• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anti-Muslim hate crimes soar in London, tripling in wake of Paris attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles X

What does islamaphobia and anti muslim stand for right now? Is this actual attacks or verbal abuse as well?

hohoXD123

Yes 2010 and 2014 are displayed, both of which if I'm reading my calendar properly happened before this year.

How difficult is it to understand. The point about islamophobic incidents in London tripling between 10th November and 24th November 2015 is statistic 1, provided by the met police. The broader point about islamophobic attacks increasing in recent times as shown by the figure is statistic 2.

Were as the Guardian write up is good. The statistics etc are from IHRC and they are kind of dodgy.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/dec/01/muslim-woman-britain-paris-attacks

I am not saying hate crime isn't a problem I am saying the source Huffington Post use shouldn't be trusted.

Can't say I'm too aware of the credibility of the IHRC, why shouldn't they be trusted?

Personally, I don't call statistics from 2 years ago "recent"
I don't either, and I'm not sure their source is great but you guys were wondering how this related to the article. It does through that broader point more than the Paris attacks.

dalin80

Banned
So basically ISIS is winning in the UK.

Basically no, no they aren't. Not even in the slightest. Compare the total of hate crimes to the numbers of Muslims who live here and that is clear to see, especially when 'hate' crimes' is such a broad term that the statistics covering it are meaningless.

Many of the crimes don't even involve the race or religion of the 'victims', shout an insult at a driver who cut you up (ie watch where you're going you twat!') and that driver can report it to the police, say that felt threatened and bingo hatecrime.

milanbaros

Member?
Terrible if stats are true.

For US benefit there is a far higher proportion of Muslims in the UK than in America. In many areas the Muslim population is not a minority.

The organisation reporting the stats are also bias.

However, islamaphobia is a major and growing issue.

No posts about UK turning to a shithole like the US threads? What a shocker.

Hopefully people will wake up and realize this is a problem and going to become a problem in most of their countries until they wake up and fight against instead of wasting their time pretending it's only something that could happen in the US.

funkypie

Banned
The organisation is dodgy as fuck. Unless something like the guardian is reporting this with actual evidence, it's best to ignore this unfortunately.

The "Islamic Human Rights Commission" is not reputable, they are a very dodgy organisation. I've not heard of the other organisation referenced but I've jsut googled them and the first link was a Telegraph article called 'Tell Mama' did exaggerate anti-Muslim attacks: PCC rejects all Fiyaz Mughal’s complaints against us so I'm not going to get my hopes up about them being trustworthy either.

you could probably find a better source disputing ihrc than a neocon trash rag like the spectator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom