• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPad Pro |OT|

Apple is bothering the shit out of me with their recent releases. Sounds like this one will be available online and in stores on November 11, but no preorder? No word that it will be available then? Annoying as hell, like the new ATV, that I can't order online and get it day-one.

Blackhead

Redarse
Apple is bothering the shit out of me with their recent releases. Sounds like this one will be available online and in stores on November 11, but no preorder? No word that it will be available then? Annoying as hell, like the new ATV, that I can't order online and get it day-one.

And Apple has still only announced prices for the USA. I've put all my other tech purchases on hold until I tally how much the iPad Pro and all its addons will cost me. (The iPad Pro keyboard cover is more expensive than a new AppleTV :0; I haven't decided which one I want more yet)

I walked in and got an iPad 3 on launch no problem. I don't think they have the same insane launch day demand like iPhones do.

Only problem could be supply constraints if they're hard to manufacture

At my local store on iPad 2 launch day they ran out of stock in 65 minutes

That's because the iPad 2 was a huge improvement, compared to the shit that the OG iPad was. That was also in 2011.

Just saying, just because iPads are no iPhones doesn't guarantee you can walk in and grab one

Sam's Club Begins Taking iPad Pro Pre-Orders, Citing November 13 Launch

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/11/06/ipad-pro-sams-club-november-13-launch/

Sooooo grabbing the 128GB one. I mean not from Sam's Club, but still.

dork

Banned
This is getting annoying. I would like to know the release date, so I can either just order it online or grab one at Best Buy on the way to work

Future

I really want to know how this feels in the hand. It's as heavy as the iPad 3 and that thing is unwieldy. I'm going to be using it mostly in my hands instead of on a desk.

Yeah. Really odd this thing isn't even available on display in stores yet to try it out. Even the apple watch was in stores before launch

I just want to know the price for the main unit and the pencil & keyboard cover in Great British Pounds. Cannot believe they've withheld that information so far.

I'm torn between this and a 13" MacBook Pro now.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I just want to know the price for the main unit and the pencil & keyboard cover in Great British Pounds. Cannot believe they've withheld that information so far.

You can figure out likely pricing based on other US pricing though.

Bgamer90

Banned
Stop playing games Apple. Give me a date so I can get my money ready. Tired of dealing with the issues I'm having on my iPad 4.

Majine

Banned
Did they say that the screen has a different coating that feels more rough than the usual screen from Apple?

I seem to recall so.

I can already see this thing replacing my Air 2 for almost every situation. Drawing will be better, editing photos and videos will be better, watching tv and movies will look and sound better, comics will hopefully still look great, etc. will it be as portable? No. But I don't caaaare

Hatty

yeah seems like an afterthought

like this . . .thing
QPRtU5h.jpg

Take the U.S. price without the dollar sign, add the number thirty and add a GBP symbol.

Jimrpg

Man i just want the the apple pencil to work with a normal size iPad. i think aside from drawing, the iPad Pro seems a bit big for everyday use. Hopefully next year with the iPad Air 3 refresh

Luigiv

Man i just want the the apple pencil to work with a normal size iPad. i think aside from drawing, the iPad Pro seems a bit big for everyday use. Hopefully next year with the iPad Air 3 refresh
It's possible. Rumour has it that the iPhone 7 will have pencil support, so if that's true then I suspect the next iPad and possibly iPad mini will too.

Servbot24

Banned
It's possible. Rumour has it that the iPhone 7 will have pencil support, so if that's true then I suspect the next iPad and possibly iPad mini will too.

If it does I hope it's incidental pencil support and not featured. Pencil makes perfect sense for iPad but would be ridiculous as an iPhone feature.

Hurry up and give a release date Apple :(

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I can already see this thing replacing my Air 2 for almost every situation. Drawing will be better, editing photos and videos will be better, watching tv and movies will look and sound better, comics will hopefully still look great, etc. will it be as portable? No. But I don't caaaare

I have an iPad Air 2. My son wants an iPad Air to replace his iPad mini 2. My wife wants an iPad mini.

This could work out beautifully :)

giga

Could not care less about tablets in general at this point in time (software isnt where it needs to be to replace my laptop) but I'm eager to see how the a9x benches compared to core m.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I still can't believe that it offers only 32gb for $800 with no way to expand yourself. Simply insane.

For some reason I'm no longer sold on getting a Pro. I think it's a mix of enough time passing without release information and the fact that I'm getting pretty used to 3D touch so I'm not sure if I want to upgrade to a tablet without it just yet.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
For some reason I'm no longer sold on getting a Pro. I think it's a mix of enough time passing without release information and the fact that I'm getting pretty used to 3D touch so I'm not sure if I want to upgrade to a tablet without it just yet.

What do you use 3D touch for? I almost never use it on purpose on my phone. I Feel like i'm missing out.

What do you use 3D touch for? I almost never use it on purpose on my phone. I Feel like i'm missing out.

I use it all the time to "peak and pop" into links, images, etc. It's not a vital feature or anything but the lack of it on the iPad Pro just feels odd.

Definitely going to pick one up when it's in store. Apple has their holiday return policy going on so I can "try it out" until January 8th to make sure I'm really in love with it

Edit: And I just got approved for a Barclaycard for $2000! No interest, bitches!

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Might pick one up if the pencil is as good as advertised mainly for procreate and umake.

The ideal sp4 is too pricey for me.

btkadams

Would a Wednesday online preorder deliver on Friday? What are Canadians' experience with Apple preorders?

I'd just walk in on Friday but I won't be off work until 6 pm. I feel like they could be sold out by then.

Would a Wednesday online preorder deliver on Friday? What are Canadians' experience with Apple preorders?

I'd just walk in on Friday but I won't be off work until 6 pm. I feel like they could be sold out by then.

I don't think Wednesday counts as a pre-order, I think that's when actual ordering starts. So in this case, ordering it on Wednesday would get it to you hopefully close to when it would be in stores a couple days later

Tendo

What is best buys return policy like? If I snag this and end up not liking it does it fall under the 15 day return deal?

What is best buys return policy like? If I snag this and end up not liking it does it fall under the 15 day return deal?

Holiday return policy means you can return it any time before January 15th, no restocking fee

By contrast, the Apple Store holiday return policy gives you until January 8th, also no fees

Future

I still can't believe that it offers only 32gb for $800 with no way to expand yourself. Simply insane.

Considering all the thirsty people ready to buy without even trying the thing, I'd call it brilliant

Considering this for the parents. iPads are pretty much their computers these days

Top Bottom