• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any anime remotely close to Bebop quality release in the past 5 years??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I too thought N&T,H&T was pretty damned depressing. I really found myself rooting and hoping for something good to happen to these abused kids, the show tugged at me emotionally in the same way that Grave of the Fireflies did. It was nice to have villains in an anime that actually perform highly villainous acts, someone to really despise. Show was brilliant.

Mugen

Banned
The most depressing anime ever is Saikano. That anime just never let up. Awesome anime though but I'll never watch that anime ever again.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I haven't seen NTHT or Saikano, but I have seen Violinist of Hameln... yeah that puts you down for a while. Also Vampire Princess Miyu TV, while I liked simply because it's such an anti-sailormoon.

I enjoyed Boogiepop Phantom despite being very confused at times.

I haven't finished Gungrave, but it has surprised me. I stopped watching after the weak first episode, but picked it up again a few months later and I am glad I did. I just hope it doesn't fall apart during the second half.

--
Other series that I have enjoyed that aren't really in the same category ("cool") are Infinite Ryvius and Haibane Renmei.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom