• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Season Summer 2024

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
cCWuqQ8.jpeg

We don’t have these threads anymore, which is a shame. So let’s do it.

Notable:

Tower of God S2. First season was good, and this has been a long time coming.

New Code Geass series? Franchise attempt?

Not sure what else is going to be good in between all the isekai trash. Share your picks!

YCoCg

"Days With My Step Sister"

NOT AGAIN!

Interesting mix this year, need to see some trailers, been a while since I've launched Crunchyroll as Netflix here has been getting the rights to a load of animes so we've been doing a rewatch of Black Clover. I think I've seen stuff about Terminator ZERO and the Rick & Morty anime though, they've been cooking for a while.

Fbh

Nothing in the list seems particularly exciting. Might check out the new Code Geass in a few weeks if people say it's good.

Also I remember enjoying Tower of God S1, but it has been so long I hardly even remember what happened in it.

Last edited:
Nothing in the list seems particularly exciting. Might check out the new Code Geass in a few weeks if people say it's good.
It's coming out as movies in Japan but episodes for us and it's not done yet. I didn't like OG Geass but loved Akito the Exiled, it's more OG Geass but without the school setting.

Reactions: Fbh

GymWolf

Gold Member
I was waiting for the second season of blue lock or the last season of kengan ashura on netflix, i don't care about any of that...

Last edited:

NanaMiku

On my watch list:
The Strongest Magician was a Human
Suicide Squad Isekai
My Wife has no emotion
Ossan new adventurer
Nokotan
Alya Russian
Failure Frame
Akaneko ramen
Pseudo Harem
Days with my Stepsister
Parry Everything
2.5D Seduction
Grendizer U
Sakuna
Nobody's Way Up
Dahlia
Wistoria
Journey Raising Kids
Love Twins
Why Nobody Remember

Holy shit too many too watch lol

STARSBarry

Gold Member
On my watch list:
The Strongest Magician was a Human
Suicide Squad Isekai
My Wife has no emotion
Ossan new adventurer
Nokotan
Alya Russian
Failure Frame
Akaneko ramen
Pseudo Harem
Days with my Stepsister
Parry Everything
2.5D Seduction
Grendizer U
Sakuna
Nobody's Way Up
Dahlia
Wistoria
Journey Raising Kids
Love Twins
Why Nobody Remember

Holy shit too many too watch lol

Wistoria wand and sword for sure, if only because the people animating it actually have talent and care.

Like for real I'm sure the story being about a magic school is going to be predictable as fuck and I'm just waiting for the "SUPRISE ITS A TORNAMENT FOR NO REASON WITH WWF STYLE PLAY BY PLAY ANNOUNCERS IN A FUCKING FANTASY SETTING" episode to appear with literally no foreshadowing.

However you compare it to the strongest magician for example and the difference in quality is EXTREME.

Last edited:

NanaMiku

Wistoria wand and sword for sure, if only because the people animating it actually have talent and care.

Like for real I'm sure the story being about a magic school is going to be predictable as fuck and I'm just waiting for the "SUPRISE ITS A TORNAMENT FOR NO REASON WITH WWF STYLE PLAY BY PLAY ANNOUNCERS IN A FUCKING FANTASY SETTING" episode to appear with literally no foreshadowing.

However you compare it to the strongest magician for example and the difference in quality is EXTREME.
The original novel is made by Fujino Omori, the creator of Danmachi. He delivers. Danmachi S4 was really great.

I read the manga of Wistoria but I forgot if there's a tournament arc, but the battles are cool. I hope it's popular enough so the anime can get to the incident. The manga is already quite far and the art is great
GK-b7TWbYAE-Zjp.jpg:large

Man I havent watched an anime in 2 years, I just cant commit anymore to a popular/good show that will be dragged for 7 years and milked to death with fillers. Im just patiently waiting for good stuff to end and then Ill watch them.

Vyse

Gold Member
I was waiting for the second season of blue lock or the last season of kengan ashura on netflix, i don't care about any of that...
Finishing up Blue Lock right now. Friend suggested and I was very skeptical. Ended up loving it. Kinda reminds me of Black Clover without Magic.

Vyse

Gold Member

Sounds great. Just put it on my watchlist. Looks like only
One episode so far on Crunchy.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Finishing up Blue Lock right now. Friend suggested and I was very skeptical. Ended up loving it. Kinda reminds me of Black Clover without Magic.
I'm a sucker for spokon so they just need to be decent, and blue lock was way more than decent.

