• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else hoping the NHL DOESN'T reach an agreement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomer

No offense to you hockey-lovers but I hate having to sit through hockey highlights on ESPN. It seems like the season begins right after the Stanley Cup. How long is their off-season, like 2 weeks?

Phoenix

If every other sport other than American Pro and College football suddenly sat out for a season, I'd be okay with it. But as it is, I wouldn't wish that pain and suffering on hockey fans because I would hate for them to wish it on football fans.

GO SAINTS!

GO FALCONS!

Gregory

Banned
I saw some baseball the other day and was shocked to see so many really overweight, out of shape players. Pathetic.

I am! I loved when Theo Fleury played on my home team during 94-95 lock-out. 8 + 9 points in ten games! I expect to see some great NHL players (mostly finnish though) in Finnish Elite League again if there's going to be an another lock-out.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
How'd a thread about how much hockey sucks turn into a baseball-bashing fest?

At least baseball is an equal-opportunity sport!

you better delete this thread now, because if bishop sees this you are permabanned!

p.s. give hockey a chance. i'll be honest with you, i was never that big of a hockey fan. but i started watching the playoffs this year and it is infact very exciting. much like the nba and mlb (but unlike the nfl) i don't show much interest in the regular season. if that makes me a poser fan of the other sports then oh well. but hockey is the real deal, and i hope they get a deal done. a world without cheechoo is a world not worth living in

Socreges

Banned
The more you get into a sport (understanding the rules, knowing the players, cheering for a particular team), the more you're entertained by it.

Baseball, however, is definitely the most difficult to embrace.

I predict an amusing and deprecating tag for our good friend Boomer.

Desperado

I saw some baseball the other day and was shocked to see so many really overweight, out of shape players. Pathetic.

Yeah it didn't take any athleticism or talent for Beltran to steal that HR today, or for Oswalt to throw 110 pitches and give up 0 runs...

SickBoy

I would rather they don't reach an agreement than reaching an agreement that doesn't resolve some of the problems with the league's economy. If a lockout does eliminate the season, I hope more cities pick up WHA franchises and a TV deal emerges.

-SB

Malakhov

Banned
DopeyFish said:
Hockey = best sport evar. don't diss the best sport evar.
Must of been boring watching the draft this weekend for you huh, not a whole lot of players picked by them Leafs
lol.gif

No offense to you hockey-lovers but I hate having to sit through hockey highlights on ESPN.

Let me ask you a question.... What fucking alternate reality are you from where ESPN actually shows hockey highlights, let alone enough to annoy your dumb ass Mr. ADD?

That said, I love your new tag. ;)

SA-X

KilledByBill said:
Let me ask you a question.... What fucking alternate reality are you from where ESPN actually shows hockey highlights, let alone enough to annoy your dumb ass Mr. ADD?
lmfao, thats exactly what I was thinking. ESPN's hockey coverage sucks.

Seth C

Chesapeake Silt said:
Yeah, we need to make room for more baseball highlights. "Wow, a steroid-addled freak hit a homerun! YOU DON'T SEE THAT TOO OFTEN!"

Right, because seeing steroid-addled freaks picking fights with other steroid-riddled freaks is so much better.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Society said:
What does the NFL have to do with this?

Please, lets keep this hockey bashing thread focused on baseball bashing.

Damn straight, keep it to things we can all take part in.

Hating the NFL is just mean spirited. Hating baseball is fun for the whole family!

Fifty

Phoenix said:
If every other sport other than American Pro and College football suddenly sat out for a season, I'd be okay with it. But as it is, I wouldn't wish that pain and suffering on hockey fans because I would hate for them to wish it on football fans.

GO SAINTS!

GO FALCONS!

More people need to think like this. I love every sport, and people shouldn't waste their time hating on ones they dislike.

Boomer said:
No offense to you hockey-lovers but I hate having to sit through hockey highlights on ESPN. It seems like the season begins right after the Stanley Cup. How long is their off-season, like 2 weeks?

What're you complaining about. It's damn impossible to even SEE a regular season Hockey game on TV but football is on every fucking day. Now I like football too but would it kill them to bring hockey back to two nights a week? Once a week is pitiful. Sportscenter is the only way I see pratically any hockey. The sport gets next to no coverage until the playoffs. Every other sport gets coverage throughout it's season and post-season.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Hockey is a great sport,I just hate not having a houston team :(

I'll tell you want sucks...Basketball in Canada..its just wrong.

Again, none of you could last a month doing what David Wells does. Your arm would fall off after a week, and your back would probably hurt so bad you couldn't move.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
CavemanLawyer said:
Again, none of you could last a month doing what David Wells does. Your arm would fall off after a week, and your back would probably hurt so bad you couldn't move.

34580.jpg

You're probably right!

I hate hockey for many reasons, but the main reason is the fans. Try living in Toronto when the Leafs are in the playoffs. I want to murder every person that has a Leaf flag attached to their car and honks their horn non-stop every time they score a goal...which is pretty much everybody. Imagine what all you Americans saw on TV when Conan was in Toronto...x 100...24/7...for months...*shudder*

Kuroyume

Banned
Baseball is way better than hockey so much so that it isn't even a contest. Hockey is just figure skating with pads and a stick.

Fifty

Now you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. I love both sports, but hockey is a much, much more physical sport than baseball.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty,your guys just dont look right playing,stick to Hockey...
_986598_basket_300.jpg

I'd like to see the haters hit a 100mph fastball, or steal a base, or make a diving catch. There are no fatasses in baseball except for maybe first baseman....you have to be quite athletic to play baseball regardless of candaian opinion.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
I've recently heard some debates about weather Hockey is still one of the "Big 4" sports in the USA, and I really can't believe it.

I think it's right up there with lawn bowling, shuffleboard, and croquet. Unless curling makes a huge push, hockey is going to stay on that list for a long time to come.

Gregory

Banned
Sactown said:
I've recently heard some debates about weather Hockey is still one of the "Big 4" sports in the USA, and I really can't believe it.

I think it's right up there with lawn bowling, shuffleboard, and croquet. Unless curling makes a huge push, hockey is going to stay on that list for a long time to come.

Well, if anything it`s more popular than the other 3 worldwide.

Matrix

Hockey is good for pics like this...

hockey.jpg

Gregory

Banned
soulja224466 said:
Hockeys more popular than baseball and basketball worldwide? No way...

lol, atleast certainly baseball. How many europeans do you see playing in the 3 other leagues compared to NHL?

And do they even play world championships/world cups in basketball? If so I havent even heard of it.

Granted, I don't know a lot about hockey, but I know basketball is huge all over the globe. And baseball is huge here, in many latin american countries, and in japan and korea. And it must be at least semi-popular in canada. I can only hope for a true world series someday....

Socreges

Banned
soulja224466 said:
Hockeys more popular than baseball and basketball worldwide? No way...
Yes way. Definitely baseball. Probably basketball. Basketball might be played more recreationally, though, because it's far more accessible.

Seth C

Socreges said:
Yes way. Definitely baseball. Probably basketball. Basketball might be played more recreationally, though, because it's far more accessible.

Basketball and soccer are the sports competing for worldwide popularity. Jordan is like a god in China, population 1,000,000,000+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom