• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any chance Sony brings back Factions 2?

vivftp

I brought up both because I was critiquing the decision that led to both. TLOU online was cancelled and Concord was apparently impressive enough to buy the studio. My ire is solely aimed at poor decision making and what I perceive to be a waste of time and money.

That's simply the nature of video game making. Some projects work out, some don't, some never even make it across the finish line. It happens all the time across all publishers for any number of reasons.

We know why TLOU Online stopped dev, why bring up an unrelated game that you apparently feel was undeserving if not to shit on it? Why not bring up Bends new IP, or Corys new IP? Surely those could've been sacrificed at the alter so TLOU online could have found a way to live, right? See? It's silly to bring up unrelated games in this discussion.

Zathalus

That's simply the nature of video game making. Some projects work out, some don't, some never even make it across the finish line. It happens all the time across all publishers for any number of reasons.

We know why TLOU Online stopped dev, why bring up an unrelated game that you apparently feel was undeserving if not to shit on it? Why not bring up Bends new IP, or Corys new IP? Surely those could've been sacrificed at the alter so TLOU online could have found a way to live, right? See? It's silly to bring up unrelated games in this discussion.
It’s silly that you keep saying that I think something needed to be sacrificed for TLOU online to live. I don’t think that’s the case. I brought up Concord in the context of me critiquing the decision that led to the TLOU online cancellation, both decisions I personally disagree with. It’s hardly the only thing I disagree with that has happened at Sony, but considering Concord is the most recent, I thought it was worth using as an example.

vivftp

It’s silly that you keep saying that I think something needed to be sacrificed for TLOU online to live. I don’t think that’s the case. I brought up Concord in the context of me critiquing the decision that led to the TLOU online cancellation, both decisions I personally disagree with. It’s hardly the only thing I disagree with that has happened at Sony, but considering Concord is the most recent, I thought it was worth using as an example.

It's fine if you have a list of critiques, my bone of contention was that in this case they were critiques unrelated to what caused TLOU Online to stop development. Concord could have never existed in the first place or it could've been the next Fortnite and everything still would've played out precisely the same for TLOU Online.

Not a joke: tap Firewalk to finish and maintain it.

blood-in-blood-out-magic-mike.gif

Facism

Wouldn't mind it coming back in some form alongside TLOU 3 (if that ever comes out before the heat-death of the universe)

vivftp

Wouldn't mind it coming back in some form alongside TLOU 3 (if that ever comes out before the heat-death of the universe)

Well we know ND are working on a new IP directed by Neil Druckmann right now, that started in 2020. In addition to that me speculation is that they're either working on the new Uncharted game in collab with another studio (ie. VASG) or it's fully in-house now. Bend was working with ND on Uncharted until early 2021 when they asked to do their own thing, which is around the time that Shaun Escayg (director of Lost Legacy) returned to the studio. Shaun worked on TLOU Part 1 and since then we have no idea what he's up to, my guess is Uncharted.

One would think that TLOU Part 3 is in pre-production now and will move into full production once the new IP ships, so we're probably looking at 2028/2029 for that to make an appearance.

I do think that TLOU Online making a return after Part 3 would be a great way to continue the franchise once Ellies trilogy is over. There'll be the HBO series to cover the events of Part 3, also, but who knows what, if anything will happen after they complete the season(s) that cover the third game.

Neolombax

I thought GAF hated GAAS? But no, I dont think they'd revive Factions. Concord probably made them wary of venturing into MP type games.

Top Bottom