• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else dissapointed with NCAA 2005 for Xbox?

KarishBHR

Gamespot was right... there are problems! It slows down, the controls arent responsive, and it just doesnt feel right. Anyone else not a big fan of this years edition?

PS. The new things are too gimmicky, and Ive only played the game for about 30 minutes

CP have you even played NCAA or madden? i'm pretty sure you haven't played ncaa, and i know for a fact you haven't played madden 2005. while ncaa is a disappointment (i could have told you it would be after i got home from e3 had i known they would change nothing), madden was already the real deal back in may. i would have forked over $50 to EA for whatever version they had running @ e3, so guess what that means? the game is going to be even better in august.

stop listening to everyone elses opinions and develop your own. if you want to have an ea-hate jerk off party, head on over to the op-sports ESPN boards. there's no place for that here at the madden dominance capital of the world!

Mrbob

I'm probably going to end up keeping this game until Madden is out and then dump it. Especially if EB has a nice NCAA trade in deal for Madden going on right now. Things that have pestered me about NCAA 2005:

1) Tips. Tipped balls have a life of their own. I played a game last night in my Dynasty where I threw a heave up at the end of the game. Two receivers and four defenders were in the area. The ball juggled between all six and then flung 10 yards down the field where another receiver of mine caught it and I scored a TD!

2) Passes. Way too many open passes dropped. Period.

3) Slowdown. A mild annoyance really. It doesn't affect my gameplay too much but it is sometimes hard on the eyes.

4) Kicking/Punting game. NCAA 2004 the kicking/punting game was spot on. This year blocking is atrocious in this area. I don't know what happened???

5) Server Problems - Hopefully they get fixed. However, after seeing how EA handled MVP (Or I should say their lack of doing anything) I'm not holding my breath waiting for things to be ironed out.

6) This last one is painful to admit because it was the one feature I looked forwad too the most. It is way too easy for players to get rattled. I like the HFA system. However you play in a tough place and it seems like your players crumble. And these are high ranking players crumbling after one bad play. The HFA system is way too slanted to the home team. It needs more balance. I know HFA makes a difference in college ball but it is overdone in the game.

This game is the disappointment of the year for me. I had such high expectations. Unfortunately the game just didn't meet them. It couldn't even surpass last years game and has fallen flat on its face. It is still fun to play online. We'll see if things change over the next couple weeks.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Knowing my luck if I win a tournament game I wont get credit for it >_<

Top Bottom