• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone pick up Black Arrow today?

Rodriguez

Total Conquest is fucking shit. I played two games where the other team was fucking spawn camping. At least in RTCW you get a few second of invincibility and can wipe out any campers. This game doesn't have that. The campers fucking kill you even before you can move! It's bullshit.

epmode

quick impressions: the game feels very different from the first one. all of the maps are designed around the conquest/capture the flag modes. even the recycled maps (strategic doors removed.) team survival just isn't the same anymore. i used to have a great time with 3 on 3, 4 on 4 matches, but those just won't work now. the maps are too damn big.

on the other hand, the new modes are great. except for the spawn camping in the capture the flag mode. it's far too easy to do, and it's far too effective.

funcojoe

Yeah the spawn campers do suck ass, that's why I only try and game with dudes I know. We don't play that lame ass spawn camping shit aka stat whores.

I just picked it up today at Fry's. I'll be honest, I never played Rainbow Six 3 on the Xbox so I'm a complete newbie at this. I did pick up Rainbow Six 3 though as well. Both games for $49.99 total, not bad for two games =) I'm willing to get my ass kicked if anyone wnats to play =)

epmode

funcojoe said:
Yeah the spawn campers do suck ass, that's why I only try and game with dudes I know. We don't play that lame ass spawn camping shit aka stat whores.
what astounds me is that it's so easy to spawn camp in the capture the flag mode. and you almost have to do it, when you consider that the other team spawns about 5 seconds from the your capture point. i don't see a way around it, either. the maps have clearly been designed with this in mind.

maybe if the spawn points had more exits, but that would require every map to be altered.. never happen.

epmode

MightyHedgehog said:
Yeah. R6 is just meant to be played with round-based survival rules, IMO.
i love that mode, too. it's a shame that this game doesn't seem to be designed for that.

the last game is great, but i'm not sure about black arrow..

Kruza

Like a few have already mentioned, spawn campers are the biggest problem I see with Black Arrow. Rodriguez makes a great point about the short period of invicibility in RTCW. I think there should be a patch for this to occur in BA. Would help out a great deal to counter all the spawn camping going on.

Total Conquest is great mode. Fantastic stuff, period.

Retrieval mode (BA's "Capture the Flag" mode) is great for medium-sized crowds of like 6-10 players. However, I don't think it's as good a mode to play for large crowds of more than 10 due to the aforementioned spawn camping plus the excessive lag occuring whenever the canister changes hands. I would much rather play in TC or TS modes with large crowds.

Oh, and I love the Sudden Death feature. No more of the last survivor(s) of a team who are outnumbered running away and hiding like cowards until time runs out to prevent a loss. Thank goodness that the end of rounds ending in a draw are over.

Kruza

Top Bottom