• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

anyone get the Gradius V Bonus DVD @ Gamestop?

Baron

Anybody know if new Gradius V orders from Gamestop come with the bonus DVD at this point? I kind of missed the boat on pre-ordering, but only because I don't pre-order anything, on principle.

I can't stand the pushy a-hole clerks at EB and the such asking me if I pre-ordered X game whenever I go asking for something. If you don't carry a product in-store for people to buy, that's your lost sale. I can very easily either go elsewhere or go home and order a game online, from a place that is not your retail establishment.

I digress, however. I'd like to get my hands on the bonus DVD now, though. The Gamestop website has them listed still along with the game, but they still use the "preorder" verbage. No idea if it's still being sent out with new orders.

NotMSRP

Is there something wrong with preordering online? I also don't preorder @ retail stores on priniciple, but I have no problem with preordering online.

MoxManiac said:
I got mine last saturday. Kinda dissapointed with the quality of the mpegs and the lack of stage 6/7 footage.

Yeah I finally got my mine. The compression of the vids are horrible!

Priz

They originally pressed the discs, but there was a problem (and hence a delay), and the guy behind the discs wanted to take the time to clean them up because he was unhappy with the compression/how it looked... if they let him use the time to remaster it so it looked better, he would've been really happy, but they didn't. Ah well...

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Isn't this a DVD? How was there NOT enough space to display these videos appropriately?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Mejilan said:
Isn't this a DVD? How was there NOT enough space to display these videos appropriately?

I'm not sure, its like they used the bare minium of quality options.. *Checks Something*
Well, they managed to use the whole 4.35 gigs.

Mzo

You know you can just walk in to any Gamestop and get one for free, right?

They just came in last week, and most people don't even know what Gradius is, let alone that there's a preorder bonus disc for it.

Point is, all Gamestops should have a stack of them that they hand out to anyone who asks. The only thing stopping you here is a dumbass employee who doesn't know what it is and will lie to you about it.

"They were all handed out when the game was released" 9____9

Baron

I finally tracked down one of these puppies yesterday. Cool bonus, I expect it'll be highly sought after in years to come.

Most impressed upon me, however, was the total kick-assedness of Gradius Gaiden from the gameplay media collected on this DVD. This game seriously needs to be released outside of Japan, pronto. If we're lucky, Gradius V will do well and spur Konami into releasing Gaiden in the USA.

Baron said:
I finally tracked down one of these puppies yesterday. Cool bonus, I expect it'll be highly sought after in years to come.

Most impressed upon me, however, was the total kick-assedness of Gradius Gaiden from the gameplay media collected on this DVD. This game seriously needs to be released outside of Japan, pronto. If we're lucky, Gradiuis V will do well and spur Namco into releasing Gaiden in the USA.

Yeah, anyone who's played Gradius Gaiden can tell you it kicks major ass.

Baron

dog$ said:

You don't have to be an ass about it, you know.

Back on topic...Yeah, Gradius Gaiden looks like mad fun. I've always been partial to memory-based horizontal shooters of the R-Type ilk over the typical Cave bullet-hell verticals, so the Gradius series is akin to heaven on earth for me.

Baron

All right, my doctor tells me I need to fine-tune my control over my anger and my general mistrust of others. So...

I am a good person.

I am training my mind to select my thoughts in a healthy way, so as to be the source of my own tranquility.

I am pleased with myself for this wise choice of thought.

Lessee if it works.

No, still a bit annoyed, but I suppose it's a step in the right direction.

Oh, and Gradius Gaiden - it needs a domestic release. I am going to initiate a campaign to convince Konami of its salience in the now-overlooked PS1 market.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Yeah, I was definitely impressed with Gradius Gaiden... not really very impressed with Gradius 4... went to Gamestop and the guy says he'd only give DVDs to people if they preorder another game, but then he asked me about Gradius V and I was telling him of its amazingness, and he gave me the DVD. The guy was cool, he loved Ikaruga and R-Type Final... shooter fans are awesome in my book.

Loved the DVD, even though it could've been a bit higher quality, with a few less glitches (the sound is poppy and there are some glitchy parts during the GB Gradius games, which surprisingly looked pretty good for the old system).

Top Bottom