• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Season Fall 2024

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

XSVCnzJ.png

BFqam93.png

4LJJeER.png

Notables:

Dragon Ball Daima

It's said that Toriyama was much more heavily involved in this than the other anime projects, and that production has taken its time for once.

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War Part 3

Bleach TYBW has been good so far. The terrible pacing that plagued most of the original series is addressed, and it has good production values and high stakes.

Ranma 1/2 remake

Rumiko Takahashi's gender shifting classic. Nice animation, but looks to be sanitized to some degree for modern audiences.

Arcane S2

The League of Legends thing.

Blue Lock S2

Soccer anime. Not sure why the official trailer lacks any footage.

RE:Zero S3

Sentimental isekai harem thing about a loser who can rewind time after dying. The waifus from this one are everywhere in Japan. Not my cup of tea but widely loved within the genre.

I'm sure I'm missing a couple, but that's all I can find between the 50 isekai shows with run-on sentence titles.

Hookshot

Gold Member
So crazy to see that Bleach successfully came back, I slogged through to the end but it definitely needed changes which the anime has been doing.

Also coincidentally it's the 25th anniversary of Naruto today.

Tams

Isekai really has become a scourge on the medium. You could probably write a doctorate thesis on why it has become so common and popular.

Anyway, I will solely blame you if I become a NEET watching anime again.

near

Gold Member
Thanks for making this thread! I'm quite hyped for Dan Da Dan and I will check out Arcane S2 for sure.

Edit: Dan Da Dan 3rd trailer dropped just over a week ago:

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Thanks for making this thread! I'm quite hyped for Dan Da Dan and I will check out Arcane S2 for sure.

Edit: Dan Da Dan 3rd trailer dropped just over a week ago:

Ah, good call, that looks cool. Hard to find anyone with good taste when I search through the internet at large for the notable shows, so GAF to the rescue.

near

Gold Member
Ah, good call, that looks cool. Hard to find anyone with good taste when I search through the internet at large for the notable shows, so GAF to the rescue.
I'm often searching for recommendations myself, far too often do I start a series and end up dropping it. But I've had my eye on this one for a few months now, it looks pretty good.

Hookshot

Gold Member
Isekai really has become a scourge on the medium. You could probably write a doctorate thesis on why it has become so common and popular.
That and the Korean stories about different dimensions and hunters fighting the monsters from them, often in towers. There are so many different ideas that could be used but instead it's 100x generic with minor differences between them.

Doom85

Re:Zero is back?

the king has returned GIF

To be clear, I ignore 99% of isekai, but there are a SMALL handful that are worth it (basically this, Konosuba, and No Game No Life. I do need to check out Reincarnated as a Slime sometime) and Re:Zero is definitely one of them.

Man, I should give Season 2 of Tower of God a go with how much I loved Season 1, but the complaints about the animation sound like it’s going to hurt my soul when I watch it. I remember some complaining about the animation in Season 1, which sure wasn’t amazing but not every show is going to get Demon Slayer level animation, guess those people are realizing to respect Season 1 somewhat now in retrospect.

Pretty cool Blue Exorcist is still getting new seasons, that one seemed like it was done anime-wise for a lot of years. Though at this point, I’ll just read the manga when it’s finished, I did love Season 1 (the non-filler section which was the first 16 episodes IIRC) and man that OP from Uverworld went hard!

Also glad this thread was made, I had no idea Look Back was next month in US theaters! Holy shit, that snuck up on me! This is based off of one of Tatsuki Fujimoto’s (the mangaka of Chainsaw Man) one shots, and it is excellent, hopefully his other one shot, Goodbye Eri, gets animated eventually as well.

Arcane Season 2? My god, it’s finally here. Peak has returned.

Jurassic Park Hold Onto Your Butts GIF
Happy Lets Go GIF by Major League Soccer

Keeping up with current seasonal anime gives me anxiety thinking about it. It's mostly all garbage now.

I'm finishing off After War X then I'm either gonna watch Mellowlink or some other Boomer anime.

Biff

So is One Punch Man season 3 ever coming out? lol

I've completely lost all hype for it. What a disappointment in development time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
In for Dan Da Dan, Tomb Raider... and Bananya.

7167bee2f849551f57f0b1ee1199089c.gif

Last edited:

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
So crazy to see that Bleach successfully came back, I slogged through to the end but it definitely needed changes which the anime has been doing.

Also coincidentally it's the 25th anniversary of Naruto today.

I hope for the Naruto anime that they are doing, that it's a retelling of the manga. As much as I love the OG anime and Shippuden, those shows had a ton of faults. Not to mention Fillers

As for Bleach, my favorite arcs have always been the Soul Society and Thousand Year Blood War Arc. So I'm waiting till all the episodes are out till I watch it and I'm taking about not only this season but the rest of the remaining episodes.

As for the rest of the stuff I'm interested in

Dandadan

HUGE fan of the manga and am surprised it still feels fresh even past 150 Chapters. When it comes to Shonen, I'm much more picky nowadays

Uzumaki

Again huge fan of the manga and the anime is looking to be a proper adaptation

Danmachi Season 5

I'm waiting till all the episodes for Part 1 and Part 2 are released so I can just binge it

Go_Ly_Dow

Look guys and gals, here me out, but you should all watch Thunderbolt Fantasy, which technically isn't anime but is created and written by non other than top G Gen Urobuchi.

Notable works:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Fate/Zero
Psycho-Pass
Saya no Uta
Kamen Rider Gaim

Hiroyuki Sawano is the composer. (Attack on Titan, Xenoblade X and a million other things)

The direction and action is superb, the story is mythological and very enjoyable as are the characters. The music/soundtrack is also great.

Season 4 is out in October and the first 3 seasons are short and there's a movie.

Give it a go and maybe you'll end up loving it as much as I do. :pie_raybans:

Last edited:

Durien

Anyway, I will solely blame you if I become a NEET watching anime again.
Wholeheartedly agree. Just give me more Konosuba and get rid of the rest. I liked Sword Art Online but they really milked it..

Durien

BTW, not sure if you watched it this season but two of the surprises for me were My Deer Friend Nokotan and the Magic Girl and the Evil Lieutenant used to be enemies were pretty damn funny, especially the different take on magic girls in the latter show.

Pejo

Fans of the original are gonna be so buttblasted by the Ranma remake.

Anyways, I haven't seen Blue Exorcist in a long ass time, might have to rewatch what's available to get ready for this new one.

After I read spoilers from the ending of MHA manga, I no longer want to watch the rest of that show.

So for me, it's checking out the random shit and finding hidden gems, like usual.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Fans of the original are gonna be so buttblasted by the Ranma remake.

Anyways, I haven't seen Blue Exorcist in a long ass time, might have to rewatch what's available to get ready for this new one.

After I read spoilers from the ending of MHA manga, I no longer want to watch the rest of that show.

So for me, it's checking out the random shit and finding hidden gems, like usual.

I was planning on watching Ranma 1/2 but hearing how they are gonna to modern audience it, I'm skipping it

As for My Hero Academia, I thought the manga was just good. That ending was terrible. So yeah I'm skipping watching any more of the anime

I really reccomand watching Uzumaki and Dandadan since both are looking to be good Adaptations

Elfstar

I've seen every episode of the new Ranma's anime, and it basically has all the typical pros and cons of modern remakes: horribly downgraded artstyle, shading and colors, better/more animation on average, way faster paced, waaay more faithful to the manga (almost 1:1), fanservice that has been either toned down or completely censored.

Also I must say, the "artistic" choice of making it look pseudo-pop artish and mangaish with the giant dot-printing and the sound effects all over the screen, with the sudden color palette changes in the action scene is fucking stupid, it doesn't add anything, it's distracting and it just there to look "stylish" for the sake of it. They did the same with the Lum remake, so they must think it's brilliant.

In the end it's not terrible, it still gives you something the 90s og series lacked, so at least you can finally enjoy Gosunkugi-kun in glorious animated form.

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Excited for MF GHOST and the OVERLORD movie....thats about it

This season is.....every show I think is super overrated (re:zero, MHA, bleach, blue lock/exorcist, arcane) is back with a new season whoo hoo lol

Shame what they did to Ranma I might just watch the OG again and re-read the manga while listening to that awesome OST for old times sake

Dandadan has the most tired 'not this again' trope/plot ever
Production values are sure to be off the charts but I'm not even bothering I know its not for me

Hopefully some of these shows I know nothing about surprise me!

Paltheos

The only thing I know for sure I'm watching is Bleach. The production all-around has been so much more solid. The superfans have pointed out some of the fun stuff that was cut, but I think the anime-original content has made up for it Senjumaru's bankai was a thrill to watch. Such a cool surprise.. The only complaint I have wrt production is the OST. It doesn't have the energy of the original and sounds more homogenous, and I feel like there was an attempt to tone it down for some reason. Weird and glaring misstep. The old Bleach music is baller.

I liked ReZero S1 but 2 just went over my head.

It's not you. By the end, S2 is branching out with more and more characters and plotlines and simultaneously not really saying much. There's a lot of gesticulating, but the show doesn't bother establishing their importance or connection to what's going on already. Shame too. I liked the first half of S2. The scenario is interesting and I liked some of the new characters (particularly Echidna, voiced by legend Maaya Sakamoto). Plus, Subaru being an awful person who doesn't understand why his machinations often fail never stops being entertaining television.

kunonabi

I've seen every episode of the new Ranma's anime, and it basically has all the typical pros and cons of modern remakes: horribly downgraded artstyle, shading and colors, better/more animation on average, way faster paced, waaay more faithful to the manga (almost 1:1), fanservice that has been either toned down or completely censored.

Also I must say, the "artistic" choice of making it look pseudo-pop artish and mangaish with the giant dot-printing and the sound effects all over the screen, with the sudden color palette changes in the action scene is fucking stupid, it doesn't add anything, it's distracting and it just there to look "stylish" for the sake of it. They did the same with the Lum remake, so they must think it's brilliant.

In the end it's not terrible, it still gives you something the 90s og series lacked, so at least you can finally enjoy Gosunkugi-kun in glorious animated form.
The only reasons to watch ranma in animated form were the English dub(pre-Cox) and Ukyo x Ryoga which this series isnt going to have. The manga is just sooo much better.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm completely unfamiliar with Dandadan and that first episode was a huge WTF.

I love the concept but that was way too lewd. Is it always like this?

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right

My wife is a huge fan of the original anime and she's super disappointed at how toned down the remake is.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Dude I can't wait to watch this. I love the manga and consider it one of the best ongoing Shonen only surpassed by One Piece

Last edited:

Fbh

The lewdness gets toned down later on, but the weirdness stays the same.
Just like Chainsawman I think the first couple of arcs are fun but easily the worst part, it gets way better later on.
When I started reading the manga at first I was like "this is sort of weird and fun"...but then it quickly grew into my favorite ongoing shounen (the art being god tier for a weekly manga also helps, hopefully the anime can keep the production values high to do it justice)

SJRB

Gold Member
Just like Chainsawman I think the first couple of arcs are fun but easily the worst part, it gets way better later on.
When I started reading the manga at first I was like "this is sort of weird and fun"...but then it quickly grew into my favorite ongoing shounen (the art being god tier for a weekly manga also helps, hopefully the anime can keep the production values high to do it justice)

If it's like CSM I'll keep watching. First chapters of CSM are all about Denji wanting to touch boobs and having a pretty weird vibe and look where that manga is now, easily some of the craziest and most intense stuff ever.

I love CSM.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan

I'm a fan of the Lewdness but Dandadan is no Seinen so the author had to tone it down

As for how it ranks for me when it comes to currently running Shonen, Dandadan is currently my second favorite with One Piece being my favorite currently. With Dandadan I don't run into the issue that most Shonen have after 100 Chapters, where it gets stale quickly (Always been more of a Seinen fan than Shonen) I'm like 10 to 15 Chapters behind but everytime I read it, it goes by fast. The manga is currently past 150 Chapters and how the author manage to make things fresh and fun has been amazing. I'm a huge Chainsaw Man fan too (Manga)

I'm hyped for Danmachi season 5 let's gooooo

I'm waiting for all the episodes from Part 1 and Part 2 to be fully aired so I can binge it all. I'm thinking of getting into the light novels

If it's like CSM I'll keep watching. First chapters of CSM are all about Denji wanting to touch boobs and having a pretty weird vibe and look where that manga is now, easily some of the craziest and most intense stuff ever.

I love CSM.

For me the lewdness doesn't bother me but the story does go into some crazy fun highs. And so far the story hasn't bored me. I'll be watching this later today. And I consider Dandadan better than Chainsaw Man which I love too

For me Top Three Ongoing Shonen is One Piece, Dandadan and Chainsaw Man

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: Fbh

near

Gold Member
Finished the first episode of Dandadan.

The good:
+ Art direction
+ Character designs
+ Animation
+ Opening song is a banger
+ Silly but enjoyable dialogue

The bad:
- First episode is overly obscene with unnecessary sexual innuendo when it isn't already throwing it in your face

Overall, it's interesting enough that I'll watch a couple more episodes of it at least.

I'm watching so goddamn much lol

Continuing:
2.5 Dimensional Seduction
Delico's Nursery

New:
Uzumaki: Spiral into Horror
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Season 3
Mecha-Ude: Mechanical Arms
Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles Season 2
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Season 3
Dandadan
Shangri-La Frontier Season 2
Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online II
Dragon Ball Daima
You Are Ms. Servant
Demon Lord, Retry! R
I’ll Become a Villainess Who Goes Down in History
Ranma ½ (2024)
Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Disturbance
MF Ghost 2nd Season
Demon Lord 2099
The Do-Over Damsel Conquers The Dragon Emperor
If My Wife Becomes an Elementary School Student.
Nina the Starry Bride
Love Live! Superstar!! 3rd Season
The Blue Wolves of Mibu
The Most Notorious "Talker" Runs the World's Greatest Clan

Also, I yet again ask for more Toaru anime, whether a new Railgun season or Index New Testament.

Last edited:
Top Bottom