• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANT-MAN | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Since production has begun for Ant-Man, let's keep the set info & pics here.

Marvel said:
Marvel Studios began principal photography today in San Francisco, California, on its newest Super Hero franchise Marvel’s “Ant-Man.” The film brings one of Marvel comics’ original founding members of The Avengers into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The production also shoots on location in Atlanta, Georgia, which serves as the base for the film’s production.

Set for release in the United States on July 17, 2015, the film is directed by Peyton Reed (“Bring it On,” “The Break-Up”) and stars Paul Rudd (“I Love You Man,” “Role Models”) as Scott Lang aka Ant-Man, and Michael Douglas (“Behind The Candelabra,” “Wall Street”) as his mentor Dr. Hank Pym and Evangeline Lilly (“The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug,” “Lost”) as Hope Van Dyne, daughter of Hank Pym.

The film also includes outstanding additional cast including Corey Stoll (“House of Cards,” “The Bourne Legacy”), Bobby Cannavale (“Danny Collins,” “Annie,” “HBO’s “The Long Play”), Michael Peña (“End of Watch,” “American Hustle”), Abby Ryder Fortson (“Togetherness”), Judy Greer (“13 Going on 30,” “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes”), David Dastmalchian (“The Dark Knight,” “Prisoners”), Wood Harris (“Remember the Titans,” “The Wire”), John Slattery (“Mad Men,” Marvel’s “Iron Man 2”) and Gregg Turkington (“The Comedy,” “On Cinema”) and multi-hyphenate T.I. (“American Gangster,” “Takers”).

Based on the Marvel comic character first published in 1962, Marvel’s “Ant-Man” continues the lineage of epic big-screen adventures chronicled in Marvel’s “Iron Man,” “The Incredible Hulk,” “Iron Man 2,” “Thor,” “Captain America: The First Avenger,” “Marvel’s The Avengers,” “Iron Man 3,” “Thor: The Dark World,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Guardians of the Galaxy” and the upcoming Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron.”

Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym (Michael Douglas), protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.

Marvel’s “Ant-Man” is produced by Marvel Studios’ president, Kevin Feige, with Louis D’Esposito, Alan Fine, Victoria Alonso, Michael Grillo and Stan Lee serving as executive producers.  

Director Peyton Reed’s creative team also includes Oscar® winning cinematographer Russell Carpenter (“Titanic,” “21”), production designer Sheppard Frankel (“Identity Thief,” “Horrible Bosses”) costume designer Sammy Sheldon Differ (“X-Men: First Class,” “Kick Ass”), visual effects supervisor Jake Morrison (Marvel’s “Thor: The Dark World,” “The Lord of the Rings: Two Towers”), stunt coordinator Jeff Habberstad (Marvel’s “Iron Man 3,” “X-Men: Days of Future Past”) and six-time Oscar® nominee, special effects supervisor Dan Sudik (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Marvel’s The Avengers”).  The editors include Dan Lebental, ACE (Marvel’s “Thor: The Dark World,” Marvel’s “Iron Man”) and Colby Parker Jr. (“Lone Survivor,” “Hancock”).

Kieli

Hot Fuzz is one of my favourite movies. Shame to see the original director leave the project.

Wonder what happened? I don't follow movie production all that closely.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
MRfVfBK.jpg

I am excited about this...hoping for the best.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
So we've got one from House of Cards, one from Boardwalk Empire, one from Mad Men, one from The Wire, and one from Arrested Development. Whoever the casting director is, they watch a lot of great TV shows.

Real Hero

Hot Fuzz is one of my favourite movies. Shame to see the original director leave the project.

Wonder what happened? I don't follow movie production all that closely.

They rewrote his script even after he altered it to appease some initial requests.

Tizoc

The only good Antman or Hank Pym stuff I've read or watched are:
Avengers: EHM Season 1
The Irredeemable Ant-Man by Robert Kirkman
Mighty Avengers by Dan Slott

Interested still in seeing how this goes.

Quick

Banned
Judy Greer in an MCU movie. I'm definitely okay with this.

And T.I. is the random choice, but that's just fine. I'm curious as to what his role will be, if it's even going to be significant to the movie.

I'm assuming John Slattery is reprising his role as Howard Stark. I'm glad Marvel's keeping consistent with casting.

JustinBB7

Don't know much about Ant-Man, but that test footage from a while back looked really fun, plus it's Marvel, they haven't been bad to me yet.

Wait, weren't they filming in Atlanta?

They still are, ATL is the primary filming location.

They are doing some shooting in SF this week though.

Great to hear about Slattery. I think he's perfect for the older Howard Stark and was hoping he'd get some more material at some point, but wasn't sure if they'd just CGI the shit out of Cooper.

They still are, ATL is the primary filming location.

They are doing some shooting in SF this week though.

Great to hear about Slattery. I think he's perfect for the older Howard Stark and was hoping he'd get some more material at some point, but wasn't sure if they'd just CGI the shit out of Cooper. I like the consistency.

Hey... That's where I live. I wonder if they need extras....

Judy Greer in an MCU movie. I'm definitely okay with this.

And T.I. is the random choice, but that's just fine. I'm curious as to what his role will be, if it's even going to be significant to the movie.

I'm assuming John Slattery is reprising his role as Howard Stark. I'm glad Marvel's keeping consistent with casting.

I bet David Dastmalchian will be young Pym.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm still excited for this. I've never liked Ant-Man but the possibility of Janet is good enough and I'm sure they'll make him fun and interesting, especially since Paul Rudd is playing him.

Now, if Janet isn't properly included I won't be happy but if they do decide to give her story to Evangeline, they better make her exactly like Janet. Avengers is in need of a peppy female character.

Slayven

I'm still excited for this. I've never liked Ant-Man but the possibility of Janet is good enough and I'm sure they'll make him fun and interesting, especially since Paul Rudd is playing him.

Now, if Janet isn't properly included I won't be happy but if they do decide to give her story to Evangeline, they better make her exactly like Janet. Avengers is in need of a peppy female character.

I doubt they j Janet hook up with Scott.

Janet's going to be Janet. She and Hank were a thing, something happened and she died or got lost in the microverse or whatever. Her daughter Hope will be sheltered and will meet Scott through his dealings with her father Hank, Hank won't want her involved but Scott will bring something out of her that makes her want to be a hero or whatever, Hank will resist at first but eventually give Hope her mother's Wasp costume, BAM we have our new Wasp.

Wazzy

Banned
Eh. They're already changing a huge aspect of Ant Man's character by giving Tony his Ultron story. I don't see how a change like Janet with Scott would be a big deal.

They still probably won't, I just would rather they do it.
Janet's going to be Janet. She and Hank were a thing, something happened and she died or got lost in the microverse or whatever. Her daughter Hope will be sheltered and will meet Scott through his dealings with her father Hank, Hank won't want her involved but Scott will bring something out of her that makes her want to be a hero or whatever, Hank will resist at first but eventually give Hope her mother's Wasp costume, BAM we have our new Wasp.
Even if Janet exists but won't as Wasp after this film, if they're going to make a different character the main Wasp, make sure she's like Janet. We don't need another female super hero who is exactly like the others personality wise.

Fuck this movie. I'm watching Hot Fuzz tonight in retaliation.

Not really, but you know Edgar's movie would have been better than whatever this ends up being.

I love the suit, like the cast, but I'm still real worried about this one. Hoping that the very clear premise and tone (comedy focused superhero heist film) helps this one remain entertaining despite the troublesome production.

Fuck this movie. I'm watching Hot Fuzz tonight in retaliation.

Not really, but you know Edgar's movie would have been better than whatever this ends up being.
We need to let go man!

My thing is to imagine that, if at some point, Guardians had been Edgar Wright led. If Ant-Man even comes close to Guardians in terms of quality, I'll still love it.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
You edgar wright stans need to let go. Youre making us hank pym stans look reasonable by association.

Siegcram

On the one hand I'm super pumped that I'll get an Ant-Man movie in my lifetime.
One the other hand it could have been directed by Edgar Wright.
GODDAMNIT MARVEL!

I'm still there Day 1. If that test footage is any indicator it's gonna be great.

Slayven

Eh. They're already changing a huge aspect of Ant Man's character by giving Tony his Ultron story. I don't see how a change like Janet with Scott would be a big deal.

They still probably won't, I just would rather they do it.

Even if Janet exists but won't as Wasp after this film, if they're going to make a different character the main Wasp, make sure she's like Janet. We don't need another female super hero who is exactly like the others personality wise.

Ultron is a important aspect of Pym history, but no way a huge part of it. I mean Pym himself only encounters Ultron a handful of times Ultron has shown up. Hell for all we know Stark might be tinkering with an abandoned Pym project and starts the whole thing.

Folks need to get on Pym he is so much more then a wife beater and the guy who created Ultron.

Blader

Never once thought we'd see Slattery back as Howard Stark, that's cool.

Love Bobby Cannavale, but I'm gonna guess they'll just have him do his same Boardwalk shtick here again, though I'm probably fine with that anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom