• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone still playing Paper Mario 2 JPN?

Eric-GCA

Banned
Was wondering if those here who imported managed to finish the game already, and if so, how long did it take to finish? I going through Paper Mario 1 in about 20 hours, how fares the sequel in regards to length?

Wow, just a little over a month now before its released here, wait's getting harder. But at least it has a solid date, unlike Half Life 2 :(

Eight stages, and it took me forty hours, and (do not read this spoiler)
a whole bunch more quests open up only AFTER you beat the game, which I haven't tried, so expect another few hours

By the way, I went back and looked at my Paper Mario review for Animerica, and I was pleased to find that every single one of my complaints about the game had been answered, including length. First took me 20, second took me 40.

Eric-GCA

Banned
wow, so they really did double the length of the original then, and thats apparently just going through the game skipping through all the text. Thats swell. :D

Kobun Heat said:
By the way, I went back and looked at my Paper Mario review for Animerica, and I was pleased to find that every single one of my complaints about the game had been answered, including length. First took me 20, second took me 40.

Incidentally, what were your complaints about PM1?

Oh, I have to dig up the old Word file again. Hang on...

"...paper motif... has little to do with the rest of the game; replace the graphics with a standard 3D look and none of the gameplay would seem out of place."

Anyone who's seen a screenshot of PM2 knows this to no longer be the case.

"Paper Mario’s story is not deep..."

Also no longer the case - it's not Shakespeare, but there are lots of plot twists, lengthy side-stories, intriguing characters, etc.

And then it was the 20-to-25 hour gameplay... well, I wasn't really concerned about that, but 40 hours is better in this case, since the quality keeps up.

Could end up being the highest-rated and/or best-selling RPG this year. It's just awesome.

Hrm. How about long winded? The one biggest problem for me with PM1 was that between the battles (and all the timing involved), it could take hours to get out of a level. It's not that I mind long sequences either, but when it takes so much time and effort to time your way through a battle, boredom and/or frustration kicks in (which was a key detractor in M&L too, in my mind).

If PM2 doesn't drag it out as badly your comments will probably sell me on it.

Top Bottom