If you like shonen spokon you should take a look at eyeshield 21, kuroko no basket or hajiime no ippo (last one being one of the best anime ever made full stop)

(I consider slam dunk more on the realistic side)

And please watch this stuff in jap, especially ippo and eyeshield.

Last edited:

Vyse

Gold Member
I'm a sucker for spokon so they just need to be decent, and blue lock was way more than decent.

If you like shonen spokon you should take a look at eyeshield 21, kuroko no basket or hajiime no ippo.

(I consider slam dunk more on the realistic side)
Awesome. Appreciate it. I’ll give it a shot.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Awesome. Appreciate it. I’ll give it a shot.
Start with ippo, it's the type of anime that completely suck you in in 2-3 episodes tops.

And for the love of buddha, watch it with jap voiceover.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Attack on Titan (one of the GOATs) and Thunderolt Fantasy aside (not really anime but it's amazing and made by Gen Urobuchi, Fate/Zero, Madoka, Psycho Pass, so watch it you heathens) I haven't watched any new anime since about 2014.

I've always got my eyes peeled for something great, so these threads are helpful to read opinions. 👊

Last edited:

Doom85

Tower of God will be a must watch for me.

I love Code Geass, but Season 2’s ending is the best ending of any anime period only topped by Cowboy Bebop’s. So I never had any interest in any follow up (I do appreciate they clarified that the sequel film is basically a sequel only to the S1 & 2 recap films, so the original two full seasons were left untouched).

I’ll wait for Suicide Squad Isekai to finish before watching (if anyone hasn’t seen it, the ED is a banger).

I heard most say that the Elusive Samurai manga is just okay, so probably skip for me.

I still need to watch Nier Automata Season 1, not in a huge hurry since I already played the full game.

Geezus, Monogatari is still going?! I’ve only seen Bakemonogatari, and it was great, but this didn’t feel like it warranted hundreds of episodes. Every new Monogatari season announcement just makes me less interested in watching more, unless someone can recommend me a good earlier point that works fine to “end on” for those who want to watch more but not a TON more.

Terminator and Rick and Morty are maybes.

Seems like just an okay season, but it feels like since 2018 summer is pretty much always the weakest season for anime every year.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I usually love pure in your face classic shonens but fairy tail lost me after the 3rd or 4th saga...
It was pretty much the same thing over and over again. New set of villains. The heros get beat down but rise up through the power of friendship. I made it through somewhere around episode 167 or so. I might pick it back up one day.

Top tier lady design with some good fanservice though. Music was catchy as hell too.

GymWolf

Gold Member
It was pretty much the same thing over and over again. New set of villains. The heros get beat down but rise up through the power of friendship. I made it through somewhere around episode 167 or so. I might pick it back up one day.

Top tier lady design with some good fanservice though. Music was catchy as hell too.
Yeah blondie and titania were nice.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Any cool seinen you cultured gents would recommend?

Vyse

Gold Member

Just finished the first episode of Wistoria. Love the art style! Great so far! Guessing the episodes drop weekly. Great recommendation!

Fbh

Checked out Tsue to Tsurugi no Wistoria and while the production values are pretty good it feels like it's going for some record of most tropes in an opening episode.

✅ "School/Academy" setting
✅"In a world where everyone can do this special thing, protagonist is someone who can't"
✅"Everyone looks down on him because of it"
✅"But he actually has a more unique and rare ability!"
✅ "Childhood friend is a genius and part of some elite team. Catching up to them to fulfill a childhood promise is his main motivation"
✅ "Magical cat-like companion"

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
The casuals will already mention Berserk and Vinland Saga (though the former should be manga only, though the 90’s anime is good), so:

Golden Kamuy

EJre7JY.jpeg

Land of the Lustrous​

IpoNlzg.jpeg

Kaguya-sama: Love is War​

flJMPez.jpeg

One Punch Man

3CJmfWx.jpeg

Monster​

5lUkKcS.jpeg

Grand Blue

ByQyiTF.jpeg

Mushishi

0pnKbYm.jpeg

I tend to read manga more especially Seinen

I finished Land of The Lustrous

For manga I'm reading later this year

Golden Kamuy
Kaguya-Sama Love Is War
One Punch Man
Mushi-Shi

Are some of the Seinen manga I'm reading this year

I'm currently reading though The Ancient Magus Bride which is excellent so far. I'm around 28 chapters into it

K' Dash

Even tho I have a Crunchyroll Sub I almost never watch new anime. The only one I'm interested in is Dan Da Dan. Nothing else is interesting to me.

Top Bottom