• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another WWE star injured, (alberto Del Rio)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a good start to 2016 with these injuries. Wondering if they.should resign Willie Mack or Shaun Ricker. Ricker is great at heel promos.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's starting to look like the guys calling out the lifting they're doing as a big source of the issues are probably right.
I have a theory that Dean Ambrose looks way less buff than he did in the Shield for that reason.

People are gonna be legit shook when he beats HHH for the title at WM.

kirblar

I have a theory that Dean Ambrose looks way less buff than he did in the Shield for that reason.

People are gonna be legit shook when he beats HHH for the title at WM.
I won't be, as soon as they announced the main event, suddenly it fell into place.

It's like last year, where the only possible way to salvage things was Seth, but they had to completely act (on the back end) like everything was normal.

Soup Bar

They really need to schedule proper time off for the roster. At this rate they won't have anyone worth watching left. ADR is a great worker but his mic skills aren't the best. I did like that one promo about how Destiny loves Alberto Del Rio but I can't find it...

Edit: I lied

https://youtu.be/INCzdktJihY?t=55s

I miss Ricardo. :(

Trojan X

Banned
I think all these injuries shows that WWE need to have more people on rotation. Healing time is extremely important if the company wants these athelics to perform at such a level. To request these guys and girls to perform at high level on TV, house shows and even more on PPV full-on means that time off and more wrestlers on the roster is needed. This would also mean that the bookies need to improves greatly and the company need to let the wrestlers do their thing so their credibility can grow more organically.

kiguel182

At this point they'll clear Bryan.

I mean, not that Del Rio is a huge star but they will need guys at Mania and Bryan is both popular and can put on a good match with ease.

Also, more chances for Zayn to be put on the main roster to wrestle Owens at Mania.

Marvel

could never
He'll probably heal up before Mania, there's time if it's not too bad.

But all these injuries are cray

WWE needs to implement Thesz's three weeks on, one week off schedule. Stagger it among their wrestlers and it won't be hugely noticeable. Top stars who need to remain visible can do only raw on their week off, and just promos - not actually compete. That happens enough anyway for it to be unnoticable

The hellish WWE schedule combined with the current faster paced wrestling style is finally taking its toll.

I can already hear Austin telling these young cats to slow the fuck down.

Laws00

Just read about del rio just now.

Jesus Christ man...

Wonder what God or Gods the WWE pissed off for this to happen to them

BroBot

Went to an NXT show tonight and was shocked at how loud the ring was. Like I knew there was little padding but it was audible over the fans. Doesn't surprise me these guys injure so easily.

There are mics under every ring to make the impacts sound louder. Its possible that the mics were turned up louder that night.

Ban Puncher

Payback for the Vince vs God angle at Backlash 2006.

Ql6t6oV.gif

orioto

Good Art™
SOMEONE BUBBLE WRAP, AJ!

With everyone getting injured he might get his title shot sooner rather than later.

i'd say SOMEONE BUBBLE WRAP OWENS! But it looks like he's probably already wrapped.

But seriously do you remember guys when the WWE was smart enough to not communicate that badly on injuries, but they used it in storylines ? That was back when they tried to tell stories.

For example, what if all those heel injuries are the result of a shadow man trying to become the first contender ?? i'm saying that but i'm saying nothing..

KingBroly

Banned
i'd say SOMEONE BUBBLE WRAP OWENS! But it looks like he's probably already wrapped.

But seriously do you remember guys when the WWE was smart enough to not communicate that badly on injuries, but they used it in storylines ? That was back when they tried to tell stories.

For example, what if all those heel injuries are the result of a shadow man trying to become the first contender ?? i'm saying that but i'm saying nothing..

At this point, Owens is the only guy who won't get hurt.

I'd consider that a win, since he's probably the best guy on the roster right now. I'm omitting AJ for now since he's new for WWE, but Owens is the best they've got IMO.

Ronin Ray

With all the injuries they need to turn bubba Ray into a singles heel. His run in tna was probably the best of his career. He would instantly be a top heel. A Dean Ambrose bubba Ray fued going into maina would be killer. At his age he dosent have much time left but he could put alot of the new and young guys over.

ngower

I've been telling friends for some time now that Kalisto v del Rio needs an added element, someone to keep the storyline going in case someone gets hurt (swore it would be Kalisto after the botch at the Rumble).

