• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anno sorry for making you wait for Evangelion 3.0+1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://kotaku.com/an-apology-to-eva..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

“Up until then, after doing the third entry Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo, I thought I wasn’t going to make any more,” Anno said. He then got the offer to do Godzilla Resurgence. “At that time, I went into talks with Toho, and it saved me. I think this is how I’m able to keep making Evangelion. However, since it is a fact that I’m making everyone wait, I deeply apologize for that.”
Redo me if old

JB2448

The way he describes it makes it sound like making Eva is both the most rewarding and most physically and mentally draining process of his life. Eva fans should be used to waiting by now, I think. He should take his time to make sure this film can act as a sort of bookend to what he started in '95.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Back when all the films were supposed to be released close to each other, my plan was to wait until they all came out to watch them, that was about 7 years ago.

Weiss

Banned
I don't know how Anno fucked up so badly making 3.0 after 2.0 was so good, so I'm okay with this series staying dead.

I've been wanting to watch Rebuild for like ever, but I want to wait until the series is complete which is taking far longer than I thought it would.

Also what does he mean by

Up until then, after doing the third entry Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo, I thought I wasn’t going to make any more

Wasn't it always planed to be a quadrilogy?

I don't know how Anno fucked up so badly making 3.0 after 2.0 was so good, so I'm okay with this series staying dead.
I think it just finally broke him and then we ended up with 3.0
I've been wanting to watch Rebuild for like every, but I want to wait until the series is complete which is taking much longer than I thought it would.

Also what does he mean by

Wasn't it always planed to be a quadrilogy?
Sounds like he gave up after 3.0

Thought he wasn't going to make anymore? Like, what the hell, Anno? You committed to a fourth movie beforehand, and 3.0 sure as fuck wasn't much of a conclusion to anything. Though, I guess none of Eva's conclusions have been much of conclusions to anything.

Dennis

Banned
I just assumed he meant he was sorry for putting us through Evangelion 3.0

Evangelion 1.0 - OK

Evangelion 2.0 - amazing

Evangelion 3.0 - worst piece of shit anime

Risette

A Good Citizen
He's doing the world a favor by making sure there are less bad Rebuild movies for as long as possible. Too bad there are already three of them though.

Evangelion 1.0 - OK

Evangelion 2.0 - amazing

Sounds about right.

4.0 will be amazing because they have an entire blank canvas and no safety net.

B.K.

I liked 3.0. I liked how off the rails it went. I'm still looking forward to 3.0+1.0, whenever it's released. Hopefully they start working on it soon.

Altazor

Evangelion 1.0 - OK

Evangelion 2.0 - amazing

pretty much.

Oh well, even if 4.0 sucks, at least I'll always have the original series + EoE.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
lol
At this rate, by the time 3.0+1.0 releases it would've been delayed by over 10 years from its original release date.

:(

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
“Up until then, after doing the third entry Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo, I thought I wasn’t going to make any more,”

lol imagine the meltdown if he stuck with that

javac

1.11 and 2.22 are trash, 3.33 is a masterpiece the likes of which the world will never see again. Kaworu and Shinji da best.

Kieli

Evangelion would be a lot better if they replaced Shinji with a hot-blooded protagonist.

PIERCE TEH HEAVENS. LIMITS EXIST TO BE BROKEN.

He should take as much time as he needs. I will never mind having to wait for something if it means that the overall product is better. Considering that EOE is one of my favorite films of all time, I really, REALLY don't think this one should be rushed. So excited!

Eusis

He fell into a deep depression. He didn't think he would make it out of his slump.
I also half wonder if he would've ultimately let someone else finish it off despite being HIS thing, just so it'd be done. But man, if doing this Godzilla what's snaps him out of it then it's a great thing he got this offer as it didn't really delay anything afterall.

Glad he acknowledged the existence of the fourth movie. I don't mind waiting it's going to be a trip when it's finally released. How can anyone watch some of the action seqeunces in any of the Eva movies and not have huge respect for Anno.

He fell into a deep depression. He didn't think he would make it out of his slump.

Damn, thought part of the reason he made Rebuild was because he was in a much better emotional state than he was when he made the original. Guess that's out of the door now.

Galang

Banned
He should reboot the movies from Asuka's perspective. Everyone wins then and he'll make a lot more money too

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I hope 3.0 + 1.0 is 2 hours of crayon scribbles and photographs of real places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom