• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Season Summer 2024

Rat Rage

I'll keep an eye on this thread. Usually, I'm very oldskool and don't watch new anime, but several people recommended Frieren in a similar thread not too long ago, which turned out to be a great hit (for me).

Dr.Morris79

Has anyone got any animes that I could watch, that are a completely finished series?

The last one I sat down to watch was Attack on Titan, season 1. That was ages ago.

Wouldn't mind watching something good. I'm finding normal western TV utter shite lately. Was going to watch The outer range season 2 and just seen it's been canned, so that's crap. And From and Severence isn't out for ages!

NanaMiku

LOL Takaya Kuroda is in Ramen Akaneko. There's also Rie Kugimiya in there. So the Yakuza combo of Kiryu + Haruka is back

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Has anyone got any animes that I could watch, that are a completely finished series?

The last one I sat down to watch was Attack on Titan, season 1. That was ages ago.

Wouldn't mind watching something good. I'm finding normal western TV utter shite lately. Was going to watch The outer range season 2 and just seen it's been canned, so that's crap. And From and Severence isn't out for ages!

Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex
Paranoia Agent
Last Exile
Welcome To The N.H.K.
Gundam 00
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
Ergo Proxy
Made In The Abyss
Berserk (The Golden Arc)
Full Metal Panic! (All 4 Seasons)
Full Metal Alchemist/FMA Brotherhood
Robotech
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
Gilgamesh
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Rahxephon
Mai Hime
Cowboy Bebop
Kids on the Slope
Samurai Champloo
Fire Force
Trigun
Gurren Lagaan
Erased
Bamboo Blade
Claymore
Gantz
School Live!
Mushi-Shi
Fate/Stay Night
Eureka Seven
Blood+
Scrapped Princess
The Future Diary
Oh My Goddess!
Heavenly Delusion
Monster
Cyberpunk 2077 Edgerunners
Boogiepop Phantom
Highschool of the Dead
Love Is War
My Dress Up Darling
Summertime Render
The Animatrix
Rebuild of EVA
Weathering With You
Your Name
The Girl That Leaped Through Time
Summer Wars
Wolf Children
The Boy And The Beast
Cowboy Bebop The Movie

Dr.Morris79

Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex
Paranoia Agent
Last Exile
Welcome To The N.H.K.
Gundam 00
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
Ergo Proxy
Made In The Abyss
Berserk (The Golden Arc)
Full Metal Panic! (All 4 Seasons)
Full Metal Alchemist/FMA Brotherhood
Robotech
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
Gilgamesh
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Rahxephon
Mai Hime
Cowboy Bebop
Kids on the Slope
Samurai Champloo
Fire Force
Trigun
Gurren Lagaan
Erased
Bamboo Blade
Claymore
Gantz
School Live!
Mushi-Shi
Fate/Stay Night
Eureka Seven
Blood+
Scrapped Princess
The Future Diary
Oh My Goddess!
Heavenly Delusion
Monster
Cyberpunk 2077 Edgerunners
Boogiepop Phantom
Highschool of the Dead
Love Is War
My Dress Up Darling
Summertime Render
The Animatrix
Rebuild of EVA
Weathering With You
Your Name
The Girl That Leaped Through Time
Summer Wars
Wolf Children
The Boy And The Beast
Cowboy Bebop The Movie
Absolute fucking Legend 👌

Cheers 🍻

Topher

Gold Member
Been a while since I watched any anime. I just recently subscribed to Crunchyroll to start watching during my workouts. I guess the last I watched was Attack on Titan when my kids were teens. Prior to that, Berserk and Death Note. Pretty much the extent of my exposure to anime so trying to find something I might like has been a bit overwhelming.

I picked Demon Slayer and I'm about a third the way through season one. Liking it so far.

NanaMiku

Why is everything Isekai suddenly?
You just realized? Because it's almost light novels adapted to anime, it began as free web novels. AFAIK Mushoku Tensei is one of the titles that made isekai popular.
Right now the big theme is escapism for East Asia stories.
Japan: isekai
Korea: regression/transmigration
China: martial art cultivation

Mistake

I don't see a whole lot this season. Might check out tower of god since I didn't watch yet, and the deer one reminds me of Azumanga Daioh

NanaMiku

Huh, didn't realized Wistoria used Unreal Engine 5

a9974df014.png

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Does anyone know of any websites that have a collection of images like these? I sometimes want to search for older seasonal releases, but it's always a very long process of link-checking.
Could probably search for previous seasons on Reddit using the same formatting.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Does anyone know of any websites that have a collection of images like these? I sometimes want to search for older seasonal releases, but it's always a very long process of link-checking.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Caught up with Tower of God S2.

Unfortunately quite the downgrade all around. Change of studios to a generic lower budget look, and lacks the presence and storytelling impact of S1.

More or less feels like a different show now, especially considering the huge story shift for the new arc.

But still watchable.

Top Bottom