• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone got the Biohazard 4 demo ?

maskrider

I read from local newsgroups that someone has it already, I might be able to get it tonight. Will try putting out some video on it once I got it.

Anyone here already got it ?

maskrider said:
I had read that someone (who can be trusted) is playing the demo and said the main character can fight with limbs.
Limbs as in the severed arms of the undead? Or limbs as in punches and kicks?

ourumov

That sounds awesome. For a moment I was thinking in Dante when he uses the special gloves...or in Breakdown... :)

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Still wish someone could pick this up for me. I would be glad to re-imburse them + some for energy expended. anything that would make it cheaper than the ridiculous near 32$ US after shipping some places are charging.

maskrider

It is good that I had reserved it long before anyone else, the book store that I get my stuffs from only has one copy of it arrived, heh ! I will be able to get it today.

scola said:
Still wish someone could pick this up for me. I would be glad to re-imburse them + some for energy expended. anything that would make it cheaper than the ridiculous near 32$ US after shipping some places are charging.

Skipping it for the same reason. There's no reason for them to charge prices like that for something that is easily available out there. You'd think this was equal to asking for Club Nintendo exclusive items.

aku:jiki

cybamerc said:
Videos of the games listed.
Oh right.. Reading helps. Thanks, though.

But does anyone know what the "secret video" P-A are talking about is? Doesn't sound very worth it right now..

maskrider

The list of the video

Upcoming games list
- Biohazard 4 (GC)
- Devil May Cry 3 (PS2)
- Monster Hunter G (PS2)
- Shadow of Rome (PS2)
- Dement (PS2)
- Killer 7 (GC/PS2)
- Capcom Fighting Jam (PS2/XB/AC)
- Tim Burton Nightmare before Christmas (PS2)
- True Crime: Streets of LA (PS2)
- Rockman X8
- Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC/PS2)
- Ookami (PS2)

Released games list
- Biohazard Outbreak FILE 2 (PS2)
- Viewtiful Joe (PS2)
- Grand Theft Auto Vice City (PS2)
- Grand Theft Auto Bouble Pack (XB)
- Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2003 (PS2)
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2003 (PS2)
- Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer 2003 (PS2)
- Run Like Hell (PS2)
- Street Fighter III 3rd Strike (PS2)
- Rockman Zero 3 (GBA)
- RockmanX Command Mission (GC/PS2)
- Rockman EXE 4.5 (GBA)
- Panic Maker (PS2)
- Fullhouse Kiss (PS2)
- Crimson Tears (PS2)

Secret Movie
- Red Dead Revolver (PS2)

maskrider

cybamerc said:
You can't switch screen modes at all in the demo version?

"Options" is not accessible (the 2nd last words in the following screen)

bh4dm-opt.jpg

novery

I played it today. It's pretty short. Only about ten minutes long. I dig the new RE gameplay style, though. And the graphics are pretty impressive.

But if you're just interested in the RE4 demo (and not the videos and such), it ain't worth 1500 yen plus shipping.

-rp

novery

Standard intro - roll up in the car, walk into the village, get attack by a villager, and then it's about ten minutes of survival in the village until the town bell sounds and the crazy villagers drop their weapons and the demo ends. Maybe I did something wrong? The Famitsu guy I played it with also said it took him 10 minutes to clear the demo.

-rp

SantaC

novery said:
Standard intro - roll up in the car, walk into the village, get attack by a villager, and then it's about ten minutes of survival in the village until the town bell sounds and the crazy villagers drop their weapons and the demo ends. Maybe I did something wrong? The Famitsu guy I played it with also said it took him 10 minutes to clear the demo.

-rp

but I guess you can roam around in the village as much as you can?

novery

I was hoping to fight a boss or something. Anybody here play the E3 demo? Did the E3 version also end when the church bell rings and all the villagers disperse?

-rp

satterfield

BIGTIME TV MOGUL
novery said:
I was hoping to fight a boss or something. Anybody here play the E3 demo? Did the E3 version also end when the church bell rings and all the villagers disperse?

-rp

Yep. It's just the E3 demo. Bah. Capcom's sending around the same damn build for previews.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Looks slight updated though... or is it just me?

[edit] Looks the same in the video. Thanks for that one btw!

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Anyone know if this is the same version they've been letting people play at recent events, like the Gamestop conference etc.? Basically, there's a villager that attacks you with an axe after you go up to a house, blah blah. I've heard from a bunch of people who got to play it that the graphics are simply out of this world...but that the controls still feel too much like a RE game.

maskrider

If you finished the demo once, there will be Normal, Hard and Movie for you to choose from.

bh4-01-1.jpg

Movie is basically the old trailer.

If you collect more than 30000pts in the demo, you will unlock a bonus (which I don't know yet).

Top Bottom