Ball
My taste is different than yours thats obvious you can think what you want you have youre opinion and i have mine
Actually you're wrong, no one in DBZ could beat anyone. And all the human characters were completely useless, and always lost.
Goku always had to save everyone, and Gohan 1 time.

Last edited:

DonJimbo

actually your wrong, no one in DBZ could beat anyone. Goku always had to save everyone, and Gohan 1 time.
Piccolo against Radditz Gohan against Bojack in the Movie
Dragon Ball is only about Goku because Goku is the main character and his character was completed in Z there was no need for GT and Super

hecatomb

Banned
Dragon Ball is only about Goku because Goku is the main character and his character was completed in Z there was no need for GT and Super
lol why are you bringing up dbz movies, they are not even canon.

hecatomb

Banned
Bojack is a movie, and Piccolo only won cause Goku had to sacrifice himself. After that Piccolo just gets killed off or beaten by everyone in DBZ. Gets owned by Nappa, gets owned by Frieza, gets owned by the androids, couldn't beat Cell, and couldn't do anything vs Buu. Piccolo is pretty useless in DBZ.

Last edited:

DonJimbo

Bojack is a movie, and Piccolo only won cause Goku had to sacrifice himself. After that Piccolo just gets killed off or beaten by everyone in DBZ. Gets owned by Nappa, gets owned by Frieza, gets owned by the androids, couldn't beat Cell, and couldn't do anything vs Buu. Piccolo is pretty useless in DBZ.
Even if they were useless it was DBZ who made this series famous in the world and i love it but it doesnt change my opinion on Super and GT there are many reasons i didnt like them as a DB fan from the beginning

Last edited:

Dunki

This makes no sense especially with the last arc because many people did shine there even Muten Roshi. Frieza had a redemption arc, Android 17 won the whole thing. You had Vegta beating Toppo and so on. The only one who got fucked in there was Picolo and Gohan. As for popularity

Super got Dragonball back on the map with a new Movie coming out and a new series later. Also Broly a fan favorite is now canon as well. Super archived something not even DBZ could do.

Last edited:

hecatomb

Banned
I thinks its bad. Not for me but its nice other people enjoy it.
I mean theres always going to be someone thinks something is bad, even if a million people like something, theres always going to be 1 person who doesn't like it. But saying the anime is shit, is just a opinion, its not a fact that anime is bad.

Last edited:

DonJimbo

This makes no sense especially with the last arc because many people did shine there even Muten Roshi. Frieza had a redemption arc, Android 17 won the whole thing. You had Vegta beating Toppo and so on. The only one who got fucked in there was Picolo and Gohan. As for popularity

Super got Dragonball back on the map with a new Movie coming out and a new series later. Also Broly a fan favorite is now canon as well. Super archived something not even DBZ could do.
After i got dissapointed with Super im indifferent what will come next for Dragon Ball
I give no shit about Dragon Ball anymore
Its dead for me
How is broly canon now but bojack cooler tarles and the androids from the movies are not canon that makes no sense

Last edited:

hecatomb

Banned
The Broly movies are most likely not cannon, but Toriyama said he is canon, which means he doesn't show up till super.

Berserk episode 355
Guess who has returned to reality/sanity.
HGcdH4jl.jpg

God damn, that was a long wait.
I guess this means the end could be near ?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
That happened months ago still waiting on translations from Griff's always winning chapter that happens next

Expect Casca to be mindbroken again

This week on jump
Promised Neverland Episode 102
19 months after destruction of GP hunting grounds
U5O8lXGh.jpg

Just to be clear, the guy to the left is Ray/Rei.
Emma needs a haircut.

Last edited:
Top Bottom