While their superstars are hurting, they really aren't lacking in talent. Kofi, Big E, Dolph, Breeze, Neville, Rusev, Bray, AJ, Brock, Ambrose, Sandow, KO, Gold/Stardust, Strowman/Rowan/Harper, Roman, the NXT folks that should be called up (Finn, Enzo/Cass, Bayley, etc).

The problem is just in booking. When you put all your eggs into one basket and someone goes down, you have to start all over.

Hell, if you rely on a heavier rotation you probably won't have so many damn injuries.

Anth0ny

With all the injuries they need to turn bubba Ray into a singles heel. His run in tna was probably the best of his career. He would instantly be a top heel. A Dean Ambrose bubba Ray fued going into maina would be killer. At his age he dosent have much time left but he could put alot of the new and young guys over.

Amazing how badly they're wasting him. Dudleys are jobbing in dark matches.

At this point they'll clear Bryan.

I mean, not that Del Rio is a huge star but they will need guys at Mania and Bryan is both popular and can put on a good match with ease.

Also, more chances for Zayn to be put on the main roster to wrestle Owens at Mania.
Doubtful not while they're push him reigns for mania

hamchan

Haha this is pretty ridiculous now. League of Nations is just Rusev.

Something must be wrong with how WWE are handling their talent because this many people getting injured can't just be bad luck.

KingBroly

Banned

Something must be wrong with how WWE are handling their talent because this many people getting injured can't just be bad luck.

As it should be. He can say he took over all of them and is now King of Nations.

UberTag

Technically, Rusev is injured too. He has a knee injury. He's just wrestling through it.

WWEKOF2_India16Jan15.jpg

I'm sure there are a bunch of minor/undisclosed injuries that talent are working through above and beyond the ones that have others on the shelf.

Cast or not, it doesn't sound like Sheamus will be out for long. Wouldn't be surprised to see him back in the ring before Del Rio.

Ithil

Nakamura needs to learn more of the WWE style. Just look what happened to Itami when he came in. It's a huge learning curve. I never watch Smackdown, but I saw the clip WWE posted of that AJ match and damn Mauro is soooooooooooooo superior to Michael Cole in every way. They need to dump Cole and get Mauro on Raw asap. Cole is part of what's killing the WWE. He doesn't know how to get anything over.

On the other hand, look at Asuka.

atomsk

Party Pooper
starting to wonder if Vince wished on a monkey's paw "I want people to cheer for Roman" and the curse is that everyone else people would have cheered for instead get hurt

Paracelsus

You gotta wonder if protecting wrestlers too much makes them weaker. Since it makes no difference they should have every match like this:

kevinsteen2g3rrv.gif

bigkrev

We had a rush of broken necks in 2002- Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Edge, Hardcore Holly, Lita (and probably some more people I'm forgetting). They made changes- less crazy ladder spots, longer and slower matches- and it's now a pretty uncommon thing for a wrestler to break their neck. They need to figure out what is causing all of this- I'm not as convinced as some people that it's the style of lifting they are doing, because if it was, I would think you would see a lot more injuries on the NXT side of the roster, who are all at that preformance center daily doing those lifts.

It does seem like they are cursed by god though. This is the year they are running a nearly 100,000 seat arena for Wrestlemania, and apparently (according to the sheets), the year Vince had most of the Wrestlemania card made 6 months ago that's all been thrown out due to injury.

We had a rush of broken necks in 2002- Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Edge, Hardcore Holly, Lita (and probably some more people I'm forgetting). They made changes- less crazy ladder spots, longer and slower matches- and it's now a pretty uncommon thing for a wrestler to break their neck. They need to figure out what is causing all of this- I'm not as convinced as some people that it's the style of lifting they are doing, because if it was, I would think you would see a lot more injuries on the NXT side of the roster, who are all at that preformance center daily doing those lifts.

It does seem like they are cursed by god though. This is the year they are running a nearly 100,000 seat arena for Wrestlemania, and apparently (according to the sheets), the year Vince had most of the Wrestlemania card made 6 months ago that's all been thrown out due to injury.

The NXT is not as much of a grind as the wwe lifestyle. I think these injuries are just a result of what these guys do for a living, and the fact that they all are occurring at the same time is just an unfortunate coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom